College of St. Mary and Creighton University are accredited OT Schools in Omaha. Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education, the recognized accrediting agency for OT education by the USDE and CHEA. Both academic institutions are also accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. College of St. Mary offers a combined bachelor/masters degree. Creighton University offers a doctorate. OT preparatory coursework is offered by Concordia University, which offers a bachelor degree. Coursework coordinated with the first two years of OT preparation at Creighton. This third North Central accredited school is an hour from Omaha via I-80 W to Seward.
List of Elite Programs in Omaha, NE
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services credentials health care providers. It defines the practice of Occupational Therapy as the profession which “customizes treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out the activities of daily living; evaluates home and job environments to recommend necessary adaptation; assesses and treats to maximize performance skills; recommends and trains in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function; and guides family members and attendants in safe and effective caring for individuals.” It issues an annual renewable license for OTs and OT Assistants to provide these services, conditional on completion of an ACOTE program, a payable renewal fee, and completion of ten hours of continuing education each year. People completing the OT programs at St. Mary’s and at Creighton would be eligible for this licensing.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Omaha, NE
Nursing home-based OTs typically earn $62,300 to $79,600 per year (tenth to ninetieth percentile) with a median average salary of $70,000 per year. OTs practicing outside that setting earn $63,000 to $88,800 per year with a median of $76,100. Those in administrative positions, e.g., OT Director, etc., earn a salary range of $79,500 to $117,600 per year with a median of $97,100. Omaha salaries for job postings appear to be lower than equivalent jobs elsewhere in the U.S.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Omaha, NE
College of Saint Mary
Occupational Therapy Program
7000 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178-0259
Concordia University Seward
Occupational Therapy Studies
800 N Columbia Ave
Seward, NE 68434-1556