The first thing you need to do when considering occupational therapy school is to find a selection of accredited institutions to compare. Accreditation is what makes the difference between easily finding secure employment and struggling to find work. This career is one of the fastest-growing occupations in the country, and the educational requirements are relatively easy to meet. You may not have to spend a full two years on an associate’s degree to meet the college credit requirements. If you already have credit, you may be able to apply it toward your goal.
List of Elite Programs in San Antonio
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Once you become certified to do this job, you will be able to help other people find the employment that best suits their abilities. This career is in growing demand from employers, and earning a license from an accredited school gives you the jump-start you need to begin making an above-average salary in a large city like San Antonio. There is more than enough work to go around in this city, and obtaining your certification is the next step toward employment and a steady source of income.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Antonio
Salaries in this profession are about average in San Antonio compared to the rest of the country. Workers in this career earn between $46,000 and $68,000 per year, on average, depending on their experience and number of hours worked. In the past, most work in this profession was offered as part-time employment, but in recent years, this occupation has been filled by full-time employees.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Antonio
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
This university is one of the top accredited universities in San Antonio offering occupational therapy classes. There is a four-year program offered here, but there is no two-year associate’s option. Students can save money by living on campus, and those who qualify can apply for financial aid.
- San Antonio College
This institution offers a four-year plan for occupational therapists, and tuition is moderate compared to other academic institutions. There is on-campus housing available, and financial aid is available to students with financial need.
- St. Philip’s College
St. Philip’s offers an excellent four-year plan with some of the top professors in the country. Job placement is extremely competitive, and tuition is reasonably moderate for the quality of the education.