Career opportunities in occupational therapy are growing quickly, particularly with newly expanded access to health care and the aging population of baby boomers. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that jobs for occupational therapists will expand 29 percent in the next 10 years, and positions for occupational therapy assistants will increase by 41 percent. Students interested in joining Sacramento’s 440 occupational therapists and 120 occupational therapy assistants must first enroll in an occupational therapy program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. A list of approved occupational therapy colleges with master’s degree and doctoral degree programs is available through the American Occupational Therapy Association.
List of Elite Programs in Sacrameto
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
To qualify for occupational therapy licenses in California, students need to take occupational therapy classes at an approved program, complete the relevant occupational therapy degree provisions, perform required occupational therapy training in the field and earn a passing score on the national occupational therapy test. The exam is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, or NBCOT. Once all of the educational and testing provisions are met, students can apply for a license through the State of California’s Board of Occupational Therapy.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Sacramento
From hospitals and physician offices to nursing homes and home health services, occupational therapists and assistants work in a variety of local settings. As of May 2013, Sacramento-area occupational therapists earned a mean wage of $74,540, with the top 10 percent earning $115, 260. The state mean salary is $89,620, and the national mean salary is $77,890. Occupational therapy assistants in the region earn a salary of $61,660, while the mean state salary is $66,020 and the national salary is $55,250.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in California
Private master’s degree occupational therapy schools include Samuel Merritt University, Dominican University, University of Southern California, Loma Linda University and University of St. Augusting for Health Sciences, California Campus. The only public occupational therapy university offering a master’s degree program is California State University, Dominguez Hills. For assistant-level education, students have the local occupational therapy college option of Sacramento City College. Elsewhere in the state, Grossmont and Santa Ana colleges are two community college options. Stanbridge College is the only private institution to offer occupational therapy courses for assistants.