Occupational therapists assist in the rehabilitation of those who suffered injuries and illnesses that are debilitating. They also work with patients who are disabled. Through exercise and specialized activities, they help patients recover and improve skills to take care of themselves or work. They often consult with physicians and other types of therapists to develop an extensive plan of recovery for each patient.
List of Elite Programs in New Jersey
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
The New Jersey Board of Occupational Therapy Practice requires a master’s degree and a license to practice professionally as an occupational therapist. Occupational therapy programs must be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. After successful completion of an accredited educational program, you must pass an exam administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists. Those who pass the exam must submit and application to the Occupational Therapy Advisory Council to earn an occupational therapy license and become registered.
Occupational Therapy Certification in New Jersey
There are a variety of occupational therapy certifications available to become certified in a specialty area. Some occupational therapy classes can be done online for certification, as well as continuing education to maintain a license. Occupational therapy training to become certified in a specialty area includes gerontology, mental health, pediatrics and physical rehabilitation. Further specialization includes driving and community mobility in gerontology, environmental modification in mental health, feeding, eating and swallowing in pediatrics, low vision in physical rehabilitation, and school systems in physical rehabilitation.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in New Jersey
Like other health care occupations, especially those in therapy, occupational therapy jobs are expected to increase about 29 percent through the year 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is due to an increase in the baby-boomer population, who will continue to age during that timeframe. They’ll require more medical procedures and therapy to deal with arthritis, diseases related to loss of memory and other debilitating illnesses. The average salary in New Jersey was $77,890 or $37.45 per hour in 2013.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Jersey
Accredited programs in occupational therapy include Kean University in Hillside, New Jersey, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey in Galloway, New Jersey and Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. All of these programs offer a master’s degree in occupational therapy.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in New Jersey
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(908) 737-5850||Nathan Weiss Graduate College|
215 North Avenue, EC Room 224
Hillside, NJ 07205
|Richard Stockton College of New Jersey|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Galloway||(609) 626-3640||School of Health Sciences|
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205
|Seton Hall University|
Occupational Therapy Department
|South Orange||(973) 761-7145||McQuaid Hall|
400 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079-2689