There is only one accredited school in Oregon that offers an occupational therapy program, Pacific University. This university is located in Hillsboro, Oregon, which is about 40 minutes away from Portland, and has a Master’s-level occupational therapy program as well as a doctoral-level occupational therapy program.
List of Elite Programs in Portland, OR
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
In order to practice as an occupation therapist in the state of Oregon, you must first receive your license. To do so, you must begin by receiving a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy from an accredited institute. You must also complete at least six months of work experience, which can be achieved through an internship with a licensed occupational therapist. Once these two requirements have been met and you pass a criminal background check, you must receive a passing score on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam. In order to maintain your license to practice as an occupational therapist in Oregon, it is required that you complete at least 30 hours of continuing education to qualify for license renewal.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Portland, OR
Licensed occupational therapists practicing in Portland, Oregon, receive an average annual salary of $84,000. This annual average salary is about 2 percent lower than the national average for occupational therapists.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oregon
The Master’s-level occupational therapy program offered at Pacific University is an entry-level program for students who have received a bachelor’s degree and completed the necessary prerequisite courses. The first two years of this program are spent on campus in classrooms. The following year is completed through distance learning, which includes fieldwork to gain the work experience required to receive national certification. This program prepares students to pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam as well as entering the work place as a licensed occupational therapist. Pacific University also offers a program to occupational therapists re-entering the work field after allowing their license to relapse. The university also has a dual-degree option for students wishing to receive a graduate certificate in gerontology.