Within the health care community, occupational therapists are valued professionals. As a result of their training and skills, thousands of disabled children and adults are better able to participate in life. When injured or disabled, people can directly benefit from their professional help and knowledge. Occupational therapists are expected to have strong communication and reasoning skills, and be able to listen and solve problems effectively.
List of Elite Programs in New York City, NY
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.S. in Addiction Counseling
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in New York City, NY
- Genesee Community College – The Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). Students can develop thinking skills gain access to the most recent technology governing the field.
- Ithaca College – Ithaca College offers a B.S. and an M.S. degree in occupational therapy, clinical fieldwork, and in-depth anatomy coursework are core elements of the program.
For those hoping to practice occupational therapy in the state of New York, certain requirements apply. They will have needed to graduate from an accredited school, be a U.S. citizen, provide proof of citizenship, have a valid social security number, and pass a federal background check. A passing grade of the NBCOT exam is required as well.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in New York City, NY
According to CareerOneStop, occupational therapist in New York earned a salary between $51,000 and $110,000 in 2013. Salary ranges can be a result of local economic conditions, education, experience, and personal work ethic. The job outlook for occupational therapists nationwide looks bright. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Outlook Occupational Handbook, employment is expected to grow 29 percent from 2012 through 2022. This projection is much faster than the average for all occupations.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New York
Occupational therapy programs are likely to differ by school and curriculum. However, most programs will cover lifespan development, statistics, medical terminology, human anatomy, and prevention and disability. Occupational therapy can be a good career choice for anyone who likes working in a professional, health care environment. Many occupational therapists express the personal benefits derived in being able to help others lead a better qualify of life.