Deciding which vocational path to follow is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. This is so for numerous reasons, including the fact that selecting a viable career path is oftentimes the key to socioeconomic mobility and personal happiness. With that idea in mind, Texas residents who have chosen to work within the occupational therapy sector need to gather pertinent, current information regarding how to become an occupational therapist. To gain more information regarding educational and licensing requirements as well as how much money you can expect to earn as a Texas-based occupational therapist, review the data provided below:
List of Elite Programs in Texas
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Aspiring occupational therapists who reside in Texas should be sure to select an occupational therapy program that is accredited. Once you have identified a learning institution that has conformed to this requirement, call the school and request to speak with an admissions representative or student advisor who can provide you detailed information regarding the school. After researching several schools, you should be able to critically examine all of the pertinent information and subsequently make an informed decision regarding which college you should attend.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Texas
There are several steps you must follow in order to gain occupational therapist certification in the state of Texas. First, you need to obtain a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of occupational therapy from a school that has obtained certification from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) or an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA.) You must also complete a minimum of 6 months of work-related experience through an internship or under the instruction of a licensed occupational therapist. You are also required to pass the Texas Jurisprudence Examination and the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Texas
An occupational therapist who works in the state of Texas will typically earn about $84,000 each year. At the same time, an occupational therapy assistant who resides in the state can expect to bring in about $58,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Texas
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Texas you can attend. They include:
- Amarillo College
- Baylor University
- Lubbock Christian University
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Texas Woman’s University
- The University of Texas at El Paso
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio