If one lives in the state of North Carolina, there are a lot of opportunities in the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, one will be able to find all the information that they need in order to be able to enter into this particular field and build up their professional career.
List of Elite Programs in North Carolina
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Currently, there are a total of eight different schools that are accredited to administer occupational therapy degrees. They range throughout the state, and they all offer a unique experience to their students to make becoming a professional Occupational Therapist simplier.
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Cape Fear Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pitt Community College
- Winston-Salem State University
Occupational Therapy Certification in North Carolina
The North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is in charge of determining if a graduate is worthy enough to become a licensed Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy Assistant, within the state. Upon graduating, the graduate will need to contact this board in order to go through the license verification process, and it is important that even after gaining their license, they follow the strict guidelines that are told them in order to keep their license from being revoked at any time during their practice.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in North Carolina
When it comes to an occupational therapist’s salary, there are a lot of factors that go into this figure. Where their practice is located, the type of degree that they have, and the years of experience in the field that they have are just a few of the things that are important. On average, an occupational therapist, in the state of North Carolina, will make around $53k a year, depending on all of the factors surrounding their particular practice and schooling.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in North Carolina
Luckily, residents of North Carolina will never have to venture out of their state to complete their education. Below, one can find the three different types of degrees that are offered at various campuses throughout the state of North Carolina that will assist in becoming a professional Occupational Therapist.
- Associate’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in North Carolina
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|East Carolina University|
Occupational Therapy Department
School of Allied Health Sciences
|Greenville||(252) 744-6199||3305 Health Sciences|
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
School of Occupational Therapy
College of Health Sciences
|Hickory||(828) 328-7300||LR Box 7547|
Hickory, NC 28603-7547
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
Division of Occupational Science
Department of Allied Health Sciences, School of Medicine
|Chapel Hill||(919) 966-2451||Bondurant Hall, Suite 2050, CB#7122|
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7122
|Winston-Salem State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Winston-Salem||(336) 750-3170||430 F.L. Atkins|
601 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110-0003