An occupational therapist helps treat injured and disabled individuals by guiding them through everyday activities. They help patients recover skills that allow them to perform regular activities of daily living and re-gain their independence. Occupational therapists work in hospitals, nursing homes and physician’s offices. The job is not a desk job- most therapists spend long hours on their feet and may have to lift or support patients.
List of Elite Programs in Utah
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
In order to work as an occupational therapist in Utah, first you must graduate from an accredited school with a Master’s degree in occupational therapy. Next, you have to complete six months of clinical practice under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist. After completing your clinical practice, you need to pass an exam offered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy in order to become a certified occupational therapist. The final step is to become licensed to work in Utah. The licensing process is straightforward and involves simply demonstrating that you have completed all of the above steps satisfactorily. An application needs to be submitted and a small fee paid. A criminal background check is part of the licensing process.
How to Find an Accredited School in Utah
Finding an accredited school in Utah is easy- there is only one. The University of Utah, located near Salt Lake City, is the only school in the state of Utah that offers the necessary educational requirements for becoming an occupational therapist.
The college courses included in an occupational therapy program cover such as areas as anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics and principles of occupational therapy methods.
Who Offers Certification in Utah?
Certification in occupational therapy is regulated by a national agency, the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. Utah requires a 70% or greater score on the certification exam in order to become licensed.
What is a Typical Salary for an Occupational Therapist in Utah?
The median salary for an occupational therapist in 2010 was $72,320, which works out to about $35 per hour.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Utah
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City