Does the thought of bringing relief to patients and helping them get back on their feet sound rewarding to you? If so, you may enjoy working as an occupational therapist. Learn how to become an occupational therapist in Oklahoma and get information on the various occupational therapist colleges in the state.
List of Elite Programs in Oklahoma
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Becoming an occupational therapist in Oklahoma requires completing an ACOTE-accredited training program. These programs may be either master or doctoral degree programs in occupational therapy and can take from two to four years to complete provided you already have a bachelor’s degree. Occupational therapy training includes classroom studies, lab courses, clinical rotations and/or fieldwork to obtain hands-on training. Some schools may offer occupational therapy classes online. It’s important that the school where you’re getting your occupational therapy training be accredited so you can obtain certification, which is required in every state.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Oklahoma
You must be licensed and certified before you can work as an occupational therapist in Oklahoma. This can be achieved by passing the occupational therapy certification exam, which is administered through the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapists. To be eligible to take the certification test, you must have completed an approved occupational therapist program and completed at least 28 hours of fieldwork and work experience. The American Occupational Therapy Association also offers various certifications for individuals who want to specialize in certain areas of occupational therapy. To maintain certification, you must complete continuing education classes.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oklahoma
According to a December 2014 report by Salary.com, occupational therapists in Tulsa earned an annual yearly salary of $76,484. In the neighboring cities of Bartlesville and Oklahoma City wages were $74,104 and $75,551. All of the Oklahoma wages reported by Salary.com were below the national average for this profession.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma
Listed below are some of the occupational schools located in Oklahoma. The length of the programs may not include the required fieldwork.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Program – 2 years – Langston University – Langston, OK
- Occupational Therapy Master degree – 81 hours – Northeastern State University – Tahlequah, OK
- Master of Occupational Therapy – 3 years – University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center – Oklahoma City, OK
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Associate Degree – 2 years – Tulsa Community College – Tulsa, OK
- Pre-Occupational Therapy degree – 4 years – Southern Nazarene University – Bethany, OK
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Ohio
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Cleveland State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Cleveland||(216) 687-3567||2121 Euclid Avenue|
Health Sciences (HS) 103
Cleveland, OH 44115-2440
|Ohio State University|
Occupational Therapy Division
School of Allied Medical Professions
|Columbus||(614) 292-5824||406 Atwell Hall, 453 West Tenth Avenue|
Columbus, OH 43210-1234
|Shawnee State University|
Master in Occupational Therapy Program
|(740) 351-3225||940 Second Street|
Portsmouth, OH 45662-4303
|University of Findlay|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Findlay||(800) 472-9502 x6936||1000 North Main Street|
Findlay, OH 45840-3695
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(513) 745-3150||3800 Victory Parkway|
Cincinnati, OH 45207-7341
|The University of Toledo|
Occupational Therapy Program
Judith Herb College of Education, Health Science and Human Service
|Toledo||(419) 530-6690||2801 W. Bancroft Street, Mail Stop 119|
Toledo, OH 43606-3390