Occupational therapy is considered an important profession in the health care field that helps people perform their jobs better. Challenging training, internships, and special courses need to be taken before someone can become an Occupational Therapist. The options for schooling in Phoenix that will lead to a Master’s in Occupational Therapy are fairly limited, but there some accredited colleges offering this degree. Phoenix colleges that provide Occupational Therapy programs will provide coursework and follow the guidelines necessary to be considered an accredited university.
List of Elite Programs in Phoenix
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
The city of Phoenix and the surrounding area has a few accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. The names of these schools are Brown Mackie (Tucson, Phoenix), Pima Medical Institute (Mesa, Tucson), and Midwestern University.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Phoenix
Potential occupational therapy students looking to earn certification in Phoenix will first need to earn a bachelor’s degree. This is usually focused on something in the healthcare area. The second step in the process is to apply and be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After getting a master’s, it is time to take the difficult NBCOT exam. After passing this, you may then apply for an occupational therapist license to work as an Occupational Therapist. This academic path takes approximately 7 years from beginning to end.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Phoenix
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that Occupational Therapists working in Phoenix earned a median salary of $78,000. In Phoenix, the venues in which Occupational Therapists can work is varied. Jobs are available in hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, and in private clinics. Professionals can also can work in education centers such as high schools or elementary schools. Private medical centers and hospitals will pay more than public school positions.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Phoenix
The options for Occupational Therapy programs in Phoenix are limited. There are other programs throughout Arizona that are available for study. There are many colleges that offer the prerequisite education that therapists will need.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist will require years of dedication to the field. The right program to fit your educational needs is extremely important. The state of Arizona offers options for those wishing to pursue Occupational Therapy as a career choice.