If one lives in the state of North Carolina, there are a lot of opportunities in the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, one will be able to find all the information that they need in order to be able to enter into this particular field and build up their professional career.
List of Elite Programs in North Carolina
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
- Associate of Applied Science Physical Therapist Assistant
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Currently, there are a total of eight different schools that are accredited to administer occupational therapy degrees. They range throughout the state, and they all offer a unique experience to their students to make becoming a professional Occupational Therapist simplier.
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Cape Fear Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pitt Community College
- Winston-Salem State University
Occupational Therapy Certification in North Carolina
The North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is in charge of determining if a graduate is worthy enough to become a licensed Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy Assistant, within the state. Upon graduating, the graduate will need to contact this board in order to go through the license verification process, and it is important that even after gaining their license, they follow the strict guidelines that are told them in order to keep their license from being revoked at any time during their practice.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in North Carolina
When it comes to an occupational therapist’s salary, there are a lot of factors that go into this figure. Where their practice is located, the type of degree that they have, and the years of experience in the field that they have are just a few of the things that are important. On average, an occupational therapist, in the state of North Carolina, will make around $53k a year, depending on all of the factors surrounding their particular practice and schooling.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in North Carolina
Luckily, residents of North Carolina will never have to venture out of their state to complete their education. Below, one can find the three different types of degrees that are offered at various campuses throughout the state of North Carolina that will assist in becoming a professional Occupational Therapist.
- Associate’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in North Carolina
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|East Carolina University|
Occupational Therapy Department
School of Allied Health Sciences
|Greenville||(252) 744-6199||3305 Health Sciences|
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
School of Occupational Therapy
College of Health Sciences
|Hickory||(828) 328-7300||LR Box 7547|
Hickory, NC 28603-7547
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
Division of Occupational Science
Department of Allied Health Sciences, School of Medicine
|Chapel Hill||(919) 966-2451||Bondurant Hall, Suite 2050, CB#7122|
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7122
|Winston-Salem State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Winston-Salem||(336) 750-3170||430 F.L. Atkins|
601 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110-0003