The first thing you need to do when considering occupational therapy school is to find a selection of accredited institutions to compare. Accreditation is what makes the difference between easily finding secure employment and struggling to find work. This career is one of the fastest-growing occupations in the country, and the educational requirements are relatively easy to meet. You may not have to spend a full two years on an associate’s degree to meet the college credit requirements. If you already have credit, you may be able to apply it toward your goal.
List of Elite Programs in San Antonio
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Once you become certified to do this job, you will be able to help other people find the employment that best suits their abilities. This career is in growing demand from employers, and earning a license from an accredited school gives you the jump-start you need to begin making an above-average salary in a large city like San Antonio. There is more than enough work to go around in this city, and obtaining your certification is the next step toward employment and a steady source of income.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Antonio
Salaries in this profession are about average in San Antonio compared to the rest of the country. Workers in this career earn between $46,000 and $68,000 per year, on average, depending on their experience and number of hours worked. In the past, most work in this profession was offered as part-time employment, but in recent years, this occupation has been filled by full-time employees.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Antonio
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
This university is one of the top accredited universities in San Antonio offering occupational therapy classes. There is a four-year program offered here, but there is no two-year associate’s option. Students can save money by living on campus, and those who qualify can apply for financial aid.
- San Antonio College
This institution offers a four-year plan for occupational therapists, and tuition is moderate compared to other academic institutions. There is on-campus housing available, and financial aid is available to students with financial need.
- St. Philip’s College
St. Philip’s offers an excellent four-year plan with some of the top professors in the country. Job placement is extremely competitive, and tuition is reasonably moderate for the quality of the education.