If one is thinking of becoming an Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy Assistant, the state of Ohio has a lot to offer. Below, one will be able to view a variety of schools and degrees that one can choose from and attend in order to further their professional plans.
List of Elite Programs in Ohio
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Unlike some of the other states, Ohio has a variety of different schools that offer degrees in the Occupational Therapy field. As a matter of fact, there are a total of 16 different accredited schools that one can choose from. This is a wonderful thing, because it gives students the opportunity to truly choose the environment in which they attend classes. Below, one can see a few of the more popular colleges and universities that offer degrees in the Occupational Therapy field.
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
- The University of Findlay
- James A Rhodes State College
- Zane State College
- Stark State College of Technology
- Xavier University
Occupational Therapy Certification in Ohio
In order to become certified as an Occupational Therapist in the state of Ohio, one has to pass all of the requirements that are set forth by the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board in the Ohio government. Upon getting a license from this board, one will be able to practice anywhere in the state of Ohio as an Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Ohio
Compared to other states, Occupational Therapists in the state of Ohio make above the average yearly salary, according to the national average. Currently, Occupational Therapists make around $55k a year starting out in the state of Ohio, and this is the average across the state. There are a few places where the salary is more, but this all depends on the location of one’s practice.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Ohio
The type of degree that one can get all depends on which school they attend. Within the state of Ohio, one can actually get any of the degrees listed below in the Occupational Therapy field. When deciding on a degree program, it is important to always make sure that the schools one is thinking about offers the appropriate degree program that is desire.
- Associate’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Ohio
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Cleveland State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Cleveland||(216) 687-3567||2121 Euclid Avenue|
Health Sciences (HS) 103
Cleveland, OH 44115-2440
|Ohio State University|
Occupational Therapy Division
School of Allied Medical Professions
|Columbus||(614) 292-5824||406 Atwell Hall, 453 West Tenth Avenue|
Columbus, OH 43210-1234
|Shawnee State University|
Master in Occupational Therapy Program
|(740) 351-3225||940 Second Street|
Portsmouth, OH 45662-4303
|University of Findlay|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Findlay||(800) 472-9502 x6936||1000 North Main Street|
Findlay, OH 45840-3695
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(513) 745-3150||3800 Victory Parkway|
Cincinnati, OH 45207-7341
|The University of Toledo|
Occupational Therapy Program
Judith Herb College of Education, Health Science and Human Service
|Toledo||(419) 530-6690||2801 W. Bancroft Street, Mail Stop 119|
Toledo, OH 43606-3390