Choosing a tenable vocational path is important because it can play an integral role in helping you lead a socioeconomically stable and personally progressive life. In recognizing this principle, Mississippi residents who want to select rewarding careers should note that occupational therapy can offer them a plethora of long-standing benefits. If you’ve already decided that this is the right professional sector for you to enter, it’s important that you learn all about how to become an occupational therapist. To get this information, review the data we’ve offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Mississippi
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
When it comes to selecting the perfect occupational therapy school, there are several things you need to look for. Some of those things include a school that employs a faculty and staff who are customer-oriented, results-driven, and detail-oriented. Additionally, you need to make sure that the school is accredited. Once you’ve found an occupational therapy college that conforms to the aforementioned criteria, go online and do research to determine if the school is comparable to your personal preferences, proclivities, budget, and values. Also take time to call several learning institutions so you can compare and contrast the services and products offered by each.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Mississippi
Each state has specific guidelines that determine an individual’s eligibility for occupational therapist certification and/or licensure. If you plan to practice in Mississippi, be sure that you are in compliance with the state’s outlined rules and regulations. In addition to earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a certified learning institution, be sure that you accumulate a minimum of six months of experience through an internship or under the supervision/instruction of a licensed occupational therapist. Also remember that you are required to pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Mississippi
Annual income is an important factor to consider once you’ve decided to enter the occupational therapy field. According to Indeed.com, occupational therapists can expect to earn about $91,000 each year. If you work as an occupational therapist assistant, you will likely bring home about $63,000 annually.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Mississippi
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Mississippi that you can enroll in. Some of them include:
- Coahoma Community College
- Hinds Community College
- Holmes Community College
- Itawamba Community College
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- Northeast Mississippi Community College
- Northwest Mississippi Community College
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Mississippi
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|The University of Mississippi Medical Center|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Health Related Professions
|Jackson||(601) 984-6350||2500 North State Street|
Jackson, MS 39216-4505