Anyone interested in beginning a new health care career should contact the Oklahoma Occupational Therapy Association. This website informs the public about how to become an occupational therapist in the state of Oklahoma. There is a career center at this website for prospective students to learn where accredited schools are located along with the state’s testing requirements to receive certification. Anyone can join as a member to support the association to receive timely updates about occupational therapy in Oklahoma. Students enrolling in occupational therapy programs should also contact the Oklahoma Occupational Therapists Committee to understand the regulation process for new and current therapists.
List of Elite Programs in Tulsa, OK
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
The Oklahoma Medical Board regulates health care workers in the state, including occupational therapists. After completing a master’s degree in occupational therapy program in Oklahoma, students must receive a satisfactory score on a test in order to receive their license. The Oklahoma Medical Board maintains a list of all health care personnel in the state to protect potential employers and patients from unlicensed workers. Current occupational therapists can also learn about continuing education courses that are necessary to renew their licenses periodically. Forms are available at this medical board’s website to help health care workers register in the state of Oklahoma.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Tulsa
Occupational therapists earn approximately $80,000 per year in Tulsa working full-time in a traditional workweek. This average salary calculation of over $38 an hour includes new and experienced workers. New graduates receive significantly less money per hour, but pay increases each year. Educational institutions pay the least money while hospitals offer a higher pay scale. Occupational therapists also enjoy an assortment of benefits such as medical insurance and vacation days.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Tulsa
The state of Oklahoma requires a master’s degree in occupational therapy to receive licensure. Individuals can enroll in two colleges in Tulsa that offer training in this career. The University of Tulsa and University of Oklahoma offer courses in occupational therapy along with practical experiences working with patients at nearby hospitals, schools and rehabilitation centers. Traditional brick-and-mortar lecture and laboratory classes teach students about human biology and anatomy. Students are taught by knowledgeable professors or licensed physical therapists at both universities. Any health care educational program is selective, requiring students to have prerequisite classes.