An occupational therapist helps treat injured and disabled individuals by guiding them through everyday activities. They help patients recover skills that allow them to perform regular activities of daily living and re-gain their independence. Occupational therapists work in hospitals, nursing homes and physician’s offices. The job is not a desk job- most therapists spend long hours on their feet and may have to lift or support patients.
List of Elite Programs in Utah
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
In order to work as an occupational therapist in Utah, first you must graduate from an accredited school with a Master’s degree in occupational therapy. Next, you have to complete six months of clinical practice under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist. After completing your clinical practice, you need to pass an exam offered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy in order to become a certified occupational therapist. The final step is to become licensed to work in Utah. The licensing process is straightforward and involves simply demonstrating that you have completed all of the above steps satisfactorily. An application needs to be submitted and a small fee paid. A criminal background check is part of the licensing process.
How to Find an Accredited School in Utah
Finding an accredited school in Utah is easy- there is only one. The University of Utah, located near Salt Lake City, is the only school in the state of Utah that offers the necessary educational requirements for becoming an occupational therapist.
The college courses included in an occupational therapy program cover such as areas as anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics and principles of occupational therapy methods.
Who Offers Certification in Utah?
Certification in occupational therapy is regulated by a national agency, the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. Utah requires a 70% or greater score on the certification exam in order to become licensed.
What is a Typical Salary for an Occupational Therapist in Utah?
The median salary for an occupational therapist in 2010 was $72,320, which works out to about $35 per hour.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Utah
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City