Occupational therapy is considered an important profession in the health care field that helps people perform their jobs better. Challenging training, internships, and special courses need to be taken before someone can become an Occupational Therapist. The options for schooling in Phoenix that will lead to a Master’s in Occupational Therapy are fairly limited, but there some accredited colleges offering this degree. Phoenix colleges that provide Occupational Therapy programs will provide coursework and follow the guidelines necessary to be considered an accredited university.
List of Elite Programs in Phoenix
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The city of Phoenix and the surrounding area has a few accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. The names of these schools are Brown Mackie (Tucson, Phoenix), Pima Medical Institute (Mesa, Tucson), and Midwestern University.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Phoenix
Potential occupational therapy students looking to earn certification in Phoenix will first need to earn a bachelor’s degree. This is usually focused on something in the healthcare area. The second step in the process is to apply and be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After getting a master’s, it is time to take the difficult NBCOT exam. After passing this, you may then apply for an occupational therapist license to work as an Occupational Therapist. This academic path takes approximately 7 years from beginning to end.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Phoenix
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that Occupational Therapists working in Phoenix earned a median salary of $78,000. In Phoenix, the venues in which Occupational Therapists can work is varied. Jobs are available in hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, and in private clinics. Professionals can also can work in education centers such as high schools or elementary schools. Private medical centers and hospitals will pay more than public school positions.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Phoenix
The options for Occupational Therapy programs in Phoenix are limited. There are other programs throughout Arizona that are available for study. There are many colleges that offer the prerequisite education that therapists will need.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist will require years of dedication to the field. The right program to fit your educational needs is extremely important. The state of Arizona offers options for those wishing to pursue Occupational Therapy as a career choice.