In order to lead a rewarding, dynamic life, it’s important that you select an occupation that is fitting in terms of your personality, proclivities, and professional goals. If you’re a Tennessee resident who has already realized that a career in occupational therapy will be advantageous and ideal for you, the next course of action will be to gain as much information as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. By reading the brief article found below, you can learn about pertinent issues such as how to select the right occupational therapy program, what your certification and licensure requirements are, and how much you can expect to make once you begin working in the field.
List of Elite Programs in Tennessee
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Accreditation is of immense importance when it comes to finding the perfect occupational therapy college. In short, colleges that attain accreditation have gone through a stringent review process to ensure that they conform to regional guidelines and are offering excellent courses. After you’ve found an accredited learning facility in your area, you should move forward by contacting one of the institution’s employees to learn about things such as campus life, how long it will take to graduate, payment plans for tuition, and other data. Once you’ve compiled this information from several institutions, you can decide which program is most appropriate for you.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Tennessee
To work as an occupational therapist in the state of Tennessee, you need to obtain a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from an approved learning institution. You must also complete a minimum of six months of work experience under the observation of a licensed OT or as a component of an internship. The state board will also require that you submit a substantive letter of recommendation indicating your good character. You’ll also need to take and pass the NBCOT OTR exam. Individuals who wish to renew their license will need to complete the state’s outlined 24 continuing competency hours.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Tennessee
Tennessee residents who want to work as occupational therapists should note that they’ll likely earn around $80,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Tennessee
There are several occupational therapy programs in the state of Tennessee that you can enroll in. Some of them include:
- Belmont University
- Milligan College
- Tennessee State University
- University of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee – Chattanooga