Looking for a rewarding way to both make a living and help others? A career in occupational therapy might be for you! Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants help people of all ages improve their skills in everything from cognitive development to fine motor skills. Occupational therapy is a fast-growing field with many colleges offering the training you need to become fully licensed and certified.
List of Elite Programs in Nashville, TN
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Finding Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Nashville, Tennessee
Before enrolling at any occupational therapy school, be sure it is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) through their Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) program. Employers look for occupational therapists from accredited schools to ensure their employees are fully qualified to practice. There are currently 326 ACOTE-accredited occupational therapy programs in the United States for you to choose from.
The state of Tennessee requires all occupational therapists to be licensed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. After earning your degree in occupational therapy, you must pass the National Board Certification Examination as a final step towards certification and licensure. Many occupational therapy training programs offer excellent preparation for this exam, with an average passing rate of 95%-100% last year alone.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Nashville, Tennessee
Salaries vary from employer to employer, but according to the United States Department of Labor, you can expect to earn around $75,000 per year as a licensed occupational therapist. In Nashville, the average salary is between $70,000-$83,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Nashville Tennessee
You can find many ACOTE-accredited, quality occupational therapy schools and programs in the Nashville area. Belmont University offers a program for a degree in Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) as well as a doctoral program to earn your Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD). Tennessee State University offers a master’s-level program that includes the opportunity to take practicum courses offering hands-on experience in the field. Other schools can be found throughout Tennessee, including Memphis and Chattanooga. For those looking into a career as an occupational therapy assistant, Nashville State Community College offers a two-year program with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
Occupational therapists enjoy fulfilling and stimulating careers making a difference in the lives of others. Earn your certification today and become a part of this flourishing and highly gratifying field!