Looking for a rewarding way to both make a living and help others? A career in occupational therapy might be for you! Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants help people of all ages improve their skills in everything from cognitive development to fine motor skills. Occupational therapy is a fast-growing field with many colleges offering the training you need to become fully licensed and certified.
List of Elite Programs in Nashville, TN
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Finding Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Nashville, Tennessee
Before enrolling at any occupational therapy school, be sure it is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) through their Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) program. Employers look for occupational therapists from accredited schools to ensure their employees are fully qualified to practice. There are currently 326 ACOTE-accredited occupational therapy programs in the United States for you to choose from.
The state of Tennessee requires all occupational therapists to be licensed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. After earning your degree in occupational therapy, you must pass the National Board Certification Examination as a final step towards certification and licensure. Many occupational therapy training programs offer excellent preparation for this exam, with an average passing rate of 95%-100% last year alone.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Nashville, Tennessee
Salaries vary from employer to employer, but according to the United States Department of Labor, you can expect to earn around $75,000 per year as a licensed occupational therapist. In Nashville, the average salary is between $70,000-$83,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Nashville Tennessee
You can find many ACOTE-accredited, quality occupational therapy schools and programs in the Nashville area. Belmont University offers a program for a degree in Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) as well as a doctoral program to earn your Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD). Tennessee State University offers a master’s-level program that includes the opportunity to take practicum courses offering hands-on experience in the field. Other schools can be found throughout Tennessee, including Memphis and Chattanooga. For those looking into a career as an occupational therapy assistant, Nashville State Community College offers a two-year program with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
Occupational therapists enjoy fulfilling and stimulating careers making a difference in the lives of others. Earn your certification today and become a part of this flourishing and highly gratifying field!