The field of occupational therapy is a dynamic and perpetually changing one, and this makes it a fitting career field for many Missouri residents. If you’ve decided that you want to work in this absolutely amazing sector, you need to learn about how to become an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant. Some basic points to take note of include the fact that you will need to obtain an education from an accredited institution, learn about your state’s certification requirements, and find out what type of salary you can expect to garner. To gain more information about all of this pertinent data, review the outline that appears below:
List of Elite Programs in Missouri
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
As with any other educational sector, the world of occupational therapy is one which necessitates that you take courses and training programs from an accredited institution. Once you realize that accreditation is an indication that an occupational therapy college operates in excellence and integrity, you can start your search for the perfect educational program. After you’ve found several accredited occupational therapy colleges within the Missouri area, your next step should be the request of informational brochures detailing things such as course offerings, campus life, internship opportunities, and other data that will help you make an informed decision regarding whether the school is a good “fit” for you.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Missouri
Missouri residents who wish to work in the occupational therapy field must comply with the rules and guidelines outlined by the state. This means that they must first earn a master’s degree and pass the exam administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists (NBCOT). Additionally, you should keep in mind that certification is not a requirement within the state of Missouri. However, attaining certification can make you a more competitive job candidate while simultaneously sharpening your skill set. Once you have successfully completed the certifying exam, you will be able to hold the title of Occupational Therapist Registered (or OTR).
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Missouri
If you’re like most Missouri residents, you want to know how much revenue you can expect to bring in annually before you commit to working in the occupational therapy sector. With that idea in mind, note that Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists who work in Missouri can expect to earn about $85,000 while occupational therapy assistants will typically gain $59,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Missouri
- Maryville University of Saint Louis
- Rockhurst University
- Saint Louis University – Main Campus
- University of Missouri – Columbia
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Missouri
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(314) 529-9515||650 Maryville University Drive|
St. Louis, MO 63141
Occupational Therapy Program
College of Graduate and Professional Studies
|Kansas City||(816) 501-4097 or (816) 501-4059||1100 Rockhurst Road|
Kansas City, MO 64110-2561
|Saint Louis University|
Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
Doisy College of Health Sciences
|(314) 977-8514||3437 Caroline Street|
St. Louis, MO 63104-1111
|University of Missouri|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Health Professions
|Columbia||(573) 882-3988||406 Lewis Hall|
Columbia, MO 65211-4240
Program in Occupational Therapy
School of Medicine
|(314) 286-1600||4444 Forest Park Avenue, Campus Box 8505|
St. Louis, MO 63108