There’s nothing quite as exciting and rewarding as entering a career field that you’re passionate about. If you’re a Virginia resident and you know a career in the dynamic, cutting-edge occupational therapy industry is right for you, it’s a good idea to go ahead and start collecting relevant data that will empower you to optimize your vocational path and career-related decision-making processes. With that thought in mind, review the helpful guide that appears below so you can get your career off to a great start:
List of Elite Programs in Virginia
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Massage Therapy Diploma
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Once you know that getting a great, customized education is the key to propelling your career in the occupational therapy industry forward, it’s also important that you recognize how integral attending an accredited institution will be to fostering your success. Accreditation is important for numerous reasons, including the fact that it shows you that the occupational therapy college is in conformance with strict guidelines that ensure the courses you take are relevant, informational, and career-enhancing. After you’ve selected several Virginia-based programs that interest you, learn more about them by going online and doing internet research. Alternately, you can call the learning institution and request informational packets that provide you with detailed information regarding everything the school has to offer.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Virginia
If you want to gain employment as an occupational therapist in Virginia, it’s important to note that you must comply with the state’s rules and regulations. This means that you’ll first need to attain a bachelor or master’s degree in the field. Then, you’ll be required to attain at least 24 weeks of accumulated occupational therapy experience. You’ll also be required to take and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Virginia
One of the most important questions to ask after learning how to become an occupational therapist is how much you can expect to make once you start working. Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists employed in Virginia typically garner $76,000. Those aspiring Virginians who opt to work as occupational therapy assistants will generally bring in about $53,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Virginia
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Virginia. Some of them include:
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- James Madison University
- Shenandoah University
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Tidewater Community College
- Virginia Commonwealth University