Those thinking about a medical career, should consider becoming an Occupational Therapist. This is a very rewarding career for the right individual to enter and earn a good salary. Of course, a lot depends on their skill and ability to advance in the career. Occupational Therapist work with patients in hospitals, schools, clinics, nursing homes, and medical offices across the country. They primarily work with patients that have disabilities. Want to know more? Here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Seattle,WA
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Seattle, WA
Get started by searching for an accredited school in Seattle, WA. There are learning facilities in the community. However, a large number of people might prefer training by taking Occupational Therapy classes online. Still, it is important to make sure that those learning institutions are fully accredited.
States have their own laws and rules governing getting certified in their state. This is certainly true in Seattle, WA too. Get started by acquiring a bachelor’s or master’s degree in this career field. Many in the field advance their career by taking an exam that certifies them. All Therapist must pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. The American Occupational Therapy Association also offers certifying opportunities.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Seattle, WA
Certainly, there are a number of factors that affect the salary in Seattle, WA or any other area in the country. For example, salary depends on level of education, facility, and other factors. However, the median salary for an individual in Seattle is $86,044. This is slightly higher than the median national salary that is $75, 400.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Seattle, WA
It should not be very surprising that a large number of people work in the occupation in Seattle. Many of those well-trained professionals received their medical schooling in the Seattle area. Some are at the bachelors level, while others are at the masters level. Here is a list of a few of the top educational facilities to consider:
- School of Occupational Therapy, University of Puget Sound
- Seattle Pacific University