In order to lead a rewarding, dynamic life, it’s important that you select an occupation that is fitting in terms of your personality, proclivities, and professional goals. If you’re a Tennessee resident who has already realized that a career in occupational therapy will be advantageous and ideal for you, the next course of action will be to gain as much information as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. By reading the brief article found below, you can learn about pertinent issues such as how to select the right occupational therapy program, what your certification and licensure requirements are, and how much you can expect to make once you begin working in the field.
List of Elite Programs in Tennessee
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Accreditation is of immense importance when it comes to finding the perfect occupational therapy college. In short, colleges that attain accreditation have gone through a stringent review process to ensure that they conform to regional guidelines and are offering excellent courses. After you’ve found an accredited learning facility in your area, you should move forward by contacting one of the institution’s employees to learn about things such as campus life, how long it will take to graduate, payment plans for tuition, and other data. Once you’ve compiled this information from several institutions, you can decide which program is most appropriate for you.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Tennessee
To work as an occupational therapist in the state of Tennessee, you need to obtain a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from an approved learning institution. You must also complete a minimum of six months of work experience under the observation of a licensed OT or as a component of an internship. The state board will also require that you submit a substantive letter of recommendation indicating your good character. You’ll also need to take and pass the NBCOT OTR exam. Individuals who wish to renew their license will need to complete the state’s outlined 24 continuing competency hours.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Tennessee
Tennessee residents who want to work as occupational therapists should note that they’ll likely earn around $80,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Tennessee
There are several occupational therapy programs in the state of Tennessee that you can enroll in. Some of them include:
- Belmont University
- Milligan College
- Tennessee State University
- University of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee – Chattanooga