Within the health care community, occupational therapists are valued professionals. As a result of their training and skills, thousands of disabled children and adults are better able to participate in life. When injured or disabled, people can directly benefit from their professional help and knowledge. Occupational therapists are expected to have strong communication and reasoning skills, and be able to listen and solve problems effectively.
List of Elite Programs in New York City, NY
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.S. in Addiction Counseling
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in New York City, NY
- Genesee Community College – The Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). Students can develop thinking skills gain access to the most recent technology governing the field.
- Ithaca College – Ithaca College offers a B.S. and an M.S. degree in occupational therapy, clinical fieldwork, and in-depth anatomy coursework are core elements of the program.
For those hoping to practice occupational therapy in the state of New York, certain requirements apply. They will have needed to graduate from an accredited school, be a U.S. citizen, provide proof of citizenship, have a valid social security number, and pass a federal background check. A passing grade of the NBCOT exam is required as well.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in New York City, NY
According to CareerOneStop, occupational therapist in New York earned a salary between $51,000 and $110,000 in 2013. Salary ranges can be a result of local economic conditions, education, experience, and personal work ethic. The job outlook for occupational therapists nationwide looks bright. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Outlook Occupational Handbook, employment is expected to grow 29 percent from 2012 through 2022. This projection is much faster than the average for all occupations.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New York
Occupational therapy programs are likely to differ by school and curriculum. However, most programs will cover lifespan development, statistics, medical terminology, human anatomy, and prevention and disability. Occupational therapy can be a good career choice for anyone who likes working in a professional, health care environment. Many occupational therapists express the personal benefits derived in being able to help others lead a better qualify of life.