Does the thought of bringing relief to patients and helping them get back on their feet sound rewarding to you? If so, you may enjoy working as an occupational therapist. Learn how to become an occupational therapist in Oklahoma and get information on the various occupational therapist colleges in the state.
List of Elite Programs in Oklahoma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
Becoming an occupational therapist in Oklahoma requires completing an ACOTE-accredited training program. These programs may be either master or doctoral degree programs in occupational therapy and can take from two to four years to complete provided you already have a bachelor’s degree. Occupational therapy training includes classroom studies, lab courses, clinical rotations and/or fieldwork to obtain hands-on training. Some schools may offer occupational therapy classes online. It’s important that the school where you’re getting your occupational therapy training be accredited so you can obtain certification, which is required in every state.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Oklahoma
You must be licensed and certified before you can work as an occupational therapist in Oklahoma. This can be achieved by passing the occupational therapy certification exam, which is administered through the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapists. To be eligible to take the certification test, you must have completed an approved occupational therapist program and completed at least 28 hours of fieldwork and work experience. The American Occupational Therapy Association also offers various certifications for individuals who want to specialize in certain areas of occupational therapy. To maintain certification, you must complete continuing education classes.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oklahoma
According to a December 2014 report by Salary.com, occupational therapists in Tulsa earned an annual yearly salary of $76,484. In the neighboring cities of Bartlesville and Oklahoma City wages were $74,104 and $75,551. All of the Oklahoma wages reported by Salary.com were below the national average for this profession.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma
Listed below are some of the occupational schools located in Oklahoma. The length of the programs may not include the required fieldwork.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Program – 2 years – Langston University – Langston, OK
- Occupational Therapy Master degree – 81 hours – Northeastern State University – Tahlequah, OK
- Master of Occupational Therapy – 3 years – University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center – Oklahoma City, OK
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Associate Degree – 2 years – Tulsa Community College – Tulsa, OK
- Pre-Occupational Therapy degree – 4 years – Southern Nazarene University – Bethany, OK
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Ohio
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Cleveland State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Cleveland||(216) 687-3567||2121 Euclid Avenue|
Health Sciences (HS) 103
Cleveland, OH 44115-2440
|Ohio State University|
Occupational Therapy Division
School of Allied Medical Professions
|Columbus||(614) 292-5824||406 Atwell Hall, 453 West Tenth Avenue|
Columbus, OH 43210-1234
|Shawnee State University|
Master in Occupational Therapy Program
|(740) 351-3225||940 Second Street|
Portsmouth, OH 45662-4303
|University of Findlay|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Findlay||(800) 472-9502 x6936||1000 North Main Street|
Findlay, OH 45840-3695
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(513) 745-3150||3800 Victory Parkway|
Cincinnati, OH 45207-7341
|The University of Toledo|
Occupational Therapy Program
Judith Herb College of Education, Health Science and Human Service
|Toledo||(419) 530-6690||2801 W. Bancroft Street, Mail Stop 119|
Toledo, OH 43606-3390