Education is an important part of everyone’s life. Below, residents of New Mexico will be able to find all the information that is needed in order to become a licensed Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant within their state.
List of Elite Programs in New Mexico
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Choosing a college is one of the most important things that anyone who wishes to become a professional can do. One needs to make sure that the college they have chosen will allow them to achieve all of their professional ambitions. Below, one will find a list of the four different accredited schools in the state of New Mexico that offer some sort of degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Eastern New Mexico University – Roswell Campus
- University of New Mexico – Main Campus
- Western New Mexico University
- Brown Mackie College – Albuquerque
Occupational Therapy Certification in New Mexico
In the state of New Mexico, one must obtain a license through the Board of Examiners for Occupational Therapy in order to practice anywhere in the state in this field. There are a lot of stipulations that one must think of when going into this field, but once obtaining a license from this board, one will be able to practice anywhere in the state as a licensed Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in New Mexico
According to recent statistics, the average pay for an Occupational Therapist is generally higher than other professions in the field. On average, an Occupational Therapist in the state of New Mexico will generally start out making around $51K a year. This has to deal with a lot of different factors. For instance, the location of an occupational therapists practice could make this amount increase or decrease.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Mexico
Currently, there are only two types of degrees that one can pursue in the Occupational therapy field in the state of New Mexico. Depending on where one wishes to practice, either of these degrees will allow one to practice as an occupational therapist within the state of New Mexico.
- Associate’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training in New Mexico
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|University of New Mexico|
Occupational Therapy Program
Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine
|Albuquerque||(505) 272-1753||MSC 09 5240, 1 University of New Mexico|
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
|Western New Mexico University|
Master’s of Occupational Therapy Program
|Silver City||(575) 574-5170||PO Box 680|
Silver City, NM 88062-0680