Those that have the necessary skills and background should consider an Occupational Therapist career. A high school education along with college training is a good basic background. The occupational therapist works closely with patients that have a disability. They guide the patient in learning to live independently and perform daily task without requiring assistance. For example, instructing patients on the proper way to use wheelchairs, braces, and eating tools. Therapist work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, offices, and other medical care facilities. Here is how to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Oakland, CA
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Substance Abuse
- Alcohol & Drug Counseling Studies
- Online Alcohol & Drug Counseling Studies
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
- Master of Arts in Sport Psychology – Clinical PsyD Dual Degree
- Drug & Alcohol Treatment Specialist
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSEd: Mental Health Counseling
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Clinical Psychology
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oakland, CA
The job outlook for occupational therapist is very promising. This is a great time to think about joining this career. However, training is required at a fully accredited learning institution. A fully accredited school is recognized by the state as an officially approved higher learning institution that covers the essential learning material for the career. Learning in those programs usually takes two to three years to complete and receive the bachelor’s or master’s degree. Some establishments are starting to request that those applying for positions in this health field have a doctorate.
After attending an accredited learning establishment, the candidate should take the certification exam. All of the states require that the new graduate take and pass the exam. This nationally recognized test is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists. Of course, it is essential to know the requirements for becoming certified and licensed before selecting a learning institute. This will save a lot of headaches and frustration over meeting requirements to take the license test.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oakland, CA
The national salary is approximately $75,400 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, the median salary for the person in this occupation in Oakland varies widely. There are a number of important factors to consider. For example, experience, education, medical facility, hours worked. Generally, salaries range from $76,730 to $106,552.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oakland, CA
Fortunately, there is an accredited learning facility in Oakland. This higher learning institute offers a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field.
Samuel Merritt University, 370 Hawthorne Avenue, Oakland California 94609