Deciding which vocational path to follow is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. This is so for numerous reasons, including the fact that selecting a viable career path is oftentimes the key to socioeconomic mobility and personal happiness. With that idea in mind, Texas residents who have chosen to work within the occupational therapy sector need to gather pertinent, current information regarding how to become an occupational therapist. To gain more information regarding educational and licensing requirements as well as how much money you can expect to earn as a Texas-based occupational therapist, review the data provided below:
List of Elite Programs in Texas
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Aspiring occupational therapists who reside in Texas should be sure to select an occupational therapy program that is accredited. Once you have identified a learning institution that has conformed to this requirement, call the school and request to speak with an admissions representative or student advisor who can provide you detailed information regarding the school. After researching several schools, you should be able to critically examine all of the pertinent information and subsequently make an informed decision regarding which college you should attend.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Texas
There are several steps you must follow in order to gain occupational therapist certification in the state of Texas. First, you need to obtain a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of occupational therapy from a school that has obtained certification from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) or an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA.) You must also complete a minimum of 6 months of work-related experience through an internship or under the instruction of a licensed occupational therapist. You are also required to pass the Texas Jurisprudence Examination and the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Texas
An occupational therapist who works in the state of Texas will typically earn about $84,000 each year. At the same time, an occupational therapy assistant who resides in the state can expect to bring in about $58,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Texas
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Texas you can attend. They include:
- Amarillo College
- Baylor University
- Lubbock Christian University
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Texas Woman’s University
- The University of Texas at El Paso
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio