If you live in Oklahoma City, OK and have chosen to work within the occupational therapy sector, it’s important to note that attaining an absolutely amazing education can help you get off to a good start. To begin on the right foot, it’s important that you identify educational programs and classes that will provide you with the firm foundation you’ll need to work within the occupational therapy sector. To learn more about occupational therapy colleges and certification requirements in Oklahoma City, OK, read this brief yet thorough outline:
List of Elite Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma City, OK
Your first step in finding the ideal occupational therapy school is locating one that is accredited. To accomplish this important objective, do an internet search with the key phrase “Find Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Locate Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK.” You’ll then be led to a new screen featuring several hyperlinks that you can click to learn more about the accredited online or traditional learning institution options available to you.
In order to obtain a state license in the state of Oklahoma, you must first pass the national certification exam. To do so, you’ll need to take the OTR exam. You must obtain a score in the 70th percentile or above to be considered nationally certified. You must also complete these steps:
1. Submit a completed application
2. Pay the $120 license fee
3. Request that the NBCOT forward your Verification of Certification to the state licensing board
4. Request that each college you’ve attend forward your official transcript
Also note that the licensing board may take as long as two months to review your application and subsequently grant you a license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
Individuals who opt to work as occupational therapists in Oklahoma City, OK can expect to bring home $75,000 each year. At the same time, those who choose careers as occupational therapist assistants will typically bring in $52,000. These salaries are not set in stone, however. In fact, there are several factors that can affect how much you bring in. Some of the factors include the extent of your education, any areas of expertise you may have, and who you are employed by.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
The occupational therapy programs in Oklahoma City, OK that you may want to attend include:
Oklahoma City Community College
University of Oklahoma