If you are interesting in knowing how to become an occupational therapist in Raleigh, N.C., then find professional associations for this career. The North Carolina Occupational Therapy Association Inc. provides a website with information concerning this occupation. Members can find a list of the colleges in Raleigh that offer classes in occupational therapy and information about continuing education. Joining this association gives individuals a chance to meet with experienced people working in this health care job. Rehabilitation centers and hospitals also submit available jobs to this association’s website to assist recent graduates with finding employment.
List of Elite Programs in Raleigh, NC
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Occupational Therapy Certification in Raleigh, N.C.
The North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is responsible for regulating therapists to protect patients from unlicensed workers. After graduating from an accredited occupational therapy school, an individual is responsible for registering with this agency by providing their transcripts and paying licensing fees. The state investigates each applicant carefully to determine if they have acceptable scores on certification tests and have no criminal history. An applicant will receive a licensing document with a date that signifies when it requires renewal. The renewal process involves completing additional coursework occasionally to learn new occupational therapy practices.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy in Raleigh, N.C.
Occupational therapy is a lucrative career in Raleigh with therapists earning approximately $83,000 a year, leading to an hourly wage of nearly $40 an hour for full-time employees. Most therapists will work a standard workweek of 40 hours during the day with weekends off. Hospitals pay the highest hourly wage while educational institutions pay the least. New graduates earn the least but receive increases in pay each year. Employers offer many benefits to health care workers such as vacation time and medical insurance.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Raleigh, N.C.
Winston-Salem State University’s School of Heath Sciences offers an accredited master’s degree in occupational therapy. This selective program requires that students have a bachelor’s degree first with a high grade point average and an adequate score on the graduate record exam. Students are required to complete particular prerequisite classes such as medical terminology, statistics and human anatomy. Students must submit three recommendation forms, including one from an occupational therapy facility where the perspective student has worked or volunteered. All applications for this program are accepted once a year in January before the following autumn semester.