Those that have the necessary skills and background should consider an Occupational Therapist career. A high school education along with college training is a good basic background. The occupational therapist works closely with patients that have a disability. They guide the patient in learning to live independently and perform daily task without requiring assistance. For example, instructing patients on the proper way to use wheelchairs, braces, and eating tools. Therapist work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, offices, and other medical care facilities. Here is how to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Oakland, CA
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oakland, CA
The job outlook for occupational therapist is very promising. This is a great time to think about joining this career. However, training is required at a fully accredited learning institution. A fully accredited school is recognized by the state as an officially approved higher learning institution that covers the essential learning material for the career. Learning in those programs usually takes two to three years to complete and receive the bachelor’s or master’s degree. Some establishments are starting to request that those applying for positions in this health field have a doctorate.
After attending an accredited learning establishment, the candidate should take the certification exam. All of the states require that the new graduate take and pass the exam. This nationally recognized test is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists. Of course, it is essential to know the requirements for becoming certified and licensed before selecting a learning institute. This will save a lot of headaches and frustration over meeting requirements to take the license test.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oakland, CA
The national salary is approximately $75,400 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, the median salary for the person in this occupation in Oakland varies widely. There are a number of important factors to consider. For example, experience, education, medical facility, hours worked. Generally, salaries range from $76,730 to $106,552.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oakland, CA
Fortunately, there is an accredited learning facility in Oakland. This higher learning institute offers a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field.
Samuel Merritt University, 370 Hawthorne Avenue, Oakland California 94609