If you’re serious about living a productive and powerful life, it’s important that you select a career that will help you cultivate the type of personal and professional worlds you desire. If you live in Wyoming and have already realized that you want to pursue a career in occupational therapy, it’s time that you learn all about how to become an occupational therapist. To gain this important information, carefully read the brief outline offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Wyoming
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Your first step in accomplishing your vocational goal of becoming an occupational therapist is to find and attend an accredited occupational therapy program in your area. Note that the school’s accreditation is important because it proves that the learning institution is in compliance with guidelines administered at the regional, state, and/or national level. After you’ve located the school that is in keeping with your personal preferences and budget, contact one of the institution’s representatives to discuss pertinent details such as tuition fees and how long it will take you to complete the program. Gaining this detailed information will help you make a well-rounded, informed decision regarding which school to attend.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Wyoming
If you wish to work as an occupational therapist in Wyoming, it’s critically important that you conform to the state’s rules and regulations. In addition to meeting the state’s degree requirements, you’ll be responsible for completing six months of training under the tutelage of a licensed OT or an internship. You’ll also need to pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Wyoming
If you want to obtain optimal success in your vocational journey, note that it is very important for you to master your financial life. To put this process in motion, it’s a good idea to learn what type of salary you can expect to earn once you start working in the occupational therapy field. As noted on Indeed.com, Wyoming residents will typically bring in $71,000 each year. Also, occupational therapy assistants will generally garner $49,000 annually. If you’re serious about optimizing your salary, note that participating in ongoing educational courses can help you realize this objective.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Wyoming
There are several occupational therapy colleges that you can enroll in within the state of Wyoming. They include:
- Casper College
- Laramie County Community College