The University of South Dakota, which is located in Vermillion, is the only school in the state that offers a Master’s-Level Occupational Therapy program that has been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
List of Elite Programs in South Dakota
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
In order to work as an occupational therapist in the state of South Dakota, applicants are required to first receive a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a school with an occupational therapy program that has been accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Either during schooling or after, six months of work experience must be completed. After these requirements have been completed, applicants must provide proof that they are in good standing with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy and pass a background check. The last step required to apply for a license to practice as an occupational therapist in South Dakota is to receive a passing score on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. Once a licensed is received, 12 continuing competency hours must be completed in order to renew a license and continue working lawfully in South Dakota.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in South Dakota
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist working in South Dakota is about 25 percent below the national average. Occupational therapists in South Dakota receive an average of about $65,000 annual salary.
Occupational Therapy Programs in South Dakota
The occupational therapy program offered at the University of South Dakota is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Their program has 98 percent of their students pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam on the first try and 100 percent job placement. The program not only prepares students for the national exam, but also for entering the working world. The University of South Dakota’s occupational therapy program provides students with the classroom hours and work experience required to become a licensed occupational therapist and work in the state of South Dakota.
Occupational Training Centers in South Dakota
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|University of South Dakota|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|Vermillion||(605) 677-5000||414 East Clark Street|
Vermillion, SD 57069-2390