College of St. Mary and Creighton University are accredited OT Schools in Omaha. Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education, the recognized accrediting agency for OT education by the USDE and CHEA. Both academic institutions are also accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. College of St. Mary offers a combined bachelor/masters degree. Creighton University offers a doctorate. OT preparatory coursework is offered by Concordia University, which offers a bachelor degree. Coursework coordinated with the first two years of OT preparation at Creighton. This third North Central accredited school is an hour from Omaha via I-80 W to Seward.
List of Elite Programs in Omaha, NE
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services credentials health care providers. It defines the practice of Occupational Therapy as the profession which “customizes treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out the activities of daily living; evaluates home and job environments to recommend necessary adaptation; assesses and treats to maximize performance skills; recommends and trains in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function; and guides family members and attendants in safe and effective caring for individuals.” It issues an annual renewable license for OTs and OT Assistants to provide these services, conditional on completion of an ACOTE program, a payable renewal fee, and completion of ten hours of continuing education each year. People completing the OT programs at St. Mary’s and at Creighton would be eligible for this licensing.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Omaha, NE
Nursing home-based OTs typically earn $62,300 to $79,600 per year (tenth to ninetieth percentile) with a median average salary of $70,000 per year. OTs practicing outside that setting earn $63,000 to $88,800 per year with a median of $76,100. Those in administrative positions, e.g., OT Director, etc., earn a salary range of $79,500 to $117,600 per year with a median of $97,100. Omaha salaries for job postings appear to be lower than equivalent jobs elsewhere in the U.S.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Omaha, NE
College of Saint Mary
Occupational Therapy Program
7000 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178-0259
Concordia University Seward
Occupational Therapy Studies
800 N Columbia Ave
Seward, NE 68434-1556