There’s nothing quite as exciting and rewarding as entering a career field that you’re passionate about. If you’re a Virginia resident and you know a career in the dynamic, cutting-edge occupational therapy industry is right for you, it’s a good idea to go ahead and start collecting relevant data that will empower you to optimize your vocational path and career-related decision-making processes. With that thought in mind, review the helpful guide that appears below so you can get your career off to a great start:
List of Elite Programs in Virginia
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Once you know that getting a great, customized education is the key to propelling your career in the occupational therapy industry forward, it’s also important that you recognize how integral attending an accredited institution will be to fostering your success. Accreditation is important for numerous reasons, including the fact that it shows you that the occupational therapy college is in conformance with strict guidelines that ensure the courses you take are relevant, informational, and career-enhancing. After you’ve selected several Virginia-based programs that interest you, learn more about them by going online and doing internet research. Alternately, you can call the learning institution and request informational packets that provide you with detailed information regarding everything the school has to offer.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Virginia
If you want to gain employment as an occupational therapist in Virginia, it’s important to note that you must comply with the state’s rules and regulations. This means that you’ll first need to attain a bachelor or master’s degree in the field. Then, you’ll be required to attain at least 24 weeks of accumulated occupational therapy experience. You’ll also be required to take and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Virginia
One of the most important questions to ask after learning how to become an occupational therapist is how much you can expect to make once you start working. Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists employed in Virginia typically garner $76,000. Those aspiring Virginians who opt to work as occupational therapy assistants will generally bring in about $53,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Virginia
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Virginia. Some of them include:
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- James Madison University
- Shenandoah University
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Tidewater Community College
- Virginia Commonwealth University