The first thing you need to do when considering occupational therapy school is to find a selection of accredited institutions to compare. Accreditation is what makes the difference between easily finding secure employment and struggling to find work. This career is one of the fastest-growing occupations in the country, and the educational requirements are relatively easy to meet. You may not have to spend a full two years on an associate’s degree to meet the college credit requirements. If you already have credit, you may be able to apply it toward your goal.
List of Elite Programs in San Antonio
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Once you become certified to do this job, you will be able to help other people find the employment that best suits their abilities. This career is in growing demand from employers, and earning a license from an accredited school gives you the jump-start you need to begin making an above-average salary in a large city like San Antonio. There is more than enough work to go around in this city, and obtaining your certification is the next step toward employment and a steady source of income.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in San Antonio
Salaries in this profession are about average in San Antonio compared to the rest of the country. Workers in this career earn between $46,000 and $68,000 per year, on average, depending on their experience and number of hours worked. In the past, most work in this profession was offered as part-time employment, but in recent years, this occupation has been filled by full-time employees.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in San Antonio
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
This university is one of the top accredited universities in San Antonio offering occupational therapy classes. There is a four-year program offered here, but there is no two-year associate’s option. Students can save money by living on campus, and those who qualify can apply for financial aid.
- San Antonio College
This institution offers a four-year plan for occupational therapists, and tuition is moderate compared to other academic institutions. There is on-campus housing available, and financial aid is available to students with financial need.
- St. Philip’s College
St. Philip’s offers an excellent four-year plan with some of the top professors in the country. Job placement is extremely competitive, and tuition is reasonably moderate for the quality of the education.