Those thinking about a medical career, should consider becoming an Occupational Therapist. This is a very rewarding career for the right individual to enter and earn a good salary. Of course, a lot depends on their skill and ability to advance in the career. Occupational Therapist work with patients in hospitals, schools, clinics, nursing homes, and medical offices across the country. They primarily work with patients that have disabilities. Want to know more? Here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Seattle,WA
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Seattle, WA
Get started by searching for an accredited school in Seattle, WA. There are learning facilities in the community. However, a large number of people might prefer training by taking Occupational Therapy classes online. Still, it is important to make sure that those learning institutions are fully accredited.
States have their own laws and rules governing getting certified in their state. This is certainly true in Seattle, WA too. Get started by acquiring a bachelor’s or master’s degree in this career field. Many in the field advance their career by taking an exam that certifies them. All Therapist must pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. The American Occupational Therapy Association also offers certifying opportunities.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Seattle, WA
Certainly, there are a number of factors that affect the salary in Seattle, WA or any other area in the country. For example, salary depends on level of education, facility, and other factors. However, the median salary for an individual in Seattle is $86,044. This is slightly higher than the median national salary that is $75, 400.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Seattle, WA
It should not be very surprising that a large number of people work in the occupation in Seattle. Many of those well-trained professionals received their medical schooling in the Seattle area. Some are at the bachelors level, while others are at the masters level. Here is a list of a few of the top educational facilities to consider:
- School of Occupational Therapy, University of Puget Sound
- Seattle Pacific University