If you live in Oklahoma City, OK and have chosen to work within the occupational therapy sector, it’s important to note that attaining an absolutely amazing education can help you get off to a good start. To begin on the right foot, it’s important that you identify educational programs and classes that will provide you with the firm foundation you’ll need to work within the occupational therapy sector. To learn more about occupational therapy colleges and certification requirements in Oklahoma City, OK, read this brief yet thorough outline:
List of Elite Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma City, OK
Your first step in finding the ideal occupational therapy school is locating one that is accredited. To accomplish this important objective, do an internet search with the key phrase “Find Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Locate Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK.” You’ll then be led to a new screen featuring several hyperlinks that you can click to learn more about the accredited online or traditional learning institution options available to you.
In order to obtain a state license in the state of Oklahoma, you must first pass the national certification exam. To do so, you’ll need to take the OTR exam. You must obtain a score in the 70th percentile or above to be considered nationally certified. You must also complete these steps:
1. Submit a completed application
2. Pay the $120 license fee
3. Request that the NBCOT forward your Verification of Certification to the state licensing board
4. Request that each college you’ve attend forward your official transcript
Also note that the licensing board may take as long as two months to review your application and subsequently grant you a license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
Individuals who opt to work as occupational therapists in Oklahoma City, OK can expect to bring home $75,000 each year. At the same time, those who choose careers as occupational therapist assistants will typically bring in $52,000. These salaries are not set in stone, however. In fact, there are several factors that can affect how much you bring in. Some of the factors include the extent of your education, any areas of expertise you may have, and who you are employed by.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
The occupational therapy programs in Oklahoma City, OK that you may want to attend include:
Oklahoma City Community College
University of Oklahoma