There are a lot of opportunities available for a licensed Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, California. Below, one will be able to find out all the information that they need in order to start pursing a career within this area if they live in this area.
List of Elite Programs in San Francisco,CA
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are not any accredited schools within the San Francisco city that provide occupational therapy classes, but there are two that are within a short driving distance from the city. The two closest accredited schools that provide these types of classes are Samuel Merritt University and Dominican University of California. Both of these schools are wonderful choices, but ultimately it depends on which school is a closer and more convenient location for the student.
In order to practice as an Occupational Therapist within the city of San Francisco, one has to be licensed by the California Board of Occupational Therapy. They have a strict guideline of who can practice within the state, including the city of San Francisco. The requirements vary depending on if one wishes to be an occupational therapy assistant or a registered occupational therapist with their own practice. However, regardless of what sort of certification one wishes, they must go through this board in order to practice legally.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Francisco, California
The average salary for an occupational therapist within the city of San Francisco is slightly higher than the average of other professional salaries. On average, a starting out licensed occupational therapist can make around $59,000 a year starting out. However, this is just an average. There are a lot of variables that are factored into a salary like degree, location, and credibility.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Francisco, California
Currently, there are three different certificates or degrees that one can obtain while going to an accredited school near San Francisco, California. The three types of degrees that students can choose from are the follow:
- An Occupational Therapy Certificate
- An Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- A Bachelors Degree in Occupational Therapy
The type of certificate or degree that one can obtain is entirely based on what is offered at the students individual school. Therefore, students should make sure that the school they are thinking of attending has the right type of program to fit their personal needs.