Occupational therapists assist in the rehabilitation of those who suffered injuries and illnesses that are debilitating. They also work with patients who are disabled. Through exercise and specialized activities, they help patients recover and improve skills to take care of themselves or work. They often consult with physicians and other types of therapists to develop an extensive plan of recovery for each patient.
List of Elite Programs in New Jersey
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
The New Jersey Board of Occupational Therapy Practice requires a master’s degree and a license to practice professionally as an occupational therapist. Occupational therapy programs must be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. After successful completion of an accredited educational program, you must pass an exam administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists. Those who pass the exam must submit and application to the Occupational Therapy Advisory Council to earn an occupational therapy license and become registered.
Occupational Therapy Certification in New Jersey
There are a variety of occupational therapy certifications available to become certified in a specialty area. Some occupational therapy classes can be done online for certification, as well as continuing education to maintain a license. Occupational therapy training to become certified in a specialty area includes gerontology, mental health, pediatrics and physical rehabilitation. Further specialization includes driving and community mobility in gerontology, environmental modification in mental health, feeding, eating and swallowing in pediatrics, low vision in physical rehabilitation, and school systems in physical rehabilitation.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in New Jersey
Like other health care occupations, especially those in therapy, occupational therapy jobs are expected to increase about 29 percent through the year 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is due to an increase in the baby-boomer population, who will continue to age during that timeframe. They’ll require more medical procedures and therapy to deal with arthritis, diseases related to loss of memory and other debilitating illnesses. The average salary in New Jersey was $77,890 or $37.45 per hour in 2013.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Jersey
Accredited programs in occupational therapy include Kean University in Hillside, New Jersey, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey in Galloway, New Jersey and Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. All of these programs offer a master’s degree in occupational therapy.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in New Jersey
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(908) 737-5850||Nathan Weiss Graduate College|
215 North Avenue, EC Room 224
Hillside, NJ 07205
|Richard Stockton College of New Jersey|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Galloway||(609) 626-3640||School of Health Sciences|
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205
|Seton Hall University|
Occupational Therapy Department
|South Orange||(973) 761-7145||McQuaid Hall|
400 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079-2689