Occupational therapy is considered an important profession in the health care field that helps people perform their jobs better. Challenging training, internships, and special courses need to be taken before someone can become an Occupational Therapist. The options for schooling in Phoenix that will lead to a Master’s in Occupational Therapy are fairly limited, but there some accredited colleges offering this degree. Phoenix colleges that provide Occupational Therapy programs will provide coursework and follow the guidelines necessary to be considered an accredited university.
List of Elite Programs in Phoenix
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
The city of Phoenix and the surrounding area has a few accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. The names of these schools are Brown Mackie (Tucson, Phoenix), Pima Medical Institute (Mesa, Tucson), and Midwestern University.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Phoenix
Potential occupational therapy students looking to earn certification in Phoenix will first need to earn a bachelor’s degree. This is usually focused on something in the healthcare area. The second step in the process is to apply and be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After getting a master’s, it is time to take the difficult NBCOT exam. After passing this, you may then apply for an occupational therapist license to work as an Occupational Therapist. This academic path takes approximately 7 years from beginning to end.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Phoenix
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that Occupational Therapists working in Phoenix earned a median salary of $78,000. In Phoenix, the venues in which Occupational Therapists can work is varied. Jobs are available in hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, and in private clinics. Professionals can also can work in education centers such as high schools or elementary schools. Private medical centers and hospitals will pay more than public school positions.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Phoenix
The options for Occupational Therapy programs in Phoenix are limited. There are other programs throughout Arizona that are available for study. There are many colleges that offer the prerequisite education that therapists will need.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist will require years of dedication to the field. The right program to fit your educational needs is extremely important. The state of Arizona offers options for those wishing to pursue Occupational Therapy as a career choice.