Occupational therapy is a discipline in the health care field that helps individuals regain some, if not all of their mobility, allowing them to function more freely to accomplish daily tasks such as washing dishes, bathing, combing their hair and sometimes return to a completely normal life after injuries and illnesses. Occupational therapy also allows individuals who suffer from mental disabilities to learn cognitive skills to become more independent, relying less on others to assist them in their day-to-day routine.
List of Elite Programs in Virginia Beach, VA
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Find an Accredited Occupational Therapy School in Virginia Beach, VA
The Virginia Board of Medicine’s Occupational Therapy Advisory Board oversees the requirements, education and licensing for occupational therapy careers, such as occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and aides. The Board requires attending an educational program approved by the Board. Virginia has seven programs throughout the state for those interested in careers related to occupational therapy.
While some occupational therapy occupations require a degree, occupational therapy aides generally only require occupational therapy certificate. Some of these programs can be done online or through community colleges. Other certifications highly recommended for occupational therapy aides include CPR or BLS (basic life support) certification. Occupational therapists and assistants can also specialize in a specific area of occupational therapy by receiving certification from the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Virginia Beach, VA
The Virginia Beach metropolitan area employed over 460 occupational therapists and 110 occupational therapy assistants in 2013, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Virginia Beach occupational therapists earned an annual median wage of $75,240. Occupational therapy assistants earned an annual median wage of $54,160, according the Bureau. For occupational therapists, salaries ranged from $50,280 to $100,110 per year, including the Bureau’s 10th through 90th percentiles. Occupational therapy assistants earned salaries ranging from $28,510 to $73,040 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Virginia
Educational programs in Virginia include Jefferson College of Health Sciences, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, James Madison University, Shenandoah University, Community College and Virginia Commonwealth University. Programs range from a certificate to a doctorate degree in occupational therapy.