Occupational therapy is an important profession in the health care field. There is important training, certification, and classes that need to be completed in order to be ready to serve those in need of occupational therapy. In Nebraska, there are some options that will lead to the accomplishment of these goals. Occupational Therapy colleges must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered accredited academic programs.
List of Elite Programs in Nebraska
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
The state of Nebraska is home to one of top rated Occupational Therapy Master programs in the entire country. Creighton University in Omaha, NE, is an excellent school that will prepare students for Occupational Therapy tests and licensure through classes and training by certified instructors. There are other accredited colleges in the state.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Nebraska
In order to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Nebraska, one must start with a bachelor’s degree (preferably in a health related field), and then be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After graduating from the program, you will need to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license at the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. This process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in Nebraska
In April 2013, Occupational Therapists working in Nebraska earned an average of $69,000. In Nebraska there are many hospital settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are also jobs available in private practice and educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary depending on whether employment is found in a public or private sector.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Nebraska
Besides the excellent program at Creighton University, there are 2 other accredited programs. One is at Concordia University in Seward, Nebraska, and the other is at the College of St. Mary in Omaha.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist is an important decision. It requires challenging courses and years of dedication. Choosing the right program is the important first step so research into potential colleges is essential. The state of Nebraska offers several options for those willing to accept the academic challenge.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Nebraska
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Numbers||Street Address||Website|
|College of Saint Mary|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Omaha||(402) 399-2317 or (800) 926-5534||7000 Mercy Road|
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
|Omaha||(800) 325-2830 or (402) 280-5938||2500 California Plaza|
Omaha, NE 68178-0259