College of St. Mary and Creighton University are accredited OT Schools in Omaha. Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education, the recognized accrediting agency for OT education by the USDE and CHEA. Both academic institutions are also accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. College of St. Mary offers a combined bachelor/masters degree. Creighton University offers a doctorate. OT preparatory coursework is offered by Concordia University, which offers a bachelor degree. Coursework coordinated with the first two years of OT preparation at Creighton. This third North Central accredited school is an hour from Omaha via I-80 W to Seward.
List of Elite Programs in Omaha, NE
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services credentials health care providers. It defines the practice of Occupational Therapy as the profession which “customizes treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out the activities of daily living; evaluates home and job environments to recommend necessary adaptation; assesses and treats to maximize performance skills; recommends and trains in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function; and guides family members and attendants in safe and effective caring for individuals.” It issues an annual renewable license for OTs and OT Assistants to provide these services, conditional on completion of an ACOTE program, a payable renewal fee, and completion of ten hours of continuing education each year. People completing the OT programs at St. Mary’s and at Creighton would be eligible for this licensing.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Omaha, NE
Nursing home-based OTs typically earn $62,300 to $79,600 per year (tenth to ninetieth percentile) with a median average salary of $70,000 per year. OTs practicing outside that setting earn $63,000 to $88,800 per year with a median of $76,100. Those in administrative positions, e.g., OT Director, etc., earn a salary range of $79,500 to $117,600 per year with a median of $97,100. Omaha salaries for job postings appear to be lower than equivalent jobs elsewhere in the U.S.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Omaha, NE
College of Saint Mary
Occupational Therapy Program
7000 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178-0259
Concordia University Seward
Occupational Therapy Studies
800 N Columbia Ave
Seward, NE 68434-1556