If one lives in the state of North Carolina, there are a lot of opportunities in the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, one will be able to find all the information that they need in order to be able to enter into this particular field and build up their professional career.
List of Elite Programs in North Carolina
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Massage Therapy Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Currently, there are a total of eight different schools that are accredited to administer occupational therapy degrees. They range throughout the state, and they all offer a unique experience to their students to make becoming a professional Occupational Therapist simplier.
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Cape Fear Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pitt Community College
- Winston-Salem State University
Occupational Therapy Certification in North Carolina
The North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is in charge of determining if a graduate is worthy enough to become a licensed Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy Assistant, within the state. Upon graduating, the graduate will need to contact this board in order to go through the license verification process, and it is important that even after gaining their license, they follow the strict guidelines that are told them in order to keep their license from being revoked at any time during their practice.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in North Carolina
When it comes to an occupational therapist’s salary, there are a lot of factors that go into this figure. Where their practice is located, the type of degree that they have, and the years of experience in the field that they have are just a few of the things that are important. On average, an occupational therapist, in the state of North Carolina, will make around $53k a year, depending on all of the factors surrounding their particular practice and schooling.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in North Carolina
Luckily, residents of North Carolina will never have to venture out of their state to complete their education. Below, one can find the three different types of degrees that are offered at various campuses throughout the state of North Carolina that will assist in becoming a professional Occupational Therapist.
- Associate’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in North Carolina
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|East Carolina University|
Occupational Therapy Department
School of Allied Health Sciences
|Greenville||(252) 744-6199||3305 Health Sciences|
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
School of Occupational Therapy
College of Health Sciences
|Hickory||(828) 328-7300||LR Box 7547|
Hickory, NC 28603-7547
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
Division of Occupational Science
Department of Allied Health Sciences, School of Medicine
|Chapel Hill||(919) 966-2451||Bondurant Hall, Suite 2050, CB#7122|
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7122
|Winston-Salem State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Winston-Salem||(336) 750-3170||430 F.L. Atkins|
601 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110-0003