There are a lot of opportunities within the state of Oregon for people who want to enter into the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, residents of Oregon will be able to find out all the information needed when thinking of pursuing a career in this field.
List of Elite Programs in Oregon
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
If one is planning on becoming an Occupational Therapist in the state of Oregon, there is only one place that they will be able to go that has an accredited program in this field. It is a small campus school, but they have an astounding curriculum that will assist anyone in becoming either and Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Pacific University
Occupational Therapy Certification in Oregon
If one is interested in becoming a professional Occupational Therapist in the state of Oregon, they will have to get a license from the Occupational Therapy Licensing Board of Oregon. This board is responsible of making sure that anyone who holds a license in this field is qualified to practice. When going for one’s license, they will be expected to undergo a few different tests to make sure that they are qualified. After getting their license, it is imperative that they keep their license up to day, otherwise, they will no longer be qualified to practice in the state.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oregon
Even though there is only one school that offers the degrees needed to become licensed in Oregon, Oregon actually has one of the highest paying salary averages for this field in the United States. An occupational therapist can make around $61K a year starting out. This is a rough estimate, because the amount one makes depends on the location of their practice and the degree level that one chooses to get too.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oregon
Pacific University offers two different degree programs for their students to choose from. Regardless if they want to get their Bachelor’s Degree or their Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy, there is one place that will offer both of these degree programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy