One of the most important decisions an individual will make is which career field to enter. If you’re a Rhode Island resident who has already decided that pursuing a career in occupational therapy is important, it’s a prudent idea to go ahead and learn all about how to become an occupational therapist. Doing so will provide you with the information and insights necessary to move forward with confidence and understanding. Below you will find basic information regarding how to prepare for a personally and professionally rewarding career in this dynamic sector:
List of Elite Programs in Rhode Island
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
If you’re serious about excelling in the sphere of occupational therapy, you need to select a learning institution that is accredited. Selecting an accredited school is important for a plethora of reasons, one of which is that schools that go through the accreditation process have to meet several criteria which indicate that they operate in integrity and excellence while offering students contemporary, relevant classes that will be of practical value in the work world. Once you’ve found a Rhode Island-based occupational therapy program, you need to call the educational facility and get detailed information regarding the shape and scope of the courses offered there as well as other relevant data like the cost for enrollment and what campus life is like. Attaining this information will enable you to discern which occupational therapy college is most comparable to your personal needs and professional interests.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Rhode Island
Rhode Island residents who wish to become occupational therapists must follow the rules and regulations outlined by the state. This means that they must first earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field. They must also complete a minimum of 24 weeks of hands-on work under the supervision of a licensed OT or through an internship. Additionally, students must pass the NBCOT OTR exam and renew their license during the outlined license period by completing 20 continuing education hours.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Rhode Island
Indeed.com informs us that OTs employed in Rhode Island bring in an average annual income of $79,000. If you opt to become an OTA, you can expect to take home $54,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Rhode Island
Rhode Island is home to two accredited occupational therapy colleges:
- New England Institute of Technology
- Community College of Rhode Island