Anyone interested in beginning a new health care career should contact the Oklahoma Occupational Therapy Association. This website informs the public about how to become an occupational therapist in the state of Oklahoma. There is a career center at this website for prospective students to learn where accredited schools are located along with the state’s testing requirements to receive certification. Anyone can join as a member to support the association to receive timely updates about occupational therapy in Oklahoma. Students enrolling in occupational therapy programs should also contact the Oklahoma Occupational Therapists Committee to understand the regulation process for new and current therapists.
List of Elite Programs in Tulsa, OK
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
The Oklahoma Medical Board regulates health care workers in the state, including occupational therapists. After completing a master’s degree in occupational therapy program in Oklahoma, students must receive a satisfactory score on a test in order to receive their license. The Oklahoma Medical Board maintains a list of all health care personnel in the state to protect potential employers and patients from unlicensed workers. Current occupational therapists can also learn about continuing education courses that are necessary to renew their licenses periodically. Forms are available at this medical board’s website to help health care workers register in the state of Oklahoma.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Tulsa
Occupational therapists earn approximately $80,000 per year in Tulsa working full-time in a traditional workweek. This average salary calculation of over $38 an hour includes new and experienced workers. New graduates receive significantly less money per hour, but pay increases each year. Educational institutions pay the least money while hospitals offer a higher pay scale. Occupational therapists also enjoy an assortment of benefits such as medical insurance and vacation days.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Tulsa
The state of Oklahoma requires a master’s degree in occupational therapy to receive licensure. Individuals can enroll in two colleges in Tulsa that offer training in this career. The University of Tulsa and University of Oklahoma offer courses in occupational therapy along with practical experiences working with patients at nearby hospitals, schools and rehabilitation centers. Traditional brick-and-mortar lecture and laboratory classes teach students about human biology and anatomy. Students are taught by knowledgeable professors or licensed physical therapists at both universities. Any health care educational program is selective, requiring students to have prerequisite classes.