Our nation’s capital is one of the world’s leaders in work and advancement. This also means that it’s an environment prone to cause stress, and also with individuals who are dedicated to their careers but may face trouble in leading their lives to the fullest due to emotional, physical, or cognitive disorders. The goal of an occupational therapist is to help patients relieve tension and stress in their lives and develop treatment methods to help affected individuals recapture and maintain healthy and full ways of life in spite of environmental, psychical, and outside stressors.
Occupational therapy programs in DC vary, so students have a variety of institutions to choose from in selecting a school to pursue their degree.
List of Elite Programs in Washington,DC
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- M.A. Counseling Psychology
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Washington, DC
Trinity University offers undergraduate and graduate programs, so anyone who has yet to obtain the bachelor’s that is required to begin a graduate study to earn occupational therapy certification can begin at Trinity from day one.
They are also the only university in the District of Columbia to offer a program to become a licensed OTA (occupational therapy assistant), which will train an individual to prepare for a career in which they will work under the supervision and in cooperation with an occupational therapist.
Howard University, the College of Nursing and Allied Heath Sciences, offers a leading Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy (MSOT). In order to begin courses in occupational therapy, a student must have completed a four year program of study and have earned a Bachelor’s of Science.
Unique to Howard University is a program that specializes in training a person to provide occupational therapy to diverse and undeserved populations where individuals have limited access to quality healthcare, and where proper medical care has been restricted or denied. It’s an interesting path to consider that adds a charitable and philanthropic approach to the traditional study of occupational therapy.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Washington,DC
In order to become a certified occupational therapist, one must complete a Bachelor’s degree, followed by a Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy. Thereafter, they can receive a license and begin to practice as a certified occupational therapist.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Washington, DC
According to the most recent statistics, the median annual salary for an occupational therapist in the District of Columbia is $109,000
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Washington, DC
The Occupational Therapy program at Trinity Washington University
Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy at Howard University