There is only one accredited school in Oregon that offers an occupational therapy program, Pacific University. This university is located in Hillsboro, Oregon, which is about 40 minutes away from Portland, and has a Master’s-level occupational therapy program as well as a doctoral-level occupational therapy program.
List of Elite Programs in Portland, OR
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
In order to practice as an occupation therapist in the state of Oregon, you must first receive your license. To do so, you must begin by receiving a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy from an accredited institute. You must also complete at least six months of work experience, which can be achieved through an internship with a licensed occupational therapist. Once these two requirements have been met and you pass a criminal background check, you must receive a passing score on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam. In order to maintain your license to practice as an occupational therapist in Oregon, it is required that you complete at least 30 hours of continuing education to qualify for license renewal.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Portland, OR
Licensed occupational therapists practicing in Portland, Oregon, receive an average annual salary of $84,000. This annual average salary is about 2 percent lower than the national average for occupational therapists.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oregon
The Master’s-level occupational therapy program offered at Pacific University is an entry-level program for students who have received a bachelor’s degree and completed the necessary prerequisite courses. The first two years of this program are spent on campus in classrooms. The following year is completed through distance learning, which includes fieldwork to gain the work experience required to receive national certification. This program prepares students to pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam as well as entering the work place as a licensed occupational therapist. Pacific University also offers a program to occupational therapists re-entering the work field after allowing their license to relapse. The university also has a dual-degree option for students wishing to receive a graduate certificate in gerontology.