If you’re serious about attaining a sense of self-actualization as well as professional advancement, it’s important that you concentrate on developing a career in a field that you’re genuinely interested in. If you live in West Virginia and have already realized that a career in occupational therapy is right for you, your next step should be the careful accumulation of relevant information that will prepare you to perform well in the job market. By reading the brief yet thorough guide we’ve provided below, you can learn how to become an occupational therapist while also gaining important information about other pertinent topics:
List of Elite Programs in West Virginia
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
When selecting the ideal occupational therapy college from which to take classes and obtain your degree, it’s important that you recognize the importance of accreditation. Because accredited schools conform to clear and generally agreed upon standards of excellence, you are much more likely to attain a contemporary, comprehensive education from this type of institution. After you’ve found an accredited occupational therapy program, move forward by contacting its admissions officials and requesting an on-site tour or informational brochures that provide detailed information regarding everything that the college has to offer.
Occupational Therapy Certification in West Virginia
Aspiring occupational therapists who reside in West Virginia must learn about the rules and regulations for licensure and certification that exist within the state. The first thing on your to do list should be the attainment of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field. You then move forward by completing a minimum of six months of experience with a licensed OT or through an internship. You’ll also be required to pass a background check and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in West Virginia
Knowing what type of salary you can expect to earn in the occupational therapy world is important because it can help you plan your budget. Indeed.com informs us that West Virginia-based occupational therapists typically bring in $82,000 annually. Those West Virginians who decide to work as occupational therapy assistants can expect to garner $56,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in West Virginia
West Virginia is home to several occupational therapy programs. Some of them include:
- Mountain State University
- Potomac State College of West Virginia University
- West Virginia University
Occupational Training Centers in West Virginia
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|West Virginia University|
Division of Occupational Therapy
|Morgantown||(304) 293-8828||P.O. Box 9139|
Morgantown, WV 26506-9139