Our nation’s capital is one of the world’s leaders in work and advancement. This also means that it’s an environment prone to cause stress, and also with individuals who are dedicated to their careers but may face trouble in leading their lives to the fullest due to emotional, physical, or cognitive disorders. The goal of an occupational therapist is to help patients relieve tension and stress in their lives and develop treatment methods to help affected individuals recapture and maintain healthy and full ways of life in spite of environmental, psychical, and outside stressors.
Occupational therapy programs in DC vary, so students have a variety of institutions to choose from in selecting a school to pursue their degree.
List of Elite Programs in Washington,DC
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Washington, DC
Trinity University offers undergraduate and graduate programs, so anyone who has yet to obtain the bachelor’s that is required to begin a graduate study to earn occupational therapy certification can begin at Trinity from day one.
They are also the only university in the District of Columbia to offer a program to become a licensed OTA (occupational therapy assistant), which will train an individual to prepare for a career in which they will work under the supervision and in cooperation with an occupational therapist.
Howard University, the College of Nursing and Allied Heath Sciences, offers a leading Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy (MSOT). In order to begin courses in occupational therapy, a student must have completed a four year program of study and have earned a Bachelor’s of Science.
Unique to Howard University is a program that specializes in training a person to provide occupational therapy to diverse and undeserved populations where individuals have limited access to quality healthcare, and where proper medical care has been restricted or denied. It’s an interesting path to consider that adds a charitable and philanthropic approach to the traditional study of occupational therapy.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Washington,DC
In order to become a certified occupational therapist, one must complete a Bachelor’s degree, followed by a Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy. Thereafter, they can receive a license and begin to practice as a certified occupational therapist.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Washington, DC
According to the most recent statistics, the median annual salary for an occupational therapist in the District of Columbia is $109,000
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Washington, DC
The Occupational Therapy program at Trinity Washington University
Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy at Howard University