There are a lot of opportunities available for a licensed Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, California. Below, one will be able to find out all the information that they need in order to start pursing a career within this area if they live in this area.
List of Elite Programs in San Francisco,CA
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are not any accredited schools within the San Francisco city that provide occupational therapy classes, but there are two that are within a short driving distance from the city. The two closest accredited schools that provide these types of classes are Samuel Merritt University and Dominican University of California. Both of these schools are wonderful choices, but ultimately it depends on which school is a closer and more convenient location for the student.
In order to practice as an Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, one has to be licensed by the California Board of Occupational Therapy. They have a strict guideline of who can practice within the state, including the city of San Francisco. The requirements vary depending on if one wishes to be an occupational therapy assistant or a registered occupational therapist with their own practice. However, regardless of what sort of certification one wishes, they must go through this board in order to practice legally.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Francisco, California
The average salary for an occupational therapist within the city of San Francisco is slightly higher than the average of other professional salaries. On average, a starting out licensed occupational therapist can make around $59,000 a year starting out. However, this is just an average. There are a lot of variables that are factored into a salary like degree, location, and credibility.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are three different certificates or degrees that one can obtain while going to an accredited school near San Francisco, California. The three types of degrees that students can choose from are the follow:
- An Occupational Therapy Certificate
- An Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- A Bachelors Degree in Occupational Therapy
The type of certificate or degree that one can obtain is entirely based on what is offered at the students individual school. Therefore, students should make sure that the school they are thinking of attending has the right type of program to fit their personal needs.