The greater Milwaukee area has more occupational therapy schools than any other region in Wisconsin. When investigating the possibilities, a person should consider the type of degree that he or she is seeking. Career counselors determine the best facility by knowing the type of license or qualification the student needs. At this time, all students need to attend on-campus instruction. Some institutes, such as Concordia University, offer a combination of online and on-campus courses.
List of Elite Programs in Milwaukee, WI
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Occupational Therapy Certification in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Occupational therapists need a master’s degree for entry-level jobs in Wisconsin. The requirements for assistants and aides vary, but typically, a person needs at least two years of schooling to obtain a job. After receiving their master’s degrees, therapists must pass a state exam by the Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association (WOTA) and the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT) exam to receive their licenses. The American Occupational Therapy Association offers licenses to show special training, such as pediatrics, geriatric, mental health, and more.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which indexes the national salaries of most industries, occupational therapists draw mean annual salaries of approximately $67,400 in Wisconsin. On average, occupational therapist assistants make a mean annual wage of about $46,900 and aides make approximately $27,700 annually. Milwaukee-based occupational therapists make a little more than state average: about $68,400 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
In the Milwaukee area, the following schools offer occupational therapist courses and degrees:
- Concordia University – Wisconsin campus
- Mount Mary College
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee campus
In other regions of Wisconsin, students can choose other colleges, such as the LaCrosse and Madison campuses of the University of Wisconsin to get the full education for becoming an occupational therapist. Many of these campuses can train students to specialize in areas of therapy, such as gerontology; feeding, eating, and swallowing; low vision; and more.
Area technical schools, including Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC), Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, Western Technical College in LaCrosse, Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College in Shell Lake, and others, offer education for occupational therapist aides and assistants. Generally, these colleges offer two years or less of instruction and offer fieldwork training.