Occupational therapy is a discipline in the health care field that helps individuals regain some, if not all of their mobility, allowing them to function more freely to accomplish daily tasks such as washing dishes, bathing, combing their hair and sometimes return to a completely normal life after injuries and illnesses. Occupational therapy also allows individuals who suffer from mental disabilities to learn cognitive skills to become more independent, relying less on others to assist them in their day-to-day routine.
List of Elite Programs in Virginia Beach, VA
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Find an Accredited Occupational Therapy School in Virginia Beach, VA
The Virginia Board of Medicine’s Occupational Therapy Advisory Board oversees the requirements, education and licensing for occupational therapy careers, such as occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and aides. The Board requires attending an educational program approved by the Board. Virginia has seven programs throughout the state for those interested in careers related to occupational therapy.
While some occupational therapy occupations require a degree, occupational therapy aides generally only require occupational therapy certificate. Some of these programs can be done online or through community colleges. Other certifications highly recommended for occupational therapy aides include CPR or BLS (basic life support) certification. Occupational therapists and assistants can also specialize in a specific area of occupational therapy by receiving certification from the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Virginia Beach, VA
The Virginia Beach metropolitan area employed over 460 occupational therapists and 110 occupational therapy assistants in 2013, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Virginia Beach occupational therapists earned an annual median wage of $75,240. Occupational therapy assistants earned an annual median wage of $54,160, according the Bureau. For occupational therapists, salaries ranged from $50,280 to $100,110 per year, including the Bureau’s 10th through 90th percentiles. Occupational therapy assistants earned salaries ranging from $28,510 to $73,040 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Virginia
Educational programs in Virginia include Jefferson College of Health Sciences, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, James Madison University, Shenandoah University, Community College and Virginia Commonwealth University. Programs range from a certificate to a doctorate degree in occupational therapy.