If you live in San Jose, CA and have decided that you want to become an occupational therapist, your first step is to find educational classes and training programs in your area. To learn more about occupational therapy colleges and occupational therapy training in your area, be sure to review the brief guide found below:
List of Elite Programs in San Jose,CA
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Classes and Schools in San Jose, CA
Your first step in developing a rewarding career in the occupational therapy sector is to find an accredited learning institution where you will learn the basic principles indigenous to the field. Accomplishing this task is quite easy. Simply do a keyword search with a phrase like “Find accredited occupational therapy programs in San Jose CA” or “Find Occupational Therapy classes online.”
To gain certification to work as an occupational therapist in San Jose, you must take the exam provided by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. The exam can be taken over and over again until you pass, but you have to wait a minimum of 45 days before taking it again. To gain licensure in the state, you must do the following:
-Submit your signed application to the Board of Occupational Therapy
-Submit a Verification of Certification (from the NBCOT)
-Submit all qualifying education transcripts
-Complete a background check
-Pay the initial license fee
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Jose, CA
Indeed.com reports that an occupational therapist can expect to earn $122,000 annually. However, it’s important to note that a plethora of factors can affect your annual income. One such factor is your former job experience and the extent of your education. For example, individuals who have attained on going educational credits may be hired faster and earn raises faster than those who have not. Another factor that can determine your annual income is the employer. Different employers pay different amounts, so be cognizant of this fact when you start applying for jobs.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Jose, CA
There is one occupational therapy school in San Jose, CA:
San Jose State University