If you live in Oklahoma City, OK and have chosen to work within the occupational therapy sector, it’s important to note that attaining an absolutely amazing education can help you get off to a good start. To begin on the right foot, it’s important that you identify educational programs and classes that will provide you with the firm foundation you’ll need to work within the occupational therapy sector. To learn more about occupational therapy colleges and certification requirements in Oklahoma City, OK, read this brief yet thorough outline:
List of Elite Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma City, OK
Your first step in finding the ideal occupational therapy school is locating one that is accredited. To accomplish this important objective, do an internet search with the key phrase “Find Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Locate Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK.” You’ll then be led to a new screen featuring several hyperlinks that you can click to learn more about the accredited online or traditional learning institution options available to you.
In order to obtain a state license in the state of Oklahoma, you must first pass the national certification exam. To do so, you’ll need to take the OTR exam. You must obtain a score in the 70th percentile or above to be considered nationally certified. You must also complete these steps:
1. Submit a completed application
2. Pay the $120 license fee
3. Request that the NBCOT forward your Verification of Certification to the state licensing board
4. Request that each college you’ve attend forward your official transcript
Also note that the licensing board may take as long as two months to review your application and subsequently grant you a license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
Individuals who opt to work as occupational therapists in Oklahoma City, OK can expect to bring home $75,000 each year. At the same time, those who choose careers as occupational therapist assistants will typically bring in $52,000. These salaries are not set in stone, however. In fact, there are several factors that can affect how much you bring in. Some of the factors include the extent of your education, any areas of expertise you may have, and who you are employed by.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
The occupational therapy programs in Oklahoma City, OK that you may want to attend include:
Oklahoma City Community College
University of Oklahoma