There’s nothing quite as exciting and rewarding as entering a career field that you’re passionate about. If you’re a Virginia resident and you know a career in the dynamic, cutting-edge occupational therapy industry is right for you, it’s a good idea to go ahead and start collecting relevant data that will empower you to optimize your vocational path and career-related decision-making processes. With that thought in mind, review the helpful guide that appears below so you can get your career off to a great start:
List of Elite Programs in Virginia
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Once you know that getting a great, customized education is the key to propelling your career in the occupational therapy industry forward, it’s also important that you recognize how integral attending an accredited institution will be to fostering your success. Accreditation is important for numerous reasons, including the fact that it shows you that the occupational therapy college is in conformance with strict guidelines that ensure the courses you take are relevant, informational, and career-enhancing. After you’ve selected several Virginia-based programs that interest you, learn more about them by going online and doing internet research. Alternately, you can call the learning institution and request informational packets that provide you with detailed information regarding everything the school has to offer.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Virginia
If you want to gain employment as an occupational therapist in Virginia, it’s important to note that you must comply with the state’s rules and regulations. This means that you’ll first need to attain a bachelor or master’s degree in the field. Then, you’ll be required to attain at least 24 weeks of accumulated occupational therapy experience. You’ll also be required to take and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Virginia
One of the most important questions to ask after learning how to become an occupational therapist is how much you can expect to make once you start working. Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists employed in Virginia typically garner $76,000. Those aspiring Virginians who opt to work as occupational therapy assistants will generally bring in about $53,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Virginia
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Virginia. Some of them include:
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- James Madison University
- Shenandoah University
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Tidewater Community College
- Virginia Commonwealth University