If you are interesting in knowing how to become an occupational therapist in Raleigh, N.C., then find professional associations for this career. The North Carolina Occupational Therapy Association Inc. provides a website with information concerning this occupation. Members can find a list of the colleges in Raleigh that offer classes in occupational therapy and information about continuing education. Joining this association gives individuals a chance to meet with experienced people working in this health care job. Rehabilitation centers and hospitals also submit available jobs to this association’s website to assist recent graduates with finding employment.
List of Elite Programs in Raleigh, NC
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Raleigh, N.C.
The North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is responsible for regulating therapists to protect patients from unlicensed workers. After graduating from an accredited occupational therapy school, an individual is responsible for registering with this agency by providing their transcripts and paying licensing fees. The state investigates each applicant carefully to determine if they have acceptable scores on certification tests and have no criminal history. An applicant will receive a licensing document with a date that signifies when it requires renewal. The renewal process involves completing additional coursework occasionally to learn new occupational therapy practices.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy in Raleigh, N.C.
Occupational therapy is a lucrative career in Raleigh with therapists earning approximately $83,000 a year, leading to an hourly wage of nearly $40 an hour for full-time employees. Most therapists will work a standard workweek of 40 hours during the day with weekends off. Hospitals pay the highest hourly wage while educational institutions pay the least. New graduates earn the least but receive increases in pay each year. Employers offer many benefits to health care workers such as vacation time and medical insurance.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Raleigh, N.C.
Winston-Salem State University’s School of Heath Sciences offers an accredited master’s degree in occupational therapy. This selective program requires that students have a bachelor’s degree first with a high grade point average and an adequate score on the graduate record exam. Students are required to complete particular prerequisite classes such as medical terminology, statistics and human anatomy. Students must submit three recommendation forms, including one from an occupational therapy facility where the perspective student has worked or volunteered. All applications for this program are accepted once a year in January before the following autumn semester.