College of St. Mary and Creighton University are accredited OT Schools in Omaha. Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education, the recognized accrediting agency for OT education by the USDE and CHEA. Both academic institutions are also accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. College of St. Mary offers a combined bachelor/masters degree. Creighton University offers a doctorate. OT preparatory coursework is offered by Concordia University, which offers a bachelor degree. Coursework coordinated with the first two years of OT preparation at Creighton. This third North Central accredited school is an hour from Omaha via I-80 W to Seward.
List of Elite Programs in Omaha, NE
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services credentials health care providers. It defines the practice of Occupational Therapy as the profession which “customizes treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out the activities of daily living; evaluates home and job environments to recommend necessary adaptation; assesses and treats to maximize performance skills; recommends and trains in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function; and guides family members and attendants in safe and effective caring for individuals.” It issues an annual renewable license for OTs and OT Assistants to provide these services, conditional on completion of an ACOTE program, a payable renewal fee, and completion of ten hours of continuing education each year. People completing the OT programs at St. Mary’s and at Creighton would be eligible for this licensing.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Omaha, NE
Nursing home-based OTs typically earn $62,300 to $79,600 per year (tenth to ninetieth percentile) with a median average salary of $70,000 per year. OTs practicing outside that setting earn $63,000 to $88,800 per year with a median of $76,100. Those in administrative positions, e.g., OT Director, etc., earn a salary range of $79,500 to $117,600 per year with a median of $97,100. Omaha salaries for job postings appear to be lower than equivalent jobs elsewhere in the U.S.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Omaha, NE
College of Saint Mary
Occupational Therapy Program
7000 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178-0259
Concordia University Seward
Occupational Therapy Studies
800 N Columbia Ave
Seward, NE 68434-1556