Occupational therapy is an important profession in the health care field. There is important training, certification, and classes that need to be completed in order to be ready to serve those in need of occupational therapy. In Nebraska, there are some options that will lead to the accomplishment of these goals. Occupational Therapy colleges must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered accredited academic programs.
List of Elite Programs in Nebraska
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
The state of Nebraska is home to one of top rated Occupational Therapy Master programs in the entire country. Creighton University in Omaha, NE, is an excellent school that will prepare students for Occupational Therapy tests and licensure through classes and training by certified instructors. There are other accredited colleges in the state.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Nebraska
In order to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Nebraska, one must start with a bachelor’s degree (preferably in a health related field), and then be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. After graduating from the program, you will need to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license at the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. This process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapists in Nebraska
In April 2013, Occupational Therapists working in Nebraska earned an average of $69,000. In Nebraska there are many hospital settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are also jobs available in private practice and educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary depending on whether employment is found in a public or private sector.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Nebraska
Besides the excellent program at Creighton University, there are 2 other accredited programs. One is at Concordia University in Seward, Nebraska, and the other is at the College of St. Mary in Omaha.
Becoming an Occupational Therapist is an important decision. It requires challenging courses and years of dedication. Choosing the right program is the important first step so research into potential colleges is essential. The state of Nebraska offers several options for those willing to accept the academic challenge.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Nebraska
|Occupational Training Centers||City||Phone Numbers||Street Address||Website|
|College of Saint Mary|
Occupational Therapy Program
|Omaha||(402) 399-2317 or (800) 926-5534||7000 Mercy Road|
Omaha, NE 68106-2606
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
|Omaha||(800) 325-2830 or (402) 280-5938||2500 California Plaza|
Omaha, NE 68178-0259