Choosing a tenable vocational path is important because it can play an integral role in helping you lead a socioeconomically stable and personally progressive life. In recognizing this principle, Mississippi residents who want to select rewarding careers should note that occupational therapy can offer them a plethora of long-standing benefits. If you’ve already decided that this is the right professional sector for you to enter, it’s important that you learn all about how to become an occupational therapist. To get this information, review the data we’ve offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Mississippi
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
When it comes to selecting the perfect occupational therapy school, there are several things you need to look for. Some of those things include a school that employs a faculty and staff who are customer-oriented, results-driven, and detail-oriented. Additionally, you need to make sure that the school is accredited. Once you’ve found an occupational therapy college that conforms to the aforementioned criteria, go online and do research to determine if the school is comparable to your personal preferences, proclivities, budget, and values. Also take time to call several learning institutions so you can compare and contrast the services and products offered by each.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Mississippi
Each state has specific guidelines that determine an individual’s eligibility for occupational therapist certification and/or licensure. If you plan to practice in Mississippi, be sure that you are in compliance with the state’s outlined rules and regulations. In addition to earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a certified learning institution, be sure that you accumulate a minimum of six months of experience through an internship or under the supervision/instruction of a licensed occupational therapist. Also remember that you are required to pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Mississippi
Annual income is an important factor to consider once you’ve decided to enter the occupational therapy field. According to Indeed.com, occupational therapists can expect to earn about $91,000 each year. If you work as an occupational therapist assistant, you will likely bring home about $63,000 annually.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Mississippi
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Mississippi that you can enroll in. Some of them include:
- Coahoma Community College
- Hinds Community College
- Holmes Community College
- Itawamba Community College
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- Northeast Mississippi Community College
- Northwest Mississippi Community College
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Mississippi
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|The University of Mississippi Medical Center|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Health Related Professions
|Jackson||(601) 984-6350||2500 North State Street|
Jackson, MS 39216-4505