If you live in Oklahoma City, OK and have chosen to work within the occupational therapy sector, it’s important to note that attaining an absolutely amazing education can help you get off to a good start. To begin on the right foot, it’s important that you identify educational programs and classes that will provide you with the firm foundation you’ll need to work within the occupational therapy sector. To learn more about occupational therapy colleges and certification requirements in Oklahoma City, OK, read this brief yet thorough outline:
List of Elite Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma City, OK
Your first step in finding the ideal occupational therapy school is locating one that is accredited. To accomplish this important objective, do an internet search with the key phrase “Find Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Locate Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK.” You’ll then be led to a new screen featuring several hyperlinks that you can click to learn more about the accredited online or traditional learning institution options available to you.
In order to obtain a state license in the state of Oklahoma, you must first pass the national certification exam. To do so, you’ll need to take the OTR exam. You must obtain a score in the 70th percentile or above to be considered nationally certified. You must also complete these steps:
1. Submit a completed application
2. Pay the $120 license fee
3. Request that the NBCOT forward your Verification of Certification to the state licensing board
4. Request that each college you’ve attend forward your official transcript
Also note that the licensing board may take as long as two months to review your application and subsequently grant you a license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
Individuals who opt to work as occupational therapists in Oklahoma City, OK can expect to bring home $75,000 each year. At the same time, those who choose careers as occupational therapist assistants will typically bring in $52,000. These salaries are not set in stone, however. In fact, there are several factors that can affect how much you bring in. Some of the factors include the extent of your education, any areas of expertise you may have, and who you are employed by.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
The occupational therapy programs in Oklahoma City, OK that you may want to attend include:
Oklahoma City Community College
University of Oklahoma