Becoming an occupational therapist means embarking on an exciting career where you can make a true difference in the lives of your patients. These professionals help those who have had a serious injury or other setback gain or regain the ability to live independently. If you have passion for healthcare and compassion for others, consider the information below.
List of Elite Programs in Pennsylvania
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
The official website of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) is the best, most up to date source for information on accredited programs. Their listing allows you to search by state, accreditation status, type of program, and other pertinent information. Most of these programs are master’s degrees, although some accelerated programs and doctoral programs do exist.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has a state board of occupational therapy that is responsible for certification and licensing for the profession. Upon completing an accredited occupational therapy education program and passing the national board exams, you may apply for a license to practice in the state directly through the website of the state board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Pennsylvania
$72,180 is the average annual salary for occupational therapists in the state, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. While this is lower than the national average of $77,890, higher salaries can be found in the more urban areas of the state. In addition, Pennsylvania employs the fifth highest number of occupational therapists in the nation, with 5,970 jobs; job concentration is particularly high for this profession in the Philadelphia metro area.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Pennsylvania
- Alvernia University
Reading, PA 19607-1799
- Chatham University
Pittsburgh, PA 15232-2826
- Duquesne University
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
- Elizabethtown College
Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2298
- Gannon University
Erie, PA 16541-0001
- Misericordia University
Dallas, PA 18612-1098
- Philadelphia University
Philadelphia, PA 19144-5497
- Saint Francis University
Loretto, PA 15940-0600
- Salus University
Elkins Park, PA 19027-1576
- Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19140-5101
- Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA 19107-5233
- University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4501
- University of the Sciences
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495