There are a lot of opportunities available for a licensed Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, California. Below, one will be able to find out all the information that they need in order to start pursing a career within this area if they live in this area.
List of Elite Programs in San Francisco,CA
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are not any accredited schools within the San Francisco city that provide occupational therapy classes, but there are two that are within a short driving distance from the city. The two closest accredited schools that provide these types of classes are Samuel Merritt University and Dominican University of California. Both of these schools are wonderful choices, but ultimately it depends on which school is a closer and more convenient location for the student.
In order to practice as an Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, one has to be licensed by the California Board of Occupational Therapy. They have a strict guideline of who can practice within the state, including the city of San Francisco. The requirements vary depending on if one wishes to be an occupational therapy assistant or a registered occupational therapist with their own practice. However, regardless of what sort of certification one wishes, they must go through this board in order to practice legally.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Francisco, California
The average salary for an occupational therapist within the city of San Francisco is slightly higher than the average of other professional salaries. On average, a starting out licensed occupational therapist can make around $59,000 a year starting out. However, this is just an average. There are a lot of variables that are factored into a salary like degree, location, and credibility.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are three different certificates or degrees that one can obtain while going to an accredited school near San Francisco, California. The three types of degrees that students can choose from are the follow:
- An Occupational Therapy Certificate
- An Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- A Bachelors Degree in Occupational Therapy
The type of certificate or degree that one can obtain is entirely based on what is offered at the students individual school. Therefore, students should make sure that the school they are thinking of attending has the right type of program to fit their personal needs.