Occupational therapy is an important profession in the health care field. There is important training, certification, and classes that need to be completed in order to be ready to serve those in need of occupational therapy. In Nebraska, there are some options that will lead to the accomplishment of these goals. Occupational Therapy colleges must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered accredited academic programs.
List of Elite Programs in Nebraska
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling
- And more...
The state of Nebraska is home to one of top rated Occupational Therapy Master programs in the entire country. Creighton University in Omaha, NE, is an excellent school that will prepare students for Occupational Therapy tests and licensure through classes and training by certified instructors. There are other accredited colleges in the state.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Nebraska
In order to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Nebraska, one must start with a bachelor’s degree (preferably in a health related field), and then be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After graduating from the program, you will need to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license at the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. This process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in Nebraska
In April 2013, Occupational Therapists working in Nebraska earned an average of $69,000. In Nebraska there are many hospital settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are also jobs available in private practice and educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary depending on whether employment is found in a public or private sector.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Nebraska
Besides the excellent program at Creighton University, there are 2 other accredited programs. One is at Concordia University in Seward, Nebraska, and the other is at the College of St. Mary in Omaha.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist is an important decision. It requires challenging courses and years of dedication. Choosing the right program is the important first step so research into potential colleges is essential. The state of Nebraska offers several options for those willing to accept the academic challenge.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Nebraska
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Numbers||Street Address||Website|
|College of Saint Mary|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Omaha||(402) 399-2317 or (800) 926-5534||7000 Mercy Road|
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
|Omaha||(800) 325-2830 or (402) 280-5938||2500 California Plaza|
Omaha, NE 68178-0259