Occupational therapy is an important profession in the health care field. There is important training, certification, and classes that need to be completed in order to be ready to serve those in need of occupational therapy. In Nebraska, there are some options that will lead to the accomplishment of these goals. Occupational Therapy colleges must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered accredited academic programs.
List of Elite Programs in Nebraska
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The state of Nebraska is home to one of top rated Occupational Therapy Master programs in the entire country. Creighton University in Omaha, NE, is an excellent school that will prepare students for Occupational Therapy tests and licensure through classes and training by certified instructors. There are other accredited colleges in the state.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Nebraska
In order to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Nebraska, one must start with a bachelor’s degree (preferably in a health related field), and then be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After graduating from the program, you will need to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license at the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. This process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in Nebraska
In April 2013, Occupational Therapists working in Nebraska earned an average of $69,000. In Nebraska there are many hospital settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are also jobs available in private practice and educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary depending on whether employment is found in a public or private sector.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Nebraska
Besides the excellent program at Creighton University, there are 2 other accredited programs. One is at Concordia University in Seward, Nebraska, and the other is at the College of St. Mary in Omaha.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist is an important decision. It requires challenging courses and years of dedication. Choosing the right program is the important first step so research into potential colleges is essential. The state of Nebraska offers several options for those willing to accept the academic challenge.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Nebraska
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Numbers||Street Address||Website|
|College of Saint Mary|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Omaha||(402) 399-2317 or (800) 926-5534||7000 Mercy Road|
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
|Omaha||(800) 325-2830 or (402) 280-5938||2500 California Plaza|
Omaha, NE 68178-0259