Occupational therapists assist in the rehabilitation of those who suffered injuries and illnesses that are debilitating. They also work with patients who are disabled. Through exercise and specialized activities, they help patients recover and improve skills to take care of themselves or work. They often consult with physicians and other types of therapists to develop an extensive plan of recovery for each patient.
List of Elite Programs in New Jersey
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The New Jersey Board of Occupational Therapy Practice requires a master’s degree and a license to practice professionally as an occupational therapist. Occupational therapy programs must be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. After successful completion of an accredited educational program, you must pass an exam administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists. Those who pass the exam must submit and application to the Occupational Therapy Advisory Council to earn an occupational therapy license and become registered.
Occupational Therapy Certification in New Jersey
There are a variety of occupational therapy certifications available to become certified in a specialty area. Some occupational therapy classes can be done online for certification, as well as continuing education to maintain a license. Occupational therapy training to become certified in a specialty area includes gerontology, mental health, pediatrics and physical rehabilitation. Further specialization includes driving and community mobility in gerontology, environmental modification in mental health, feeding, eating and swallowing in pediatrics, low vision in physical rehabilitation, and school systems in physical rehabilitation.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in New Jersey
Like other health care occupations, especially those in therapy, occupational therapy jobs are expected to increase about 29 percent through the year 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is due to an increase in the baby-boomer population, who will continue to age during that timeframe. They’ll require more medical procedures and therapy to deal with arthritis, diseases related to loss of memory and other debilitating illnesses. The average salary in New Jersey was $77,890 or $37.45 per hour in 2013.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Jersey
Accredited programs in occupational therapy include Kean University in Hillside, New Jersey, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey in Galloway, New Jersey and Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. All of these programs offer a master’s degree in occupational therapy.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in New Jersey
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(908) 737-5850||Nathan Weiss Graduate College|
215 North Avenue, EC Room 224
Hillside, NJ 07205
|Richard Stockton College of New Jersey|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Galloway||(609) 626-3640||School of Health Sciences|
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205
|Seton Hall University|
Occupational Therapy Department
|South Orange||(973) 761-7145||McQuaid Hall|
400 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079-2689