Anyone interested in beginning a new health care career should contact the Oklahoma Occupational Therapy Association. This website informs the public about how to become an occupational therapist in the state of Oklahoma. There is a career center at this website for prospective students to learn where accredited schools are located along with the state’s testing requirements to receive certification. Anyone can join as a member to support the association to receive timely updates about occupational therapy in Oklahoma. Students enrolling in occupational therapy programs should also contact the Oklahoma Occupational Therapists Committee to understand the regulation process for new and current therapists.
List of Elite Programs in Tulsa, OK
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The Oklahoma Medical Board regulates health care workers in the state, including occupational therapists. After completing a master’s degree in occupational therapy program in Oklahoma, students must receive a satisfactory score on a test in order to receive their license. The Oklahoma Medical Board maintains a list of all health care personnel in the state to protect potential employers and patients from unlicensed workers. Current occupational therapists can also learn about continuing education courses that are necessary to renew their licenses periodically. Forms are available at this medical board’s website to help health care workers register in the state of Oklahoma.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Tulsa
Occupational therapists earn approximately $80,000 per year in Tulsa working full-time in a traditional workweek. This average salary calculation of over $38 an hour includes new and experienced workers. New graduates receive significantly less money per hour, but pay increases each year. Educational institutions pay the least money while hospitals offer a higher pay scale. Occupational therapists also enjoy an assortment of benefits such as medical insurance and vacation days.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Tulsa
The state of Oklahoma requires a master’s degree in occupational therapy to receive licensure. Individuals can enroll in two colleges in Tulsa that offer training in this career. The University of Tulsa and University of Oklahoma offer courses in occupational therapy along with practical experiences working with patients at nearby hospitals, schools and rehabilitation centers. Traditional brick-and-mortar lecture and laboratory classes teach students about human biology and anatomy. Students are taught by knowledgeable professors or licensed physical therapists at both universities. Any health care educational program is selective, requiring students to have prerequisite classes.