Occupational therapists rehabilitate patients, along with other health care professional, such as physicians, surgeons, speech and physical therapists. Through many specialized activities, an occupational therapist’s goal is to help patients gain or regain their ability to live active lives and perform work functions. This career can be very rewarding. If you’re interested in how to become a occupational therapist in South Carolina, the state has specific requirements, including obtaining a license.
List of Elite Programs in South Carolina
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The South Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy requires a master’s degree and to be registered, often referred to as licensed, to practice professionally. The Board also requires attending an occupational therapy school accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Occupational therapy training must also include 6 months of supervised work experience approved by the school. After successful completion of education and supervised field work, you become eligible to take the national examination administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists. Passing the examination allows you to apply for a license from the Board.
Occupational Therapy Certification in South Carolina
Occupational therapists can also obtain certification in specialized disciplines of the occupation, which can increase job opportunities. Some employers may require certification to work with different patient types, such as the elderly, small children and for school programs. The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy offers several certifications recognized by employers.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in South Carolina
Occupational therapy jobs will continue to grow through 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. About 1,350 occupational therapists were employed in South Carolina in 2013. In South Carolina, the average salary was $77,290 or $37.16 per hour in 2013.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in South Carolina
Only one school in South Carolina offer an accredited training program, which is the Medical University of South Carolina in Charlestown. For continuing education, the South Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy allows several types of continuing education, including occupational therapy classes online. Other approved continuing education courses include attending workshops, conferences and presenting information regarding occupational therapy to groups such as students, peers and the community.