There’s nothing quite as exciting and rewarding as entering a career field that you’re passionate about. If you’re a Virginia resident and you know a career in the dynamic, cutting-edge occupational therapy industry is right for you, it’s a good idea to go ahead and start collecting relevant data that will empower you to optimize your vocational path and career-related decision-making processes. With that thought in mind, review the helpful guide that appears below so you can get your career off to a great start:
List of Elite Programs in Virginia
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Massage Therapy Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Once you know that getting a great, customized education is the key to propelling your career in the occupational therapy industry forward, it’s also important that you recognize how integral attending an accredited institution will be to fostering your success. Accreditation is important for numerous reasons, including the fact that it shows you that the occupational therapy college is in conformance with strict guidelines that ensure the courses you take are relevant, informational, and career-enhancing. After you’ve selected several Virginia-based programs that interest you, learn more about them by going online and doing internet research. Alternately, you can call the learning institution and request informational packets that provide you with detailed information regarding everything the school has to offer.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Virginia
If you want to gain employment as an occupational therapist in Virginia, it’s important to note that you must comply with the state’s rules and regulations. This means that you’ll first need to attain a bachelor or master’s degree in the field. Then, you’ll be required to attain at least 24 weeks of accumulated occupational therapy experience. You’ll also be required to take and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Virginia
One of the most important questions to ask after learning how to become an occupational therapist is how much you can expect to make once you start working. Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists employed in Virginia typically garner $76,000. Those aspiring Virginians who opt to work as occupational therapy assistants will generally bring in about $53,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Virginia
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Virginia. Some of them include:
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- James Madison University
- Shenandoah University
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Tidewater Community College
- Virginia Commonwealth University