Those thinking about a medical career, should consider becoming an Occupational Therapist. This is a very rewarding career for the right individual to enter and earn a good salary. Of course, a lot depends on their skill and ability to advance in the career. Occupational Therapist work with patients in hospitals, schools, clinics, nursing homes, and medical offices across the country. They primarily work with patients that have disabilities. Want to know more? Here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Seattle,WA
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Seattle, WA
Get started by searching for an accredited school in Seattle, WA. There are learning facilities in the community. However, a large number of people might prefer training by taking Occupational Therapy classes online. Still, it is important to make sure that those learning institutions are fully accredited.
States have their own laws and rules governing getting certified in their state. This is certainly true in Seattle, WA too. Get started by acquiring a bachelor’s or master’s degree in this career field. Many in the field advance their career by taking an exam that certifies them. All Therapist must pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. The American Occupational Therapy Association also offers certifying opportunities.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Seattle, WA
Certainly, there are a number of factors that affect the salary in Seattle, WA or any other area in the country. For example, salary depends on level of education, facility, and other factors. However, the median salary for an individual in Seattle is $86,044. This is slightly higher than the median national salary that is $75, 400.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Seattle, WA
It should not be very surprising that a large number of people work in the occupation in Seattle. Many of those well-trained professionals received their medical schooling in the Seattle area. Some are at the bachelors level, while others are at the masters level. Here is a list of a few of the top educational facilities to consider:
- School of Occupational Therapy, University of Puget Sound
- Seattle Pacific University