The greater Milwaukee area has more occupational therapy schools than any other region in Wisconsin. When investigating the possibilities, a person should consider the type of degree that he or she is seeking. Career counselors determine the best facility by knowing the type of license or qualification the student needs. At this time, all students need to attend on-campus instruction. Some institutes, such as Concordia University, offer a combination of online and on-campus courses.
List of Elite Programs in Milwaukee, WI
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Occupational therapists need a master’s degree for entry-level jobs in Wisconsin. The requirements for assistants and aides vary, but typically, a person needs at least two years of schooling to obtain a job. After receiving their master’s degrees, therapists must pass a state exam by the Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association (WOTA) and the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT) exam to receive their licenses. The American Occupational Therapy Association offers licenses to show special training, such as pediatrics, geriatric, mental health, and more.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which indexes the national salaries of most industries, occupational therapists draw mean annual salaries of approximately $67,400 in Wisconsin. On average, occupational therapist assistants make a mean annual wage of about $46,900 and aides make approximately $27,700 annually. Milwaukee-based occupational therapists make a little more than state average: about $68,400 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
In the Milwaukee area, the following schools offer occupational therapist courses and degrees:
- Concordia University – Wisconsin campus
- Mount Mary College
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee campus
In other regions of Wisconsin, students can choose other colleges, such as the LaCrosse and Madison campuses of the University of Wisconsin to get the full education for becoming an occupational therapist. Many of these campuses can train students to specialize in areas of therapy, such as gerontology; feeding, eating, and swallowing; low vision; and more.
Area technical schools, including Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC), Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, Western Technical College in LaCrosse, Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College in Shell Lake, and others, offer education for occupational therapist aides and assistants. Generally, these colleges offer two years or less of instruction and offer fieldwork training.