Our nation’s capital is one of the world’s leaders in work and advancement. This also means that it’s an environment prone to cause stress, and also with individuals who are dedicated to their careers but may face trouble in leading their lives to the fullest due to emotional, physical, or cognitive disorders. The goal of an occupational therapist is to help patients relieve tension and stress in their lives and develop treatment methods to help affected individuals recapture and maintain healthy and full ways of life in spite of environmental, psychical, and outside stressors.
Occupational therapy programs in DC vary, so students have a variety of institutions to choose from in selecting a school to pursue their degree.
List of Elite Programs in Washington,DC
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Washington, DC
Trinity University offers undergraduate and graduate programs, so anyone who has yet to obtain the bachelor’s that is required to begin a graduate study to earn occupational therapy certification can begin at Trinity from day one.
They are also the only university in the District of Columbia to offer a program to become a licensed OTA (occupational therapy assistant), which will train an individual to prepare for a career in which they will work under the supervision and in cooperation with an occupational therapist.
Howard University, the College of Nursing and Allied Heath Sciences, offers a leading Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy (MSOT). In order to begin courses in occupational therapy, a student must have completed a four year program of study and have earned a Bachelor’s of Science.
Unique to Howard University is a program that specializes in training a person to provide occupational therapy to diverse and undeserved populations where individuals have limited access to quality healthcare, and where proper medical care has been restricted or denied. It’s an interesting path to consider that adds a charitable and philanthropic approach to the traditional study of occupational therapy.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Washington,DC
In order to become a certified occupational therapist, one must complete a Bachelor’s degree, followed by a Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy. Thereafter, they can receive a license and begin to practice as a certified occupational therapist.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Washington, DC
According to the most recent statistics, the median annual salary for an occupational therapist in the District of Columbia is $109,000
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Washington, DC
The Occupational Therapy program at Trinity Washington University
Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy at Howard University