Choosing a tenable vocational path is important because it can play an integral role in helping you lead a socioeconomically stable and personally progressive life. In recognizing this principle, Mississippi residents who want to select rewarding careers should note that occupational therapy can offer them a plethora of long-standing benefits. If you’ve already decided that this is the right professional sector for you to enter, it’s important that you learn all about how to become an occupational therapist. To get this information, review the data we’ve offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Mississippi
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
When it comes to selecting the perfect occupational therapy school, there are several things you need to look for. Some of those things include a school that employs a faculty and staff who are customer-oriented, results-driven, and detail-oriented. Additionally, you need to make sure that the school is accredited. Once you’ve found an occupational therapy college that conforms to the aforementioned criteria, go online and do research to determine if the school is comparable to your personal preferences, proclivities, budget, and values. Also take time to call several learning institutions so you can compare and contrast the services and products offered by each.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Mississippi
Each state has specific guidelines that determine an individual’s eligibility for occupational therapist certification and/or licensure. If you plan to practice in Mississippi, be sure that you are in compliance with the state’s outlined rules and regulations. In addition to earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a certified learning institution, be sure that you accumulate a minimum of six months of experience through an internship or under the supervision/instruction of a licensed occupational therapist. Also remember that you are required to pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Mississippi
Annual income is an important factor to consider once you’ve decided to enter the occupational therapy field. According to Indeed.com, occupational therapists can expect to earn about $91,000 each year. If you work as an occupational therapist assistant, you will likely bring home about $63,000 annually.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Mississippi
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Mississippi that you can enroll in. Some of them include:
- Coahoma Community College
- Hinds Community College
- Holmes Community College
- Itawamba Community College
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- Northeast Mississippi Community College
- Northwest Mississippi Community College
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Mississippi
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|The University of Mississippi Medical Center|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Health Related Professions
|Jackson||(601) 984-6350||2500 North State Street|
Jackson, MS 39216-4505