Becoming an occupational therapist means embarking on an exciting career where you can make a true difference in the lives of your patients. These professionals help those who have had a serious injury or other setback gain or regain the ability to live independently. If you have passion for healthcare and compassion for others, consider the information below.
List of Elite Programs in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The official website of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) is the best, most up to date source for information on accredited programs. Their listing allows you to search by state, accreditation status, type of program, and other pertinent information. Most of these programs are master’s degrees, although some accelerated programs and doctoral programs do exist.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has a state board of occupational therapy that is responsible for certification and licensing for the profession. Upon completing an accredited occupational therapy education program and passing the national board exams, you may apply for a license to practice in the state directly through the website of the state board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Pennsylvania
$72,180 is the average annual salary for occupational therapists in the state, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. While this is lower than the national average of $77,890, higher salaries can be found in the more urban areas of the state. In addition, Pennsylvania employs the fifth highest number of occupational therapists in the nation, with 5,970 jobs; job concentration is particularly high for this profession in the Philadelphia metro area.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Pennsylvania
- Alvernia University
Reading, PA 19607-1799
- Chatham University
Pittsburgh, PA 15232-2826
- Duquesne University
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
- Elizabethtown College
Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2298
- Gannon University
Erie, PA 16541-0001
- Misericordia University
Dallas, PA 18612-1098
- Philadelphia University
Philadelphia, PA 19144-5497
- Saint Francis University
Loretto, PA 15940-0600
- Salus University
Elkins Park, PA 19027-1576
- Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19140-5101
- Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA 19107-5233
- University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4501
- University of the Sciences
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495