Those that have the necessary skills and background should consider an Occupational Therapist career. A high school education along with college training is a good basic background. The occupational therapist works closely with patients that have a disability. They guide the patient in learning to live independently and perform daily task without requiring assistance. For example, instructing patients on the proper way to use wheelchairs, braces, and eating tools. Therapist work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, offices, and other medical care facilities. Here is how to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Oakland, CA
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Master of Science in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Science in Kinesiology
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oakland, CA
The job outlook for occupational therapist is very promising. This is a great time to think about joining this career. However, training is required at a fully accredited learning institution. A fully accredited school is recognized by the state as an officially approved higher learning institution that covers the essential learning material for the career. Learning in those programs usually takes two to three years to complete and receive the bachelor’s or master’s degree. Some establishments are starting to request that those applying for positions in this health field have a doctorate.
After attending an accredited learning establishment, the candidate should take the certification exam. All of the states require that the new graduate take and pass the exam. This nationally recognized test is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists. Of course, it is essential to know the requirements for becoming certified and licensed before selecting a learning institute. This will save a lot of headaches and frustration over meeting requirements to take the license test.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oakland, CA
The national salary is approximately $75,400 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, the median salary for the person in this occupation in Oakland varies widely. There are a number of important factors to consider. For example, experience, education, medical facility, hours worked. Generally, salaries range from $76,730 to $106,552.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oakland, CA
Fortunately, there is an accredited learning facility in Oakland. This higher learning institute offers a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field.
Samuel Merritt University, 370 Hawthorne Avenue, Oakland California 94609