If you are interesting in knowing how to become an occupational therapist in Raleigh, N.C., then find professional associations for this career. The North Carolina Occupational Therapy Association Inc. provides a website with information concerning this occupation. Members can find a list of the colleges in Raleigh that offer classes in occupational therapy and information about continuing education. Joining this association gives individuals a chance to meet with experienced people working in this health care job. Rehabilitation centers and hospitals also submit available jobs to this association’s website to assist recent graduates with finding employment.
List of Elite Programs in Raleigh, NC
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- And more...
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller- Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Raleigh, N.C.
The North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is responsible for regulating therapists to protect patients from unlicensed workers. After graduating from an accredited occupational therapy school, an individual is responsible for registering with this agency by providing their transcripts and paying licensing fees. The state investigates each applicant carefully to determine if they have acceptable scores on certification tests and have no criminal history. An applicant will receive a licensing document with a date that signifies when it requires renewal. The renewal process involves completing additional coursework occasionally to learn new occupational therapy practices.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy in Raleigh, N.C.
Occupational therapy is a lucrative career in Raleigh with therapists earning approximately $83,000 a year, leading to an hourly wage of nearly $40 an hour for full-time employees. Most therapists will work a standard workweek of 40 hours during the day with weekends off. Hospitals pay the highest hourly wage while educational institutions pay the least. New graduates earn the least but receive increases in pay each year. Employers offer many benefits to health care workers such as vacation time and medical insurance.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Raleigh, N.C.
Winston-Salem State University’s School of Heath Sciences offers an accredited master’s degree in occupational therapy. This selective program requires that students have a bachelor’s degree first with a high grade point average and an adequate score on the graduate record exam. Students are required to complete particular prerequisite classes such as medical terminology, statistics and human anatomy. Students must submit three recommendation forms, including one from an occupational therapy facility where the perspective student has worked or volunteered. All applications for this program are accepted once a year in January before the following autumn semester.