Choosing a tenable vocational path is important because it can play an integral role in helping you lead a socioeconomically stable and personally progressive life. In recognizing this principle, Mississippi residents who want to select rewarding careers should note that occupational therapy can offer them a plethora of long-standing benefits. If you’ve already decided that this is the right professional sector for you to enter, it’s important that you learn all about how to become an occupational therapist. To get this information, review the data we’ve offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Mississippi
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
When it comes to selecting the perfect occupational therapy school, there are several things you need to look for. Some of those things include a school that employs a faculty and staff who are customer-oriented, results-driven, and detail-oriented. Additionally, you need to make sure that the school is accredited. Once you’ve found an occupational therapy college that conforms to the aforementioned criteria, go online and do research to determine if the school is comparable to your personal preferences, proclivities, budget, and values. Also take time to call several learning institutions so you can compare and contrast the services and products offered by each.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Mississippi
Each state has specific guidelines that determine an individual’s eligibility for occupational therapist certification and/or licensure. If you plan to practice in Mississippi, be sure that you are in compliance with the state’s outlined rules and regulations. In addition to earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a certified learning institution, be sure that you accumulate a minimum of six months of experience through an internship or under the supervision/instruction of a licensed occupational therapist. Also remember that you are required to pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Mississippi
Annual income is an important factor to consider once you’ve decided to enter the occupational therapy field. According to Indeed.com, occupational therapists can expect to earn about $91,000 each year. If you work as an occupational therapist assistant, you will likely bring home about $63,000 annually.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Mississippi
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Mississippi that you can enroll in. Some of them include:
- Coahoma Community College
- Hinds Community College
- Holmes Community College
- Itawamba Community College
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- Northeast Mississippi Community College
- Northwest Mississippi Community College
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Mississippi
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|The University of Mississippi Medical Center|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Health Related Professions
|Jackson||(601) 984-6350||2500 North State Street|
Jackson, MS 39216-4505