Occupational therapists rehabilitate patients, along with other health care professional, such as physicians, surgeons, speech and physical therapists. Through many specialized activities, an occupational therapist’s goal is to help patients gain or regain their ability to live active lives and perform work functions. This career can be very rewarding. If you’re interested in how to become a occupational therapist in South Carolina, the state has specific requirements, including obtaining a license.
List of Elite Programs in South Carolina
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (AS)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
The South Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy requires a master’s degree and to be registered, often referred to as licensed, to practice professionally. The Board also requires attending an occupational therapy school accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Occupational therapy training must also include 6 months of supervised work experience approved by the school. After successful completion of education and supervised field work, you become eligible to take the national examination administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists. Passing the examination allows you to apply for a license from the Board.
Occupational Therapy Certification in South Carolina
Occupational therapists can also obtain certification in specialized disciplines of the occupation, which can increase job opportunities. Some employers may require certification to work with different patient types, such as the elderly, small children and for school programs. The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy offers several certifications recognized by employers.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in South Carolina
Occupational therapy jobs will continue to grow through 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. About 1,350 occupational therapists were employed in South Carolina in 2013. In South Carolina, the average salary was $77,290 or $37.16 per hour in 2013.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in South Carolina
Only one school in South Carolina offer an accredited training program, which is the Medical University of South Carolina in Charlestown. For continuing education, the South Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy allows several types of continuing education, including occupational therapy classes online. Other approved continuing education courses include attending workshops, conferences and presenting information regarding occupational therapy to groups such as students, peers and the community.