There’s nothing quite as exciting and rewarding as entering a career field that you’re passionate about. If you’re a Virginia resident and you know a career in the dynamic, cutting-edge occupational therapy industry is right for you, it’s a good idea to go ahead and start collecting relevant data that will empower you to optimize your vocational path and career-related decision-making processes. With that thought in mind, review the helpful guide that appears below so you can get your career off to a great start:
List of Elite Programs in Virginia
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Once you know that getting a great, customized education is the key to propelling your career in the occupational therapy industry forward, it’s also important that you recognize how integral attending an accredited institution will be to fostering your success. Accreditation is important for numerous reasons, including the fact that it shows you that the occupational therapy college is in conformance with strict guidelines that ensure the courses you take are relevant, informational, and career-enhancing. After you’ve selected several Virginia-based programs that interest you, learn more about them by going online and doing internet research. Alternately, you can call the learning institution and request informational packets that provide you with detailed information regarding everything the school has to offer.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Virginia
If you want to gain employment as an occupational therapist in Virginia, it’s important to note that you must comply with the state’s rules and regulations. This means that you’ll first need to attain a bachelor or master’s degree in the field. Then, you’ll be required to attain at least 24 weeks of accumulated occupational therapy experience. You’ll also be required to take and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Virginia
One of the most important questions to ask after learning how to become an occupational therapist is how much you can expect to make once you start working. Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists employed in Virginia typically garner $76,000. Those aspiring Virginians who opt to work as occupational therapy assistants will generally bring in about $53,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Virginia
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Virginia. Some of them include:
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- James Madison University
- Shenandoah University
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Tidewater Community College
- Virginia Commonwealth University