Becoming an occupational therapist means embarking on an exciting career where you can make a true difference in the lives of your patients. These professionals help those who have had a serious injury or other setback gain or regain the ability to live independently. If you have passion for healthcare and compassion for others, consider the information below.
List of Elite Programs in Pennsylvania
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
The official website of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) is the best, most up to date source for information on accredited programs. Their listing allows you to search by state, accreditation status, type of program, and other pertinent information. Most of these programs are master’s degrees, although some accelerated programs and doctoral programs do exist.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has a state board of occupational therapy that is responsible for certification and licensing for the profession. Upon completing an accredited occupational therapy education program and passing the national board exams, you may apply for a license to practice in the state directly through the website of the state board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Pennsylvania
$72,180 is the average annual salary for occupational therapists in the state, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. While this is lower than the national average of $77,890, higher salaries can be found in the more urban areas of the state. In addition, Pennsylvania employs the fifth highest number of occupational therapists in the nation, with 5,970 jobs; job concentration is particularly high for this profession in the Philadelphia metro area.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Pennsylvania
- Alvernia University
Reading, PA 19607-1799
- Chatham University
Pittsburgh, PA 15232-2826
- Duquesne University
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
- Elizabethtown College
Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2298
- Gannon University
Erie, PA 16541-0001
- Misericordia University
Dallas, PA 18612-1098
- Philadelphia University
Philadelphia, PA 19144-5497
- Saint Francis University
Loretto, PA 15940-0600
- Salus University
Elkins Park, PA 19027-1576
- Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19140-5101
- Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA 19107-5233
- University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4501
- University of the Sciences
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495