In order to lead a rewarding, dynamic life, it’s important that you select an occupation that is fitting in terms of your personality, proclivities, and professional goals. If you’re a Tennessee resident who has already realized that a career in occupational therapy will be advantageous and ideal for you, the next course of action will be to gain as much information as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. By reading the brief article found below, you can learn about pertinent issues such as how to select the right occupational therapy program, what your certification and licensure requirements are, and how much you can expect to make once you begin working in the field.
List of Elite Programs in Tennessee
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Accreditation is of immense importance when it comes to finding the perfect occupational therapy college. In short, colleges that attain accreditation have gone through a stringent review process to ensure that they conform to regional guidelines and are offering excellent courses. After you’ve found an accredited learning facility in your area, you should move forward by contacting one of the institution’s employees to learn about things such as campus life, how long it will take to graduate, payment plans for tuition, and other data. Once you’ve compiled this information from several institutions, you can decide which program is most appropriate for you.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Tennessee
To work as an occupational therapist in the state of Tennessee, you need to obtain a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from an approved learning institution. You must also complete a minimum of six months of work experience under the observation of a licensed OT or as a component of an internship. The state board will also require that you submit a substantive letter of recommendation indicating your good character. You’ll also need to take and pass the NBCOT OTR exam. Individuals who wish to renew their license will need to complete the state’s outlined 24 continuing competency hours.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Tennessee
Tennessee residents who want to work as occupational therapists should note that they’ll likely earn around $80,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Tennessee
There are several occupational therapy programs in the state of Tennessee that you can enroll in. Some of them include:
- Belmont University
- Milligan College
- Tennessee State University
- University of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee – Chattanooga