Looking for a rewarding way to both make a living and help others? A career in occupational therapy might be for you! Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants help people of all ages improve their skills in everything from cognitive development to fine motor skills. Occupational therapy is a fast-growing field with many colleges offering the training you need to become fully licensed and certified.
List of Elite Programs in Nashville, TN
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Finding Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Nashville, Tennessee
Before enrolling at any occupational therapy school, be sure it is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) through their Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) program. Employers look for occupational therapists from accredited schools to ensure their employees are fully qualified to practice. There are currently 326 ACOTE-accredited occupational therapy programs in the United States for you to choose from.
The state of Tennessee requires all occupational therapists to be licensed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. After earning your degree in occupational therapy, you must pass the National Board Certification Examination as a final step towards certification and licensure. Many occupational therapy training programs offer excellent preparation for this exam, with an average passing rate of 95%-100% last year alone.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Nashville, Tennessee
Salaries vary from employer to employer, but according to the United States Department of Labor, you can expect to earn around $75,000 per year as a licensed occupational therapist. In Nashville, the average salary is between $70,000-$83,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Nashville Tennessee
You can find many ACOTE-accredited, quality occupational therapy schools and programs in the Nashville area. Belmont University offers a program for a degree in Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) as well as a doctoral program to earn your Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD). Tennessee State University offers a master’s-level program that includes the opportunity to take practicum courses offering hands-on experience in the field. Other schools can be found throughout Tennessee, including Memphis and Chattanooga. For those looking into a career as an occupational therapy assistant, Nashville State Community College offers a two-year program with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
Occupational therapists enjoy fulfilling and stimulating careers making a difference in the lives of others. Earn your certification today and become a part of this flourishing and highly gratifying field!