Occupational therapy is a discipline in the health care field that helps individuals regain some, if not all of their mobility, allowing them to function more freely to accomplish daily tasks such as washing dishes, bathing, combing their hair and sometimes return to a completely normal life after injuries and illnesses. Occupational therapy also allows individuals who suffer from mental disabilities to learn cognitive skills to become more independent, relying less on others to assist them in their day-to-day routine.
List of Elite Programs in Virginia Beach, VA
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Find an Accredited Occupational Therapy School in Virginia Beach, VA
The Virginia Board of Medicine’s Occupational Therapy Advisory Board oversees the requirements, education and licensing for occupational therapy careers, such as occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and aides. The Board requires attending an educational program approved by the Board. Virginia has seven programs throughout the state for those interested in careers related to occupational therapy.
While some occupational therapy occupations require a degree, occupational therapy aides generally only require occupational therapy certificate. Some of these programs can be done online or through community colleges. Other certifications highly recommended for occupational therapy aides include CPR or BLS (basic life support) certification. Occupational therapists and assistants can also specialize in a specific area of occupational therapy by receiving certification from the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Virginia Beach, VA
The Virginia Beach metropolitan area employed over 460 occupational therapists and 110 occupational therapy assistants in 2013, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Virginia Beach occupational therapists earned an annual median wage of $75,240. Occupational therapy assistants earned an annual median wage of $54,160, according the Bureau. For occupational therapists, salaries ranged from $50,280 to $100,110 per year, including the Bureau’s 10th through 90th percentiles. Occupational therapy assistants earned salaries ranging from $28,510 to $73,040 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Virginia
Educational programs in Virginia include Jefferson College of Health Sciences, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, James Madison University, Shenandoah University, Community College and Virginia Commonwealth University. Programs range from a certificate to a doctorate degree in occupational therapy.