Looking for a rewarding way to both make a living and help others? A career in occupational therapy might be for you! Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants help people of all ages improve their skills in everything from cognitive development to fine motor skills. Occupational therapy is a fast-growing field with many colleges offering the training you need to become fully licensed and certified.
List of Elite Programs in Nashville, TN
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Finding Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Nashville, Tennessee
Before enrolling at any occupational therapy school, be sure it is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) through their Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) program. Employers look for occupational therapists from accredited schools to ensure their employees are fully qualified to practice. There are currently 326 ACOTE-accredited occupational therapy programs in the United States for you to choose from.
The state of Tennessee requires all occupational therapists to be licensed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. After earning your degree in occupational therapy, you must pass the National Board Certification Examination as a final step towards certification and licensure. Many occupational therapy training programs offer excellent preparation for this exam, with an average passing rate of 95%-100% last year alone.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Nashville, Tennessee
Salaries vary from employer to employer, but according to the United States Department of Labor, you can expect to earn around $75,000 per year as a licensed occupational therapist. In Nashville, the average salary is between $70,000-$83,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Nashville Tennessee
You can find many ACOTE-accredited, quality occupational therapy schools and programs in the Nashville area. Belmont University offers a program for a degree in Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) as well as a doctoral program to earn your Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD). Tennessee State University offers a master’s-level program that includes the opportunity to take practicum courses offering hands-on experience in the field. Other schools can be found throughout Tennessee, including Memphis and Chattanooga. For those looking into a career as an occupational therapy assistant, Nashville State Community College offers a two-year program with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
Occupational therapists enjoy fulfilling and stimulating careers making a difference in the lives of others. Earn your certification today and become a part of this flourishing and highly gratifying field!