Within the health care community, occupational therapists are valued professionals. As a result of their training and skills, thousands of disabled children and adults are better able to participate in life. When injured or disabled, people can directly benefit from their professional help and knowledge. Occupational therapists are expected to have strong communication and reasoning skills, and be able to listen and solve problems effectively.
List of Elite Programs in New York City, NY
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in New York City, NY
- Genesee Community College – The Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). Students can develop thinking skills gain access to the most recent technology governing the field.
- Ithaca College – Ithaca College offers a B.S. and an M.S. degree in occupational therapy, clinical fieldwork, and in-depth anatomy coursework are core elements of the program.
For those hoping to practice occupational therapy in the state of New York, certain requirements apply. They will have needed to graduate from an accredited school, be a U.S. citizen, provide proof of citizenship, have a valid social security number, and pass a federal background check. A passing grade of the NBCOT exam is required as well.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in New York City, NY
According to CareerOneStop, occupational therapist in New York earned a salary between $51,000 and $110,000 in 2013. Salary ranges can be a result of local economic conditions, education, experience, and personal work ethic. The job outlook for occupational therapists nationwide looks bright. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Outlook Occupational Handbook, employment is expected to grow 29 percent from 2012 through 2022. This projection is much faster than the average for all occupations.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New York
Occupational therapy programs are likely to differ by school and curriculum. However, most programs will cover lifespan development, statistics, medical terminology, human anatomy, and prevention and disability. Occupational therapy can be a good career choice for anyone who likes working in a professional, health care environment. Many occupational therapists express the personal benefits derived in being able to help others lead a better qualify of life.