Those that have the necessary skills and background should consider an Occupational Therapist career. A high school education along with college training is a good basic background. The occupational therapist works closely with patients that have a disability. They guide the patient in learning to live independently and perform daily task without requiring assistance. For example, instructing patients on the proper way to use wheelchairs, braces, and eating tools. Therapist work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, offices, and other medical care facilities. Here is how to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Oakland, CA
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oakland, CA
The job outlook for occupational therapist is very promising. This is a great time to think about joining this career. However, training is required at a fully accredited learning institution. A fully accredited school is recognized by the state as an officially approved higher learning institution that covers the essential learning material for the career. Learning in those programs usually takes two to three years to complete and receive the bachelor’s or master’s degree. Some establishments are starting to request that those applying for positions in this health field have a doctorate.
After attending an accredited learning establishment, the candidate should take the certification exam. All of the states require that the new graduate take and pass the exam. This nationally recognized test is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists. Of course, it is essential to know the requirements for becoming certified and licensed before selecting a learning institute. This will save a lot of headaches and frustration over meeting requirements to take the license test.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oakland, CA
The national salary is approximately $75,400 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, the median salary for the person in this occupation in Oakland varies widely. There are a number of important factors to consider. For example, experience, education, medical facility, hours worked. Generally, salaries range from $76,730 to $106,552.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oakland, CA
Fortunately, there is an accredited learning facility in Oakland. This higher learning institute offers a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field.
Samuel Merritt University, 370 Hawthorne Avenue, Oakland California 94609