Occupational therapists assist in the rehabilitation of those who suffered injuries and illnesses that are debilitating. They also work with patients who are disabled. Through exercise and specialized activities, they help patients recover and improve skills to take care of themselves or work. They often consult with physicians and other types of therapists to develop an extensive plan of recovery for each patient.
List of Elite Programs in New Jersey
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The New Jersey Board of Occupational Therapy Practice requires a master’s degree and a license to practice professionally as an occupational therapist. Occupational therapy programs must be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. After successful completion of an accredited educational program, you must pass an exam administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists. Those who pass the exam must submit and application to the Occupational Therapy Advisory Council to earn an occupational therapy license and become registered.
Occupational Therapy Certification in New Jersey
There are a variety of occupational therapy certifications available to become certified in a specialty area. Some occupational therapy classes can be done online for certification, as well as continuing education to maintain a license. Occupational therapy training to become certified in a specialty area includes gerontology, mental health, pediatrics and physical rehabilitation. Further specialization includes driving and community mobility in gerontology, environmental modification in mental health, feeding, eating and swallowing in pediatrics, low vision in physical rehabilitation, and school systems in physical rehabilitation.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in New Jersey
Like other health care occupations, especially those in therapy, occupational therapy jobs are expected to increase about 29 percent through the year 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is due to an increase in the baby-boomer population, who will continue to age during that timeframe. They’ll require more medical procedures and therapy to deal with arthritis, diseases related to loss of memory and other debilitating illnesses. The average salary in New Jersey was $77,890 or $37.45 per hour in 2013.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Jersey
Accredited programs in occupational therapy include Kean University in Hillside, New Jersey, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey in Galloway, New Jersey and Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. All of these programs offer a master’s degree in occupational therapy.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in New Jersey
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(908) 737-5850||Nathan Weiss Graduate College|
215 North Avenue, EC Room 224
Hillside, NJ 07205
|Richard Stockton College of New Jersey|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Galloway||(609) 626-3640||School of Health Sciences|
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205
|Seton Hall University|
Occupational Therapy Department
|South Orange||(973) 761-7145||McQuaid Hall|
400 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079-2689