The greater Milwaukee area has more occupational therapy schools than any other region in Wisconsin. When investigating the possibilities, a person should consider the type of degree that he or she is seeking. Career counselors determine the best facility by knowing the type of license or qualification the student needs. At this time, all students need to attend on-campus instruction. Some institutes, such as Concordia University, offer a combination of online and on-campus courses.
List of Elite Programs in Milwaukee, WI
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Occupational Therapy Certification in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Occupational therapists need a master’s degree for entry-level jobs in Wisconsin. The requirements for assistants and aides vary, but typically, a person needs at least two years of schooling to obtain a job. After receiving their master’s degrees, therapists must pass a state exam by the Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association (WOTA) and the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT) exam to receive their licenses. The American Occupational Therapy Association offers licenses to show special training, such as pediatrics, geriatric, mental health, and more.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which indexes the national salaries of most industries, occupational therapists draw mean annual salaries of approximately $67,400 in Wisconsin. On average, occupational therapist assistants make a mean annual wage of about $46,900 and aides make approximately $27,700 annually. Milwaukee-based occupational therapists make a little more than state average: about $68,400 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
In the Milwaukee area, the following schools offer occupational therapist courses and degrees:
- Concordia University – Wisconsin campus
- Mount Mary College
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee campus
In other regions of Wisconsin, students can choose other colleges, such as the LaCrosse and Madison campuses of the University of Wisconsin to get the full education for becoming an occupational therapist. Many of these campuses can train students to specialize in areas of therapy, such as gerontology; feeding, eating, and swallowing; low vision; and more.
Area technical schools, including Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC), Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, Western Technical College in LaCrosse, Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College in Shell Lake, and others, offer education for occupational therapist aides and assistants. Generally, these colleges offer two years or less of instruction and offer fieldwork training.