Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants play a critical role to those who suffer from debilitating injuries, illnesses and disabilities. They assist patients to improve their motor skills, care for themselves or become an active member of society by finding employment. Occupational therapists use a variety of techniques such as exercise, memory games and specialized activities to improve motor skills and bodily functions. They work with a variety of other health care and rehabilitation specialists to plan the recovery of basic skills many of us take for granted.
List of Elite Programs in Tucson, AZ
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
Find an Accredited Occupational Therapy School in Tucson, AZ
The Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners requires obtaining a master’s degree from an accredited educational program to become an occupational therapist. Occupational therapy assistants must obtain an associate’s degree. The Board requires submitting an application, two professional recommendations, proof of Arizona state citizenship, and submitting to a fingerprint examination for a criminal background check. Three schools are accredited in Arizona; two schools provide a master’s degree to become an occupational therapist and one offers an associate’s degree to become an occupational therapy assistant.
Occupational therapy professionals can become certified in specialty areas of occupational therapy. Although optional, these credentials may increase employment opportunities and allow you to specialize within a specific patient population, disease or illness. Specialty areas can include geriatrics, mental health, children and physical rehabilitation. Some of these credentials further specialize in specific types of therapy, such as eating and swallowing, working in school systems, and advanced motor skills.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Tucson, AZ
Occupational therapist jobs are likely to increase about 29 percent through 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Many health care-related occupations, including occupational therapists and assistants, will increase during that time frame based on U.S. Census Bureau reports, showing a large amount of the population aging during that timeframe, requiring more advanced therapy and recovery. Many of those retiring move to states such as Florida and Arizona, to avoid the cold climates and enjoy warm temperatures throughout most the year. This can increase the potential need for occupational therapy professionals in Arizona. The average salary for occupational therapists in Tucson, AZ was $77,850 or $37.43 per hour in 2013. The average salary for occupational therapy assistants was $53,700 per year or $25.82 per hour, according to the Bureau.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arizona
Accredited programs that offer a master’s degree in occupational therapy include the Arizona Institute of Health Sciences in Mesa, and Midwestern University in Glendale. The Pima Medical Institute in Glendale offers an associate’s degree to become an occupational therapy assistant.