Occupational therapy is a discipline in the health care field that helps individuals regain some, if not all of their mobility, allowing them to function more freely to accomplish daily tasks such as washing dishes, bathing, combing their hair and sometimes return to a completely normal life after injuries and illnesses. Occupational therapy also allows individuals who suffer from mental disabilities to learn cognitive skills to become more independent, relying less on others to assist them in their day-to-day routine.
List of Elite Programs in Virginia Beach, VA
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find an Accredited Occupational Therapy School in Virginia Beach, VA
The Virginia Board of Medicine’s Occupational Therapy Advisory Board oversees the requirements, education and licensing for occupational therapy careers, such as occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and aides. The Board requires attending an educational program approved by the Board. Virginia has seven programs throughout the state for those interested in careers related to occupational therapy.
While some occupational therapy occupations require a degree, occupational therapy aides generally only require occupational therapy certificate. Some of these programs can be done online or through community colleges. Other certifications highly recommended for occupational therapy aides include CPR or BLS (basic life support) certification. Occupational therapists and assistants can also specialize in a specific area of occupational therapy by receiving certification from the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Virginia Beach, VA
The Virginia Beach metropolitan area employed over 460 occupational therapists and 110 occupational therapy assistants in 2013, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Virginia Beach occupational therapists earned an annual median wage of $75,240. Occupational therapy assistants earned an annual median wage of $54,160, according the Bureau. For occupational therapists, salaries ranged from $50,280 to $100,110 per year, including the Bureau’s 10th through 90th percentiles. Occupational therapy assistants earned salaries ranging from $28,510 to $73,040 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Virginia
Educational programs in Virginia include Jefferson College of Health Sciences, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, James Madison University, Shenandoah University, Community College and Virginia Commonwealth University. Programs range from a certificate to a doctorate degree in occupational therapy.