There is only one accredited school in Oregon that offers an occupational therapy program, Pacific University. This university is located in Hillsboro, Oregon, which is about 40 minutes away from Portland, and has a Master’s-level occupational therapy program as well as a doctoral-level occupational therapy program.
List of Elite Programs in Portland, OR
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
In order to practice as an occupation therapist in the state of Oregon, you must first receive your license. To do so, you must begin by receiving a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy from an accredited institute. You must also complete at least six months of work experience, which can be achieved through an internship with a licensed occupational therapist. Once these two requirements have been met and you pass a criminal background check, you must receive a passing score on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam. In order to maintain your license to practice as an occupational therapist in Oregon, it is required that you complete at least 30 hours of continuing education to qualify for license renewal.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Portland, OR
Licensed occupational therapists practicing in Portland, Oregon, receive an average annual salary of $84,000. This annual average salary is about 2 percent lower than the national average for occupational therapists.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oregon
The Master’s-level occupational therapy program offered at Pacific University is an entry-level program for students who have received a bachelor’s degree and completed the necessary prerequisite courses. The first two years of this program are spent on campus in classrooms. The following year is completed through distance learning, which includes fieldwork to gain the work experience required to receive national certification. This program prepares students to pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam as well as entering the work place as a licensed occupational therapist. Pacific University also offers a program to occupational therapists re-entering the work field after allowing their license to relapse. The university also has a dual-degree option for students wishing to receive a graduate certificate in gerontology.