Those that have the necessary skills and background should consider an Occupational Therapist career. A high school education along with college training is a good basic background. The occupational therapist works closely with patients that have a disability. They guide the patient in learning to live independently and perform daily task without requiring assistance. For example, instructing patients on the proper way to use wheelchairs, braces, and eating tools. Therapist work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, offices, and other medical care facilities. Here is how to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Oakland, CA
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Oakland, CA
The job outlook for occupational therapist is very promising. This is a great time to think about joining this career. However, training is required at a fully accredited learning institution. A fully accredited school is recognized by the state as an officially approved higher learning institution that covers the essential learning material for the career. Learning in those programs usually takes two to three years to complete and receive the bachelor’s or master’s degree. Some establishments are starting to request that those applying for positions in this health field have a doctorate.
After attending an accredited learning establishment, the candidate should take the certification exam. All of the states require that the new graduate take and pass the exam. This nationally recognized test is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists. Of course, it is essential to know the requirements for becoming certified and licensed before selecting a learning institute. This will save a lot of headaches and frustration over meeting requirements to take the license test.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Oakland, CA
The national salary is approximately $75,400 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, the median salary for the person in this occupation in Oakland varies widely. There are a number of important factors to consider. For example, experience, education, medical facility, hours worked. Generally, salaries range from $76,730 to $106,552.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Oakland, CA
Fortunately, there is an accredited learning facility in Oakland. This higher learning institute offers a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field.
Samuel Merritt University, 370 Hawthorne Avenue, Oakland California 94609