Becoming an occupational therapist means embarking on an exciting career where you can make a true difference in the lives of your patients. These professionals help those who have had a serious injury or other setback gain or regain the ability to live independently. If you have passion for healthcare and compassion for others, consider the information below.
List of Elite Programs in Pennsylvania
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- M.A. Counseling Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The official website of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) is the best, most up to date source for information on accredited programs. Their listing allows you to search by state, accreditation status, type of program, and other pertinent information. Most of these programs are master’s degrees, although some accelerated programs and doctoral programs do exist.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has a state board of occupational therapy that is responsible for certification and licensing for the profession. Upon completing an accredited occupational therapy education program and passing the national board exams, you may apply for a license to practice in the state directly through the website of the state board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Pennsylvania
$72,180 is the average annual salary for occupational therapists in the state, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. While this is lower than the national average of $77,890, higher salaries can be found in the more urban areas of the state. In addition, Pennsylvania employs the fifth highest number of occupational therapists in the nation, with 5,970 jobs; job concentration is particularly high for this profession in the Philadelphia metro area.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Pennsylvania
- Alvernia University
Reading, PA 19607-1799
- Chatham University
Pittsburgh, PA 15232-2826
- Duquesne University
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
- Elizabethtown College
Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2298
- Gannon University
Erie, PA 16541-0001
- Misericordia University
Dallas, PA 18612-1098
- Philadelphia University
Philadelphia, PA 19144-5497
- Saint Francis University
Loretto, PA 15940-0600
- Salus University
Elkins Park, PA 19027-1576
- Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19140-5101
- Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA 19107-5233
- University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4501
- University of the Sciences
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495