If you live in San Jose, CA and have decided that you want to become an occupational therapist, your first step is to find educational classes and training programs in your area. To learn more about occupational therapy colleges and occupational therapy training in your area, be sure to review the brief guide found below:
List of Elite Programs in San Jose,CA
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Substance Abuse
- Alcohol & Drug Counseling Studies
- Online Alcohol & Drug Counseling Studies
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
- Drug & Alcohol Treatment Specialist
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSEd: Mental Health Counseling
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Clinical Psychology
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Classes and Schools in San Jose, CA
Your first step in developing a rewarding career in the occupational therapy sector is to find an accredited learning institution where you will learn the basic principles indigenous to the field. Accomplishing this task is quite easy. Simply do a keyword search with a phrase like “Find accredited occupational therapy programs in San Jose CA” or “Find Occupational Therapy classes online.”
To gain certification to work as an occupational therapist in San Jose, you must take the exam provided by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. The exam can be taken over and over again until you pass, but you have to wait a minimum of 45 days before taking it again. To gain licensure in the state, you must do the following:
-Submit your signed application to the Board of Occupational Therapy
-Submit a Verification of Certification (from the NBCOT)
-Submit all qualifying education transcripts
-Complete a background check
-Pay the initial license fee
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Jose, CA
Indeed.com reports that an occupational therapist can expect to earn $122,000 annually. However, it’s important to note that a plethora of factors can affect your annual income. One such factor is your former job experience and the extent of your education. For example, individuals who have attained on going educational credits may be hired faster and earn raises faster than those who have not. Another factor that can determine your annual income is the employer. Different employers pay different amounts, so be cognizant of this fact when you start applying for jobs.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Jose, CA
There is one occupational therapy school in San Jose, CA:
San Jose State University