Occupational therapy is considered an important profession in the health care field that helps people perform their jobs better. Challenging training, internships, and special courses need to be taken before someone can become an Occupational Therapist. The options for schooling in Phoenix that will lead to a Master’s in Occupational Therapy are fairly limited, but there some accredited colleges offering this degree. Phoenix colleges that provide Occupational Therapy programs will provide coursework and follow the guidelines necessary to be considered an accredited university.
List of Elite Programs in Phoenix
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The city of Phoenix and the surrounding area has a few accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. The names of these schools are Brown Mackie (Tucson, Phoenix), Pima Medical Institute (Mesa, Tucson), and Midwestern University.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Phoenix
Potential occupational therapy students looking to earn certification in Phoenix will first need to earn a bachelor’s degree. This is usually focused on something in the healthcare area. The second step in the process is to apply and be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After getting a master’s, it is time to take the difficult NBCOT exam. After passing this, you may then apply for an occupational therapist license to work as an Occupational Therapist. This academic path takes approximately 7 years from beginning to end.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Phoenix
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that Occupational Therapists working in Phoenix earned a median salary of $78,000. In Phoenix, the venues in which Occupational Therapists can work is varied. Jobs are available in hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, and in private clinics. Professionals can also can work in education centers such as high schools or elementary schools. Private medical centers and hospitals will pay more than public school positions.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Phoenix
The options for Occupational Therapy programs in Phoenix are limited. There are other programs throughout Arizona that are available for study. There are many colleges that offer the prerequisite education that therapists will need.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist will require years of dedication to the field. The right program to fit your educational needs is extremely important. The state of Arizona offers options for those wishing to pursue Occupational Therapy as a career choice.