If you are interesting in knowing how to become an occupational therapist in Raleigh, N.C., then find professional associations for this career. The North Carolina Occupational Therapy Association Inc. provides a website with information concerning this occupation. Members can find a list of the colleges in Raleigh that offer classes in occupational therapy and information about continuing education. Joining this association gives individuals a chance to meet with experienced people working in this health care job. Rehabilitation centers and hospitals also submit available jobs to this association’s website to assist recent graduates with finding employment.
List of Elite Programs in Raleigh, NC
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Occupational Therapy Certification in Raleigh, N.C.
The North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is responsible for regulating therapists to protect patients from unlicensed workers. After graduating from an accredited occupational therapy school, an individual is responsible for registering with this agency by providing their transcripts and paying licensing fees. The state investigates each applicant carefully to determine if they have acceptable scores on certification tests and have no criminal history. An applicant will receive a licensing document with a date that signifies when it requires renewal. The renewal process involves completing additional coursework occasionally to learn new occupational therapy practices.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy in Raleigh, N.C.
Occupational therapy is a lucrative career in Raleigh with therapists earning approximately $83,000 a year, leading to an hourly wage of nearly $40 an hour for full-time employees. Most therapists will work a standard workweek of 40 hours during the day with weekends off. Hospitals pay the highest hourly wage while educational institutions pay the least. New graduates earn the least but receive increases in pay each year. Employers offer many benefits to health care workers such as vacation time and medical insurance.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Raleigh, N.C.
Winston-Salem State University’s School of Heath Sciences offers an accredited master’s degree in occupational therapy. This selective program requires that students have a bachelor’s degree first with a high grade point average and an adequate score on the graduate record exam. Students are required to complete particular prerequisite classes such as medical terminology, statistics and human anatomy. Students must submit three recommendation forms, including one from an occupational therapy facility where the perspective student has worked or volunteered. All applications for this program are accepted once a year in January before the following autumn semester.