Within the health care community, occupational therapists are valued professionals. As a result of their training and skills, thousands of disabled children and adults are better able to participate in life. When injured or disabled, people can directly benefit from their professional help and knowledge. Occupational therapists are expected to have strong communication and reasoning skills, and be able to listen and solve problems effectively.
List of Elite Programs in New York City, NY
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Christian Counseling of Substance Abuse and Addictive Disorders
- M.S. in Addiction Counseling
- B.S. in Counseling with an Emphasis in Addiction, Chemical Dependency, and Substance Abuse
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Substance Abuse
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Founded in 1890, the NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development is dedicated to educating students for social change both at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The School offers programs on campus and online in fields such as applied psychology, education, health, media, music, and art. All programs are led by expert faculty who encourage students to pursue knowledge and skills both inside and outside the classroom.
The [email protected] online program from NYU Steinhardt confers a master of arts in Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness degree. The [email protected] program is accredited by the Masters in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) under the Masters in Counseling Accreditation Committee (MCAC) standards.
- Master of Mental Health Counseling
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSEd: Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in New York City, NY
- Genesee Community College – The Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). Students can develop thinking skills gain access to the most recent technology governing the field.
- Ithaca College – Ithaca College offers a B.S. and an M.S. degree in occupational therapy, clinical fieldwork, and in-depth anatomy coursework are core elements of the program.
For those hoping to practice occupational therapy in the state of New York, certain requirements apply. They will have needed to graduate from an accredited school, be a U.S. citizen, provide proof of citizenship, have a valid social security number, and pass a federal background check. A passing grade of the NBCOT exam is required as well.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in New York City, NY
According to CareerOneStop, occupational therapist in New York earned a salary between $51,000 and $110,000 in 2013. Salary ranges can be a result of local economic conditions, education, experience, and personal work ethic. The job outlook for occupational therapists nationwide looks bright. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Outlook Occupational Handbook, employment is expected to grow 29 percent from 2012 through 2022. This projection is much faster than the average for all occupations.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New York
Occupational therapy programs are likely to differ by school and curriculum. However, most programs will cover lifespan development, statistics, medical terminology, human anatomy, and prevention and disability. Occupational therapy can be a good career choice for anyone who likes working in a professional, health care environment. Many occupational therapists express the personal benefits derived in being able to help others lead a better qualify of life.