Becoming an occupational therapist means embarking on an exciting career where you can make a true difference in the lives of your patients. These professionals help those who have had a serious injury or other setback gain or regain the ability to live independently. If you have passion for healthcare and compassion for others, consider the information below.
List of Elite Programs in Pennsylvania
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The official website of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) is the best, most up to date source for information on accredited programs. Their listing allows you to search by state, accreditation status, type of program, and other pertinent information. Most of these programs are master’s degrees, although some accelerated programs and doctoral programs do exist.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has a state board of occupational therapy that is responsible for certification and licensing for the profession. Upon completing an accredited occupational therapy education program and passing the national board exams, you may apply for a license to practice in the state directly through the website of the state board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Pennsylvania
$72,180 is the average annual salary for occupational therapists in the state, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. While this is lower than the national average of $77,890, higher salaries can be found in the more urban areas of the state. In addition, Pennsylvania employs the fifth highest number of occupational therapists in the nation, with 5,970 jobs; job concentration is particularly high for this profession in the Philadelphia metro area.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Pennsylvania
- Alvernia University
Reading, PA 19607-1799
- Chatham University
Pittsburgh, PA 15232-2826
- Duquesne University
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
- Elizabethtown College
Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2298
- Gannon University
Erie, PA 16541-0001
- Misericordia University
Dallas, PA 18612-1098
- Philadelphia University
Philadelphia, PA 19144-5497
- Saint Francis University
Loretto, PA 15940-0600
- Salus University
Elkins Park, PA 19027-1576
- Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19140-5101
- Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA 19107-5233
- University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4501
- University of the Sciences
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495