If you are interesting in knowing how to become an occupational therapist in Raleigh, N.C., then find professional associations for this career. The North Carolina Occupational Therapy Association Inc. provides a website with information concerning this occupation. Members can find a list of the colleges in Raleigh that offer classes in occupational therapy and information about continuing education. Joining this association gives individuals a chance to meet with experienced people working in this health care job. Rehabilitation centers and hospitals also submit available jobs to this association’s website to assist recent graduates with finding employment.
List of Elite Programs in Raleigh, NC
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Occupational Therapy Certification in Raleigh, N.C.
The North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is responsible for regulating therapists to protect patients from unlicensed workers. After graduating from an accredited occupational therapy school, an individual is responsible for registering with this agency by providing their transcripts and paying licensing fees. The state investigates each applicant carefully to determine if they have acceptable scores on certification tests and have no criminal history. An applicant will receive a licensing document with a date that signifies when it requires renewal. The renewal process involves completing additional coursework occasionally to learn new occupational therapy practices.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy in Raleigh, N.C.
Occupational therapy is a lucrative career in Raleigh with therapists earning approximately $83,000 a year, leading to an hourly wage of nearly $40 an hour for full-time employees. Most therapists will work a standard workweek of 40 hours during the day with weekends off. Hospitals pay the highest hourly wage while educational institutions pay the least. New graduates earn the least but receive increases in pay each year. Employers offer many benefits to health care workers such as vacation time and medical insurance.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Raleigh, N.C.
Winston-Salem State University’s School of Heath Sciences offers an accredited master’s degree in occupational therapy. This selective program requires that students have a bachelor’s degree first with a high grade point average and an adequate score on the graduate record exam. Students are required to complete particular prerequisite classes such as medical terminology, statistics and human anatomy. Students must submit three recommendation forms, including one from an occupational therapy facility where the perspective student has worked or volunteered. All applications for this program are accepted once a year in January before the following autumn semester.