There are a lot of opportunities available for a licensed Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, California. Below, one will be able to find out all the information that they need in order to start pursing a career within this area if they live in this area.
List of Elite Programs in San Francisco,CA
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Master of Science in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Science in Kinesiology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are not any accredited schools within the San Francisco city that provide occupational therapy classes, but there are two that are within a short driving distance from the city. The two closest accredited schools that provide these types of classes are Samuel Merritt University and Dominican University of California. Both of these schools are wonderful choices, but ultimately it depends on which school is a closer and more convenient location for the student.
In order to practice as an Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, one has to be licensed by the California Board of Occupational Therapy. They have a strict guideline of who can practice within the state, including the city of San Francisco. The requirements vary depending on if one wishes to be an occupational therapy assistant or a registered occupational therapist with their own practice. However, regardless of what sort of certification one wishes, they must go through this board in order to practice legally.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Francisco, California
The average salary for an occupational therapist within the city of San Francisco is slightly higher than the average of other professional salaries. On average, a starting out licensed occupational therapist can make around $59,000 a year starting out. However, this is just an average. There are a lot of variables that are factored into a salary like degree, location, and credibility.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are three different certificates or degrees that one can obtain while going to an accredited school near San Francisco, California. The three types of degrees that students can choose from are the follow:
- An Occupational Therapy Certificate
- An Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- A Bachelors Degree in Occupational Therapy
The type of certificate or degree that one can obtain is entirely based on what is offered at the students individual school. Therefore, students should make sure that the school they are thinking of attending has the right type of program to fit their personal needs.