Does the thought of bringing relief to patients and helping them get back on their feet sound rewarding to you? If so, you may enjoy working as an occupational therapist. Learn how to become an occupational therapist in Oklahoma and get information on the various occupational therapist colleges in the state.
List of Elite Programs in Oklahoma
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Becoming an occupational therapist in Oklahoma requires completing an ACOTE-accredited training program. These programs may be either master or doctoral degree programs in occupational therapy and can take from two to four years to complete provided you already have a bachelor’s degree. Occupational therapy training includes classroom studies, lab courses, clinical rotations and/or fieldwork to obtain hands-on training. Some schools may offer occupational therapy classes online. It’s important that the school where you’re getting your occupational therapy training be accredited so you can obtain certification, which is required in every state.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Oklahoma
You must be licensed and certified before you can work as an occupational therapist in Oklahoma. This can be achieved by passing the occupational therapy certification exam, which is administered through the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapists. To be eligible to take the certification test, you must have completed an approved occupational therapist program and completed at least 28 hours of fieldwork and work experience. The American Occupational Therapy Association also offers various certifications for individuals who want to specialize in certain areas of occupational therapy. To maintain certification, you must complete continuing education classes.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oklahoma
According to a December 2014 report by Salary.com, occupational therapists in Tulsa earned an annual yearly salary of $76,484. In the neighboring cities of Bartlesville and Oklahoma City wages were $74,104 and $75,551. All of the Oklahoma wages reported by Salary.com were below the national average for this profession.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma
Listed below are some of the occupational schools located in Oklahoma. The length of the programs may not include the required fieldwork.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Program – 2 years – Langston University – Langston, OK
- Occupational Therapy Master degree – 81 hours – Northeastern State University – Tahlequah, OK
- Master of Occupational Therapy – 3 years – University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center – Oklahoma City, OK
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Associate Degree – 2 years – Tulsa Community College – Tulsa, OK
- Pre-Occupational Therapy degree – 4 years – Southern Nazarene University – Bethany, OK
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Ohio
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Cleveland State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Cleveland||(216) 687-3567||2121 Euclid Avenue|
Health Sciences (HS) 103
Cleveland, OH 44115-2440
|Ohio State University|
Occupational Therapy Division
School of Allied Medical Professions
|Columbus||(614) 292-5824||406 Atwell Hall, 453 West Tenth Avenue|
Columbus, OH 43210-1234
|Shawnee State University|
Master in Occupational Therapy Program
|(740) 351-3225||940 Second Street|
Portsmouth, OH 45662-4303
|University of Findlay|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Findlay||(800) 472-9502 x6936||1000 North Main Street|
Findlay, OH 45840-3695
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(513) 745-3150||3800 Victory Parkway|
Cincinnati, OH 45207-7341
|The University of Toledo|
Occupational Therapy Program
Judith Herb College of Education, Health Science and Human Service
|Toledo||(419) 530-6690||2801 W. Bancroft Street, Mail Stop 119|
Toledo, OH 43606-3390