The greater Milwaukee area has more occupational therapy schools than any other region in Wisconsin. When investigating the possibilities, a person should consider the type of degree that he or she is seeking. Career counselors determine the best facility by knowing the type of license or qualification the student needs. At this time, all students need to attend on-campus instruction. Some institutes, such as Concordia University, offer a combination of online and on-campus courses.
List of Elite Programs in Milwaukee, WI
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Occupational therapists need a master’s degree for entry-level jobs in Wisconsin. The requirements for assistants and aides vary, but typically, a person needs at least two years of schooling to obtain a job. After receiving their master’s degrees, therapists must pass a state exam by the Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association (WOTA) and the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT) exam to receive their licenses. The American Occupational Therapy Association offers licenses to show special training, such as pediatrics, geriatric, mental health, and more.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which indexes the national salaries of most industries, occupational therapists draw mean annual salaries of approximately $67,400 in Wisconsin. On average, occupational therapist assistants make a mean annual wage of about $46,900 and aides make approximately $27,700 annually. Milwaukee-based occupational therapists make a little more than state average: about $68,400 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
In the Milwaukee area, the following schools offer occupational therapist courses and degrees:
- Concordia University – Wisconsin campus
- Mount Mary College
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee campus
In other regions of Wisconsin, students can choose other colleges, such as the LaCrosse and Madison campuses of the University of Wisconsin to get the full education for becoming an occupational therapist. Many of these campuses can train students to specialize in areas of therapy, such as gerontology; feeding, eating, and swallowing; low vision; and more.
Area technical schools, including Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC), Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, Western Technical College in LaCrosse, Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College in Shell Lake, and others, offer education for occupational therapist aides and assistants. Generally, these colleges offer two years or less of instruction and offer fieldwork training.