Choosing a tenable vocational path is important because it can play an integral role in helping you lead a socioeconomically stable and personally progressive life. In recognizing this principle, Mississippi residents who want to select rewarding careers should note that occupational therapy can offer them a plethora of long-standing benefits. If you’ve already decided that this is the right professional sector for you to enter, it’s important that you learn all about how to become an occupational therapist. To get this information, review the data we’ve offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Mississippi
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
When it comes to selecting the perfect occupational therapy school, there are several things you need to look for. Some of those things include a school that employs a faculty and staff who are customer-oriented, results-driven, and detail-oriented. Additionally, you need to make sure that the school is accredited. Once you’ve found an occupational therapy college that conforms to the aforementioned criteria, go online and do research to determine if the school is comparable to your personal preferences, proclivities, budget, and values. Also take time to call several learning institutions so you can compare and contrast the services and products offered by each.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Mississippi
Each state has specific guidelines that determine an individual’s eligibility for occupational therapist certification and/or licensure. If you plan to practice in Mississippi, be sure that you are in compliance with the state’s outlined rules and regulations. In addition to earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a certified learning institution, be sure that you accumulate a minimum of six months of experience through an internship or under the supervision/instruction of a licensed occupational therapist. Also remember that you are required to pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Mississippi
Annual income is an important factor to consider once you’ve decided to enter the occupational therapy field. According to Indeed.com, occupational therapists can expect to earn about $91,000 each year. If you work as an occupational therapist assistant, you will likely bring home about $63,000 annually.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Mississippi
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Mississippi that you can enroll in. Some of them include:
- Coahoma Community College
- Hinds Community College
- Holmes Community College
- Itawamba Community College
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- Northeast Mississippi Community College
- Northwest Mississippi Community College
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Mississippi
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|The University of Mississippi Medical Center|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Health Related Professions
|Jackson||(601) 984-6350||2500 North State Street|
Jackson, MS 39216-4505