The University of South Dakota, which is located in Vermillion, is the only school in the state that offers a Master’s-Level Occupational Therapy program that has been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
List of Elite Programs in South Dakota
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
In order to work as an occupational therapist in the state of South Dakota, applicants are required to first receive a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a school with an occupational therapy program that has been accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Either during schooling or after, six months of work experience must be completed. After these requirements have been completed, applicants must provide proof that they are in good standing with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy and pass a background check. The last step required to apply for a license to practice as an occupational therapist in South Dakota is to receive a passing score on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. Once a licensed is received, 12 continuing competency hours must be completed in order to renew a license and continue working lawfully in South Dakota.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in South Dakota
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist working in South Dakota is about 25 percent below the national average. Occupational therapists in South Dakota receive an average of about $65,000 annual salary.
Occupational Therapy Programs in South Dakota
The occupational therapy program offered at the University of South Dakota is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Their program has 98 percent of their students pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam on the first try and 100 percent job placement. The program not only prepares students for the national exam, but also for entering the working world. The University of South Dakota’s occupational therapy program provides students with the classroom hours and work experience required to become a licensed occupational therapist and work in the state of South Dakota.
Occupational Training Centers in South Dakota
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|University of South Dakota|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|Vermillion||(605) 677-5000||414 East Clark Street|
Vermillion, SD 57069-2390