If one lives in the state of North Carolina, there are a lot of opportunities in the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, one will be able to find all the information that they need in order to be able to enter into this particular field and build up their professional career.
List of Elite Programs in North Carolina
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Substance Abuse
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- AS Occupational Therapy Assistant
- BS Health Science (Post PTA)
- AAS Physical Therapist Assistant
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Sports Counseling (Certificate) - Online
Currently, there are a total of eight different schools that are accredited to administer occupational therapy degrees. They range throughout the state, and they all offer a unique experience to their students to make becoming a professional Occupational Therapist simplier.
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Cape Fear Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pitt Community College
- Winston-Salem State University
Occupational Therapy Certification in North Carolina
The North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is in charge of determining if a graduate is worthy enough to become a licensed Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy Assistant, within the state. Upon graduating, the graduate will need to contact this board in order to go through the license verification process, and it is important that even after gaining their license, they follow the strict guidelines that are told them in order to keep their license from being revoked at any time during their practice.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in North Carolina
When it comes to an occupational therapist’s salary, there are a lot of factors that go into this figure. Where their practice is located, the type of degree that they have, and the years of experience in the field that they have are just a few of the things that are important. On average, an occupational therapist, in the state of North Carolina, will make around $53k a year, depending on all of the factors surrounding their particular practice and schooling.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in North Carolina
Luckily, residents of North Carolina will never have to venture out of their state to complete their education. Below, one can find the three different types of degrees that are offered at various campuses throughout the state of North Carolina that will assist in becoming a professional Occupational Therapist.
- Associate’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in North Carolina
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|East Carolina University|
Occupational Therapy Department
School of Allied Health Sciences
|Greenville||(252) 744-6199||3305 Health Sciences|
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
School of Occupational Therapy
College of Health Sciences
|Hickory||(828) 328-7300||LR Box 7547|
Hickory, NC 28603-7547
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
Division of Occupational Science
Department of Allied Health Sciences, School of Medicine
|Chapel Hill||(919) 966-2451||Bondurant Hall, Suite 2050, CB#7122|
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7122
|Winston-Salem State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Winston-Salem||(336) 750-3170||430 F.L. Atkins|
601 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110-0003