An occupational therapist helps treat injured and disabled individuals by guiding them through everyday activities. They help patients recover skills that allow them to perform regular activities of daily living and re-gain their independence. Occupational therapists work in hospitals, nursing homes and physician’s offices. The job is not a desk job- most therapists spend long hours on their feet and may have to lift or support patients.
List of Elite Programs in Utah
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
In order to work as an occupational therapist in Utah, first you must graduate from an accredited school with a Master’s degree in occupational therapy. Next, you have to complete six months of clinical practice under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist. After completing your clinical practice, you need to pass an exam offered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy in order to become a certified occupational therapist. The final step is to become licensed to work in Utah. The licensing process is straightforward and involves simply demonstrating that you have completed all of the above steps satisfactorily. An application needs to be submitted and a small fee paid. A criminal background check is part of the licensing process.
How to Find an Accredited School in Utah
Finding an accredited school in Utah is easy- there is only one. The University of Utah, located near Salt Lake City, is the only school in the state of Utah that offers the necessary educational requirements for becoming an occupational therapist.
The college courses included in an occupational therapy program cover such as areas as anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics and principles of occupational therapy methods.
Who Offers Certification in Utah?
Certification in occupational therapy is regulated by a national agency, the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. Utah requires a 70% or greater score on the certification exam in order to become licensed.
What is a Typical Salary for an Occupational Therapist in Utah?
The median salary for an occupational therapist in 2010 was $72,320, which works out to about $35 per hour.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Utah
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City