The first thing you need to do when considering occupational therapy school is to find a selection of accredited institutions to compare. Accreditation is what makes the difference between easily finding secure employment and struggling to find work. This career is one of the fastest-growing occupations in the country, and the educational requirements are relatively easy to meet. You may not have to spend a full two years on an associate’s degree to meet the college credit requirements. If you already have credit, you may be able to apply it toward your goal.
List of Elite Programs in San Antonio
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Once you become certified to do this job, you will be able to help other people find the employment that best suits their abilities. This career is in growing demand from employers, and earning a license from an accredited school gives you the jump-start you need to begin making an above-average salary in a large city like San Antonio. There is more than enough work to go around in this city, and obtaining your certification is the next step toward employment and a steady source of income.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Antonio
Salaries in this profession are about average in San Antonio compared to the rest of the country. Workers in this career earn between $46,000 and $68,000 per year, on average, depending on their experience and number of hours worked. In the past, most work in this profession was offered as part-time employment, but in recent years, this occupation has been filled by full-time employees.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Antonio
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
This university is one of the top accredited universities in San Antonio offering occupational therapy classes. There is a four-year program offered here, but there is no two-year associate’s option. Students can save money by living on campus, and those who qualify can apply for financial aid.
- San Antonio College
This institution offers a four-year plan for occupational therapists, and tuition is moderate compared to other academic institutions. There is on-campus housing available, and financial aid is available to students with financial need.
- St. Philip’s College
St. Philip’s offers an excellent four-year plan with some of the top professors in the country. Job placement is extremely competitive, and tuition is reasonably moderate for the quality of the education.