Deciding which vocational path to follow is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. This is so for numerous reasons, including the fact that selecting a viable career path is oftentimes the key to socioeconomic mobility and personal happiness. With that idea in mind, Texas residents who have chosen to work within the occupational therapy sector need to gather pertinent, current information regarding how to become an occupational therapist. To gain more information regarding educational and licensing requirements as well as how much money you can expect to earn as a Texas-based occupational therapist, review the data provided below:
List of Elite Programs in Texas
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Aspiring occupational therapists who reside in Texas should be sure to select an occupational therapy program that is accredited. Once you have identified a learning institution that has conformed to this requirement, call the school and request to speak with an admissions representative or student advisor who can provide you detailed information regarding the school. After researching several schools, you should be able to critically examine all of the pertinent information and subsequently make an informed decision regarding which college you should attend.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Texas
There are several steps you must follow in order to gain occupational therapist certification in the state of Texas. First, you need to obtain a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of occupational therapy from a school that has obtained certification from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) or an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA.) You must also complete a minimum of 6 months of work-related experience through an internship or under the instruction of a licensed occupational therapist. You are also required to pass the Texas Jurisprudence Examination and the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Texas
An occupational therapist who works in the state of Texas will typically earn about $84,000 each year. At the same time, an occupational therapy assistant who resides in the state can expect to bring in about $58,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Texas
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Texas you can attend. They include:
- Amarillo College
- Baylor University
- Lubbock Christian University
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Texas Woman’s University
- The University of Texas at El Paso
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio