There are a lot of opportunities within the state of Oregon for people who want to enter into the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, residents of Oregon will be able to find out all the information needed when thinking of pursuing a career in this field.
List of Elite Programs in Oregon
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
If one is planning on becoming an Occupational Therapist in the state of Oregon, there is only one place that they will be able to go that has an accredited program in this field. It is a small campus school, but they have an astounding curriculum that will assist anyone in becoming either and Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Pacific University
Occupational Therapy Certification in Oregon
If one is interested in becoming a professional Occupational Therapist in the state of Oregon, they will have to get a license from the Occupational Therapy Licensing Board of Oregon. This board is responsible of making sure that anyone who holds a license in this field is qualified to practice. When going for one’s license, they will be expected to undergo a few different tests to make sure that they are qualified. After getting their license, it is imperative that they keep their license up to day, otherwise, they will no longer be qualified to practice in the state.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oregon
Even though there is only one school that offers the degrees needed to become licensed in Oregon, Oregon actually has one of the highest paying salary averages for this field in the United States. An occupational therapist can make around $61K a year starting out. This is a rough estimate, because the amount one makes depends on the location of their practice and the degree level that one chooses to get too.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oregon
Pacific University offers two different degree programs for their students to choose from. Regardless if they want to get their Bachelor’s Degree or their Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy, there is one place that will offer both of these degree programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy