If you live in Philadelphia and want to learn how to become an occupational therapist, you should note that the key to success is getting a first class education. To learn more about how to start this dynamic process, review the brief guide we’ve outlined below:
List of Elite Programs in Philadelphia
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Once you’ve learned that the basic principle behind becoming an occupational therapist is getting a good education, you need to remain cognizant of the fact that attending an accredited institution is of the utmost importance. After you’ve located an occupational therapy program that is accredited, you should call one of its representatives and ask for an on-site tour or informational brochures that offer information regarding the depth and scope of the school’s courses, degrees, licenses, etc. Once you’ve compiled and compared information from several occupational therapy colleges, you’ll be prepared to select the school that is most comparable to your predilections and preferences.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Philadelphia
To work as an occupational therapist in the state of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia residents must ensure that they comply with existing guidelines. It is also important to note that the guidelines are subject to change, meaning that each OT is responsible for knowing the law and abiding by it. To get started, you need to earn your degree in occupational therapy. (The state outlines that the degree should be at the bachelor’s or master’s degrees.) Additionally, you will need to do a minimum of six months of work with a licensed OT. You can also complete this work as a component of your internship. The state will also require that you pass the NBCOT OTR exam. However, you will not be required to complete any continuing education work.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Philadelphia
Determining what type of salary you can expect to earn as an occupational therapist is one of the most important steps that you can take in order to build a substantive career. By knowing how much you will bring in annually, you can develop a budget and game plan designed to help you grow your wealth with each passing year. According to Indeed.com, occupational therapists employed in the state of Philadelphia typically earn about $91,000. If you’ve thought about pursuing a career as an occupational therapy assistant, note that you can expect to earn about $63,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Philadelphia
There are numerous occupational therapy colleges in Philadelphia that are open for attendance. Some of them include:
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Temple University
- University of the Sciences
- Philadelphia University
- Delaware Technical and Community College-Stanton-Wilmington