There are a lot of opportunities available for a licensed Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, California. Below, one will be able to find out all the information that they need in order to start pursing a career within this area if they live in this area.
List of Elite Programs in San Francisco,CA
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are not any accredited schools within the San Francisco city that provide occupational therapy classes, but there are two that are within a short driving distance from the city. The two closest accredited schools that provide these types of classes are Samuel Merritt University and Dominican University of California. Both of these schools are wonderful choices, but ultimately it depends on which school is a closer and more convenient location for the student.
In order to practice as an Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, one has to be licensed by the California Board of Occupational Therapy. They have a strict guideline of who can practice within the state, including the city of San Francisco. The requirements vary depending on if one wishes to be an occupational therapy assistant or a registered occupational therapist with their own practice. However, regardless of what sort of certification one wishes, they must go through this board in order to practice legally.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Francisco, California
The average salary for an occupational therapist within the city of San Francisco is slightly higher than the average of other professional salaries. On average, a starting out licensed occupational therapist can make around $59,000 a year starting out. However, this is just an average. There are a lot of variables that are factored into a salary like degree, location, and credibility.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are three different certificates or degrees that one can obtain while going to an accredited school near San Francisco, California. The three types of degrees that students can choose from are the follow:
- An Occupational Therapy Certificate
- An Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- A Bachelors Degree in Occupational Therapy
The type of certificate or degree that one can obtain is entirely based on what is offered at the students individual school. Therefore, students should make sure that the school they are thinking of attending has the right type of program to fit their personal needs.