The field of occupational therapy is a dynamic and perpetually changing one, and this makes it a fitting career field for many Missouri residents. If you’ve decided that you want to work in this absolutely amazing sector, you need to learn about how to become an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant. Some basic points to take note of include the fact that you will need to obtain an education from an accredited institution, learn about your state’s certification requirements, and find out what type of salary you can expect to garner. To gain more information about all of this pertinent data, review the outline that appears below:
List of Elite Programs in Missouri
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
As with any other educational sector, the world of occupational therapy is one which necessitates that you take courses and training programs from an accredited institution. Once you realize that accreditation is an indication that an occupational therapy college operates in excellence and integrity, you can start your search for the perfect educational program. After you’ve found several accredited occupational therapy colleges within the Missouri area, your next step should be the request of informational brochures detailing things such as course offerings, campus life, internship opportunities, and other data that will help you make an informed decision regarding whether the school is a good “fit” for you.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Missouri
Missouri residents who wish to work in the occupational therapy field must comply with the rules and guidelines outlined by the state. This means that they must first earn a master’s degree and pass the exam administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists (NBCOT). Additionally, you should keep in mind that certification is not a requirement within the state of Missouri. However, attaining certification can make you a more competitive job candidate while simultaneously sharpening your skill set. Once you have successfully completed the certifying exam, you will be able to hold the title of Occupational Therapist Registered (or OTR).
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Missouri
If you’re like most Missouri residents, you want to know how much revenue you can expect to bring in annually before you commit to working in the occupational therapy sector. With that idea in mind, note that Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists who work in Missouri can expect to earn about $85,000 while occupational therapy assistants will typically gain $59,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Missouri
- Maryville University of Saint Louis
- Rockhurst University
- Saint Louis University – Main Campus
- University of Missouri – Columbia
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Missouri
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(314) 529-9515||650 Maryville University Drive|
St. Louis, MO 63141
Occupational Therapy Program
College of Graduate and Professional Studies
|Kansas City||(816) 501-4097 or (816) 501-4059||1100 Rockhurst Road|
Kansas City, MO 64110-2561
|Saint Louis University|
Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
Doisy College of Health Sciences
|(314) 977-8514||3437 Caroline Street|
St. Louis, MO 63104-1111
|University of Missouri|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Health Professions
|Columbia||(573) 882-3988||406 Lewis Hall|
Columbia, MO 65211-4240
Program in Occupational Therapy
School of Medicine
|(314) 286-1600||4444 Forest Park Avenue, Campus Box 8505|
St. Louis, MO 63108