College of St. Mary and Creighton University are accredited OT Schools in Omaha. Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education, the recognized accrediting agency for OT education by the USDE and CHEA. Both academic institutions are also accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. College of St. Mary offers a combined bachelor/masters degree. Creighton University offers a doctorate. OT preparatory coursework is offered by Concordia University, which offers a bachelor degree. Coursework coordinated with the first two years of OT preparation at Creighton. This third North Central accredited school is an hour from Omaha via I-80 W to Seward.
List of Elite Programs in Omaha, NE
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services credentials health care providers. It defines the practice of Occupational Therapy as the profession which “customizes treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out the activities of daily living; evaluates home and job environments to recommend necessary adaptation; assesses and treats to maximize performance skills; recommends and trains in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function; and guides family members and attendants in safe and effective caring for individuals.” It issues an annual renewable license for OTs and OT Assistants to provide these services, conditional on completion of an ACOTE program, a payable renewal fee, and completion of ten hours of continuing education each year. People completing the OT programs at St. Mary’s and at Creighton would be eligible for this licensing.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Omaha, NE
Nursing home-based OTs typically earn $62,300 to $79,600 per year (tenth to ninetieth percentile) with a median average salary of $70,000 per year. OTs practicing outside that setting earn $63,000 to $88,800 per year with a median of $76,100. Those in administrative positions, e.g., OT Director, etc., earn a salary range of $79,500 to $117,600 per year with a median of $97,100. Omaha salaries for job postings appear to be lower than equivalent jobs elsewhere in the U.S.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Omaha, NE
College of Saint Mary
Occupational Therapy Program
7000 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178-0259
Concordia University Seward
Occupational Therapy Studies
800 N Columbia Ave
Seward, NE 68434-1556