Occupational therapy is an important profession in the health care field. There is important training, certification, and classes that need to be completed in order to be ready to serve those in need of occupational therapy. In Nebraska, there are some options that will lead to the accomplishment of these goals. Occupational Therapy colleges must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered accredited academic programs.
List of Elite Programs in Nebraska
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The state of Nebraska is home to one of top rated Occupational Therapy Master programs in the entire country. Creighton University in Omaha, NE, is an excellent school that will prepare students for Occupational Therapy tests and licensure through classes and training by certified instructors. There are other accredited colleges in the state.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Nebraska
In order to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Nebraska, one must start with a bachelor’s degree (preferably in a health related field), and then be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After graduating from the program, you will need to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license at the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. This process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in Nebraska
In April 2013, Occupational Therapists working in Nebraska earned an average of $69,000. In Nebraska there are many hospital settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are also jobs available in private practice and educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary depending on whether employment is found in a public or private sector.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Nebraska
Besides the excellent program at Creighton University, there are 2 other accredited programs. One is at Concordia University in Seward, Nebraska, and the other is at the College of St. Mary in Omaha.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist is an important decision. It requires challenging courses and years of dedication. Choosing the right program is the important first step so research into potential colleges is essential. The state of Nebraska offers several options for those willing to accept the academic challenge.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Nebraska
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Numbers||Street Address||Website|
|College of Saint Mary|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Omaha||(402) 399-2317 or (800) 926-5534||7000 Mercy Road|
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
|Omaha||(800) 325-2830 or (402) 280-5938||2500 California Plaza|
Omaha, NE 68178-0259