Looking for a rewarding way to both make a living and help others? A career in occupational therapy might be for you! Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants help people of all ages improve their skills in everything from cognitive development to fine motor skills. Occupational therapy is a fast-growing field with many colleges offering the training you need to become fully licensed and certified.
List of Elite Programs in Nashville, TN
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Finding Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Nashville, Tennessee
Before enrolling at any occupational therapy school, be sure it is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) through their Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) program. Employers look for occupational therapists from accredited schools to ensure their employees are fully qualified to practice. There are currently 326 ACOTE-accredited occupational therapy programs in the United States for you to choose from.
The state of Tennessee requires all occupational therapists to be licensed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. After earning your degree in occupational therapy, you must pass the National Board Certification Examination as a final step towards certification and licensure. Many occupational therapy training programs offer excellent preparation for this exam, with an average passing rate of 95%-100% last year alone.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Nashville, Tennessee
Salaries vary from employer to employer, but according to the United States Department of Labor, you can expect to earn around $75,000 per year as a licensed occupational therapist. In Nashville, the average salary is between $70,000-$83,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Nashville Tennessee
You can find many ACOTE-accredited, quality occupational therapy schools and programs in the Nashville area. Belmont University offers a program for a degree in Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) as well as a doctoral program to earn your Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD). Tennessee State University offers a master’s-level program that includes the opportunity to take practicum courses offering hands-on experience in the field. Other schools can be found throughout Tennessee, including Memphis and Chattanooga. For those looking into a career as an occupational therapy assistant, Nashville State Community College offers a two-year program with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
Occupational therapists enjoy fulfilling and stimulating careers making a difference in the lives of others. Earn your certification today and become a part of this flourishing and highly gratifying field!