When it’s time for Vermont residents such as yourself to select an occupational therapy school, there are a plethora of things you need to be aware of. In addition to learning as much as possible regarding the different courses and degrees offered by various occupational therapy colleges, you should be cognizant of other issues such as how much you can expect to earn annually as well as which schools are available in your local area. By reading the guide that appears below, you can obtain answers to these and other pertinent questions:
List of Elite Programs in Vermont
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling
- And more...
Vermont residents who are serious about getting a high quality education that prepares them to work in the occupational therapy sector should note that attending an accredited institution is quite important. Institutions that have attained accreditation go through a strict evaluative process which ensures that the classes they offer are conducive to learning and professional success. After you’ve located an ideal, accredited learning institution, it’s important that you do extensive background information on the college to determine whether it’s truly right for you. Be sure to juxtapose the courses and general campus life of several learning facilities before you make your final decision.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Vermont
To work as an occupational therapist in Vermont, you must conform to the criteria and guidelines administered by the state. First, you need to obtain your bachelor’s or master’s degree in occupational therapy. You’ll also need to successfully complete a minimum of 24 weeks of work under the supervision of a licensed OT. You can also complete this requirement through an internship. Vermont residents are also required to take and pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Vermont
Learning about expected salary rates is very important when you’re determining whether you want to become an occupational therapist. According to Indeed.com, Vermont-based occupational therapists will typically garner $76,000 each year. If you opt to work as an occupational therapy assistant, you can bring in $53,000. Also be cognizant of the fact that participation in and successful completion of ongoing training can help you earn a higher salary.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Vermont
There are a plethora of occupational therapy colleges in Vermont that you can enroll in. Some of them are:
- Castleton State College
- Johnson State College
- Lyndon State College
- Southern Vermont College