One of the most important decisions an individual will make is which career field to enter. If you’re a Rhode Island resident who has already decided that pursuing a career in occupational therapy is important, it’s a prudent idea to go ahead and learn all about how to become an occupational therapist. Doing so will provide you with the information and insights necessary to move forward with confidence and understanding. Below you will find basic information regarding how to prepare for a personally and professionally rewarding career in this dynamic sector:
List of Elite Programs in Rhode Island
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
If you’re serious about excelling in the sphere of occupational therapy, you need to select a learning institution that is accredited. Selecting an accredited school is important for a plethora of reasons, one of which is that schools that go through the accreditation process have to meet several criteria which indicate that they operate in integrity and excellence while offering students contemporary, relevant classes that will be of practical value in the work world. Once you’ve found a Rhode Island-based occupational therapy program, you need to call the educational facility and get detailed information regarding the shape and scope of the courses offered there as well as other relevant data like the cost for enrollment and what campus life is like. Attaining this information will enable you to discern which occupational therapy college is most comparable to your personal needs and professional interests.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Rhode Island
Rhode Island residents who wish to become occupational therapists must follow the rules and regulations outlined by the state. This means that they must first earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field. They must also complete a minimum of 24 weeks of hands-on work under the supervision of a licensed OT or through an internship. Additionally, students must pass the NBCOT OTR exam and renew their license during the outlined license period by completing 20 continuing education hours.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Rhode Island
Indeed.com informs us that OTs employed in Rhode Island bring in an average annual income of $79,000. If you opt to become an OTA, you can expect to take home $54,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Rhode Island
Rhode Island is home to two accredited occupational therapy colleges:
- New England Institute of Technology
- Community College of Rhode Island