If you’re serious about attaining a sense of self-actualization as well as professional advancement, it’s important that you concentrate on developing a career in a field that you’re genuinely interested in. If you live in West Virginia and have already realized that a career in occupational therapy is right for you, your next step should be the careful accumulation of relevant information that will prepare you to perform well in the job market. By reading the brief yet thorough guide we’ve provided below, you can learn how to become an occupational therapist while also gaining important information about other pertinent topics:
List of Elite Programs in West Virginia
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
When selecting the ideal occupational therapy college from which to take classes and obtain your degree, it’s important that you recognize the importance of accreditation. Because accredited schools conform to clear and generally agreed upon standards of excellence, you are much more likely to attain a contemporary, comprehensive education from this type of institution. After you’ve found an accredited occupational therapy program, move forward by contacting its admissions officials and requesting an on-site tour or informational brochures that provide detailed information regarding everything that the college has to offer.
Occupational Therapy Certification in West Virginia
Aspiring occupational therapists who reside in West Virginia must learn about the rules and regulations for licensure and certification that exist within the state. The first thing on your to do list should be the attainment of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field. You then move forward by completing a minimum of six months of experience with a licensed OT or through an internship. You’ll also be required to pass a background check and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in West Virginia
Knowing what type of salary you can expect to earn in the occupational therapy world is important because it can help you plan your budget. Indeed.com informs us that West Virginia-based occupational therapists typically bring in $82,000 annually. Those West Virginians who decide to work as occupational therapy assistants can expect to garner $56,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in West Virginia
West Virginia is home to several occupational therapy programs. Some of them include:
- Mountain State University
- Potomac State College of West Virginia University
- West Virginia University
Occupational Training Centers in West Virginia
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|West Virginia University|
Division of Occupational Therapy
|Morgantown||(304) 293-8828||P.O. Box 9139|
Morgantown, WV 26506-9139