Education is an important part of everyone’s life. Below, residents of New Mexico will be able to find all the information that is needed in order to become a licensed Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant within their state.
List of Elite Programs in New Mexico
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
Choosing a college is one of the most important things that anyone who wishes to become a professional can do. One needs to make sure that the college they have chosen will allow them to achieve all of their professional ambitions. Below, one will find a list of the four different accredited schools in the state of New Mexico that offer some sort of degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Eastern New Mexico University – Roswell Campus
- University of New Mexico – Main Campus
- Western New Mexico University
- Brown Mackie College – Albuquerque
Occupational Therapy Certification in New Mexico
In the state of New Mexico, one must obtain a license through the Board of Examiners for Occupational Therapy in order to practice anywhere in the state in this field. There are a lot of stipulations that one must think of when going into this field, but once obtaining a license from this board, one will be able to practice anywhere in the state as a licensed Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in New Mexico
According to recent statistics, the average pay for an Occupational Therapist is generally higher than other professions in the field. On average, an Occupational Therapist in the state of New Mexico will generally start out making around $51K a year. This has to deal with a lot of different factors. For instance, the location of an occupational therapists practice could make this amount increase or decrease.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Mexico
Currently, there are only two types of degrees that one can pursue in the Occupational therapy field in the state of New Mexico. Depending on where one wishes to practice, either of these degrees will allow one to practice as an occupational therapist within the state of New Mexico.
- Associate’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training in New Mexico
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|University of New Mexico|
Occupational Therapy Program
Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine
|Albuquerque||(505) 272-1753||MSC 09 5240, 1 University of New Mexico|
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
|Western New Mexico University|
Master’s of Occupational Therapy Program
|Silver City||(575) 574-5170||PO Box 680|
Silver City, NM 88062-0680