Our nation’s capital is one of the world’s leaders in work and advancement. This also means that it’s an environment prone to cause stress, and also with individuals who are dedicated to their careers but may face trouble in leading their lives to the fullest due to emotional, physical, or cognitive disorders. The goal of an occupational therapist is to help patients relieve tension and stress in their lives and develop treatment methods to help affected individuals recapture and maintain healthy and full ways of life in spite of environmental, psychical, and outside stressors.
Occupational therapy programs in DC vary, so students have a variety of institutions to choose from in selecting a school to pursue their degree.
List of Elite Programs in Washington,DC
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Washington, DC
Trinity University offers undergraduate and graduate programs, so anyone who has yet to obtain the bachelor’s that is required to begin a graduate study to earn occupational therapy certification can begin at Trinity from day one.
They are also the only university in the District of Columbia to offer a program to become a licensed OTA (occupational therapy assistant), which will train an individual to prepare for a career in which they will work under the supervision and in cooperation with an occupational therapist.
Howard University, the College of Nursing and Allied Heath Sciences, offers a leading Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy (MSOT). In order to begin courses in occupational therapy, a student must have completed a four year program of study and have earned a Bachelor’s of Science.
Unique to Howard University is a program that specializes in training a person to provide occupational therapy to diverse and undeserved populations where individuals have limited access to quality healthcare, and where proper medical care has been restricted or denied. It’s an interesting path to consider that adds a charitable and philanthropic approach to the traditional study of occupational therapy.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Washington,DC
In order to become a certified occupational therapist, one must complete a Bachelor’s degree, followed by a Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy. Thereafter, they can receive a license and begin to practice as a certified occupational therapist.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Washington, DC
According to the most recent statistics, the median annual salary for an occupational therapist in the District of Columbia is $109,000
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Washington, DC
The Occupational Therapy program at Trinity Washington University
Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy at Howard University