If you live in Oklahoma City, OK and have chosen to work within the occupational therapy sector, it’s important to note that attaining an absolutely amazing education can help you get off to a good start. To begin on the right foot, it’s important that you identify educational programs and classes that will provide you with the firm foundation you’ll need to work within the occupational therapy sector. To learn more about occupational therapy colleges and certification requirements in Oklahoma City, OK, read this brief yet thorough outline:
List of Elite Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma City, OK
Your first step in finding the ideal occupational therapy school is locating one that is accredited. To accomplish this important objective, do an internet search with the key phrase “Find Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Locate Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK.” You’ll then be led to a new screen featuring several hyperlinks that you can click to learn more about the accredited online or traditional learning institution options available to you.
In order to obtain a state license in the state of Oklahoma, you must first pass the national certification exam. To do so, you’ll need to take the OTR exam. You must obtain a score in the 70th percentile or above to be considered nationally certified. You must also complete these steps:
1. Submit a completed application
2. Pay the $120 license fee
3. Request that the NBCOT forward your Verification of Certification to the state licensing board
4. Request that each college you’ve attend forward your official transcript
Also note that the licensing board may take as long as two months to review your application and subsequently grant you a license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
Individuals who opt to work as occupational therapists in Oklahoma City, OK can expect to bring home $75,000 each year. At the same time, those who choose careers as occupational therapist assistants will typically bring in $52,000. These salaries are not set in stone, however. In fact, there are several factors that can affect how much you bring in. Some of the factors include the extent of your education, any areas of expertise you may have, and who you are employed by.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oklahoma City, OK
The occupational therapy programs in Oklahoma City, OK that you may want to attend include:
Oklahoma City Community College
University of Oklahoma