The field of occupational therapy is a dynamic and perpetually changing one, and this makes it a fitting career field for many Missouri residents. If you’ve decided that you want to work in this absolutely amazing sector, you need to learn about how to become an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant. Some basic points to take note of include the fact that you will need to obtain an education from an accredited institution, learn about your state’s certification requirements, and find out what type of salary you can expect to garner. To gain more information about all of this pertinent data, review the outline that appears below:
List of Elite Programs in Missouri
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
As with any other educational sector, the world of occupational therapy is one which necessitates that you take courses and training programs from an accredited institution. Once you realize that accreditation is an indication that an occupational therapy college operates in excellence and integrity, you can start your search for the perfect educational program. After you’ve found several accredited occupational therapy colleges within the Missouri area, your next step should be the request of informational brochures detailing things such as course offerings, campus life, internship opportunities, and other data that will help you make an informed decision regarding whether the school is a good “fit” for you.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Missouri
Missouri residents who wish to work in the occupational therapy field must comply with the rules and guidelines outlined by the state. This means that they must first earn a master’s degree and pass the exam administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists (NBCOT). Additionally, you should keep in mind that certification is not a requirement within the state of Missouri. However, attaining certification can make you a more competitive job candidate while simultaneously sharpening your skill set. Once you have successfully completed the certifying exam, you will be able to hold the title of Occupational Therapist Registered (or OTR).
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Missouri
If you’re like most Missouri residents, you want to know how much revenue you can expect to bring in annually before you commit to working in the occupational therapy sector. With that idea in mind, note that Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists who work in Missouri can expect to earn about $85,000 while occupational therapy assistants will typically gain $59,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Missouri
- Maryville University of Saint Louis
- Rockhurst University
- Saint Louis University – Main Campus
- University of Missouri – Columbia
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Missouri
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(314) 529-9515||650 Maryville University Drive|
St. Louis, MO 63141
Occupational Therapy Program
College of Graduate and Professional Studies
|Kansas City||(816) 501-4097 or (816) 501-4059||1100 Rockhurst Road|
Kansas City, MO 64110-2561
|Saint Louis University|
Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
Doisy College of Health Sciences
|(314) 977-8514||3437 Caroline Street|
St. Louis, MO 63104-1111
|University of Missouri|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Health Professions
|Columbia||(573) 882-3988||406 Lewis Hall|
Columbia, MO 65211-4240
Program in Occupational Therapy
School of Medicine
|(314) 286-1600||4444 Forest Park Avenue, Campus Box 8505|
St. Louis, MO 63108