If you’re serious about attaining a sense of self-actualization as well as professional advancement, it’s important that you concentrate on developing a career in a field that you’re genuinely interested in. If you live in West Virginia and have already realized that a career in occupational therapy is right for you, your next step should be the careful accumulation of relevant information that will prepare you to perform well in the job market. By reading the brief yet thorough guide we’ve provided below, you can learn how to become an occupational therapist while also gaining important information about other pertinent topics:
List of Elite Programs in West Virginia
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
When selecting the ideal occupational therapy college from which to take classes and obtain your degree, it’s important that you recognize the importance of accreditation. Because accredited schools conform to clear and generally agreed upon standards of excellence, you are much more likely to attain a contemporary, comprehensive education from this type of institution. After you’ve found an accredited occupational therapy program, move forward by contacting its admissions officials and requesting an on-site tour or informational brochures that provide detailed information regarding everything that the college has to offer.
Occupational Therapy Certification in West Virginia
Aspiring occupational therapists who reside in West Virginia must learn about the rules and regulations for licensure and certification that exist within the state. The first thing on your to do list should be the attainment of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field. You then move forward by completing a minimum of six months of experience with a licensed OT or through an internship. You’ll also be required to pass a background check and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in West Virginia
Knowing what type of salary you can expect to earn in the occupational therapy world is important because it can help you plan your budget. Indeed.com informs us that West Virginia-based occupational therapists typically bring in $82,000 annually. Those West Virginians who decide to work as occupational therapy assistants can expect to garner $56,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in West Virginia
West Virginia is home to several occupational therapy programs. Some of them include:
- Mountain State University
- Potomac State College of West Virginia University
- West Virginia University
Occupational Training Centers in West Virginia
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|West Virginia University|
Division of Occupational Therapy
|Morgantown||(304) 293-8828||P.O. Box 9139|
Morgantown, WV 26506-9139