There is only one accredited school in Oregon that offers an occupational therapy program, Pacific University. This university is located in Hillsboro, Oregon, which is about 40 minutes away from Portland, and has a Master’s-level occupational therapy program as well as a doctoral-level occupational therapy program.
List of Elite Programs in Portland, OR
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Customize your coursework - select a concentration or specialization to best suit your individual and career goals.
- Learn from renowned faculty with real-world experience and expertise in their respective fields.
- Experience dynamic and engaging content through video conferencing and podcasts to engage in real-time conversation and learn to express ideas succinctly and confidently to a diverse group of peers.
- Receive robust, comprehensive career support services to help you define your career goals and leverage your new degree to the fullest.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling
- And more...
In order to practice as an occupation therapist in the state of Oregon, you must first receive your license. To do so, you must begin by receiving a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy from an accredited institute. You must also complete at least six months of work experience, which can be achieved through an internship with a licensed occupational therapist. Once these two requirements have been met and you pass a criminal background check, you must receive a passing score on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam. In order to maintain your license to practice as an occupational therapist in Oregon, it is required that you complete at least 30 hours of continuing education to qualify for license renewal.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Portland, OR
Licensed occupational therapists practicing in Portland, Oregon, receive an average annual salary of $84,000. This annual average salary is about 2 percent lower than the national average for occupational therapists.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oregon
The Master’s-level occupational therapy program offered at Pacific University is an entry-level program for students who have received a bachelor’s degree and completed the necessary prerequisite courses. The first two years of this program are spent on campus in classrooms. The following year is completed through distance learning, which includes fieldwork to gain the work experience required to receive national certification. This program prepares students to pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam as well as entering the work place as a licensed occupational therapist. Pacific University also offers a program to occupational therapists re-entering the work field after allowing their license to relapse. The university also has a dual-degree option for students wishing to receive a graduate certificate in gerontology.