The University of South Dakota, which is located in Vermillion, is the only school in the state that offers a Master’s-Level Occupational Therapy program that has been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
List of Elite Programs in South Dakota
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
In order to work as an occupational therapist in the state of South Dakota, applicants are required to first receive a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a school with an occupational therapy program that has been accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Either during schooling or after, six months of work experience must be completed. After these requirements have been completed, applicants must provide proof that they are in good standing with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy and pass a background check. The last step required to apply for a license to practice as an occupational therapist in South Dakota is to receive a passing score on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. Once a licensed is received, 12 continuing competency hours must be completed in order to renew a license and continue working lawfully in South Dakota.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in South Dakota
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist working in South Dakota is about 25 percent below the national average. Occupational therapists in South Dakota receive an average of about $65,000 annual salary.
Occupational Therapy Programs in South Dakota
The occupational therapy program offered at the University of South Dakota is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Their program has 98 percent of their students pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam on the first try and 100 percent job placement. The program not only prepares students for the national exam, but also for entering the working world. The University of South Dakota’s occupational therapy program provides students with the classroom hours and work experience required to become a licensed occupational therapist and work in the state of South Dakota.
Occupational Training Centers in South Dakota
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|University of South Dakota|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|Vermillion||(605) 677-5000||414 East Clark Street|
Vermillion, SD 57069-2390