If you’re serious about attaining a sense of self-actualization as well as professional advancement, it’s important that you concentrate on developing a career in a field that you’re genuinely interested in. If you live in West Virginia and have already realized that a career in occupational therapy is right for you, your next step should be the careful accumulation of relevant information that will prepare you to perform well in the job market. By reading the brief yet thorough guide we’ve provided below, you can learn how to become an occupational therapist while also gaining important information about other pertinent topics:
List of Elite Programs in West Virginia
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
When selecting the ideal occupational therapy college from which to take classes and obtain your degree, it’s important that you recognize the importance of accreditation. Because accredited schools conform to clear and generally agreed upon standards of excellence, you are much more likely to attain a contemporary, comprehensive education from this type of institution. After you’ve found an accredited occupational therapy program, move forward by contacting its admissions officials and requesting an on-site tour or informational brochures that provide detailed information regarding everything that the college has to offer.
Occupational Therapy Certification in West Virginia
Aspiring occupational therapists who reside in West Virginia must learn about the rules and regulations for licensure and certification that exist within the state. The first thing on your to do list should be the attainment of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field. You then move forward by completing a minimum of six months of experience with a licensed OT or through an internship. You’ll also be required to pass a background check and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in West Virginia
Knowing what type of salary you can expect to earn in the occupational therapy world is important because it can help you plan your budget. Indeed.com informs us that West Virginia-based occupational therapists typically bring in $82,000 annually. Those West Virginians who decide to work as occupational therapy assistants can expect to garner $56,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in West Virginia
West Virginia is home to several occupational therapy programs. Some of them include:
- Mountain State University
- Potomac State College of West Virginia University
- West Virginia University
Occupational Training Centers in West Virginia
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|West Virginia University|
Division of Occupational Therapy
|Morgantown||(304) 293-8828||P.O. Box 9139|
Morgantown, WV 26506-9139