Occupational therapy is considered an important profession in the health care field that helps people perform their jobs better. Challenging training, internships, and special courses need to be taken before someone can become an Occupational Therapist. The options for schooling in Phoenix that will lead to a Master’s in Occupational Therapy are fairly limited, but there some accredited colleges offering this degree. Phoenix colleges that provide Occupational Therapy programs will provide coursework and follow the guidelines necessary to be considered an accredited university.
List of Elite Programs in Phoenix
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
The city of Phoenix and the surrounding area has a few accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. The names of these schools are Brown Mackie (Tucson, Phoenix), Pima Medical Institute (Mesa, Tucson), and Midwestern University.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Phoenix
Potential occupational therapy students looking to earn certification in Phoenix will first need to earn a bachelor’s degree. This is usually focused on something in the healthcare area. The second step in the process is to apply and be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After getting a master’s, it is time to take the difficult NBCOT exam. After passing this, you may then apply for an occupational therapist license to work as an Occupational Therapist. This academic path takes approximately 7 years from beginning to end.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Phoenix
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that Occupational Therapists working in Phoenix earned a median salary of $78,000. In Phoenix, the venues in which Occupational Therapists can work is varied. Jobs are available in hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, and in private clinics. Professionals can also can work in education centers such as high schools or elementary schools. Private medical centers and hospitals will pay more than public school positions.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Phoenix
The options for Occupational Therapy programs in Phoenix are limited. There are other programs throughout Arizona that are available for study. There are many colleges that offer the prerequisite education that therapists will need.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist will require years of dedication to the field. The right program to fit your educational needs is extremely important. The state of Arizona offers options for those wishing to pursue Occupational Therapy as a career choice.