Deciding which occupational path you will pursue is an important life practice because it almost always plays a key role in precipitating your sense of personal self-efficacy and professional advancement. With that idea in mind, New Hampshire residents who know they want to work in the field of occupational therapy should get their careers off to a great start by learning about educational options, certification requirements, and salary expectations. To gain all this information and more, review the outline we’ve offered below:
List of Elite Programs in New Hampshire
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Addiction Counseling
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
You may be wondering why attending an occupational therapy school that is accredited is important. The reason is simple. Accredited institutions conform to substantive guidelines designed to ensure that educational facilities are offering students relevant, helpful courses that truly prepare them to excel in their chosen path. After you’ve found several New Hampshire schools that are accredited, it’s important for you to attain as much information about them as possible. There are several ways you can accomplish this objective, including by requesting informational brochures that detail class offerings and training guidelines. You can also schedule a campus tour or do internet research to find out more about the occupational therapy program’s online reputation.
Occupational Therapy Certification in New Hampshire
If you want to practice occupational therapy in the state of New Hampshire, it’s important that you attain licensure. To earn your license from the state’s Occupational Therapy Governing Board, you must successfuly finish an occupational therapy program that has been approved by the ACOTE. You can also obtain certification from the NBCOT. You will also be required to finish a minimum of six months of fieldwork under supervision. You will also need to renew your license each two years, and therefore you must meet the state’s outlined continuing education requirements.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in New Hampshire
Learning as much as possible about salary rates within the field of occupational therapy will help you make a knowledgeable decision regarding whether this is the right vocational path for you. With that thought in mind, it’s important to note that occupational therapists who work in New Hampshire earn an average annual salary of $85,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Hampshire
- River Valley Community College
- University of New Hampshire-Main Campus
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in New Hampshire
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Numbers||Street Address||Website|
|University of New Hampshire|
Occupational Therapy Department
College of Health and Human Services
|Durham||(603) 862-2167||Hewitt Hall, 4 Library Way|
Durham, NH 03824-3563