The greater Milwaukee area has more occupational therapy schools than any other region in Wisconsin. When investigating the possibilities, a person should consider the type of degree that he or she is seeking. Career counselors determine the best facility by knowing the type of license or qualification the student needs. At this time, all students need to attend on-campus instruction. Some institutes, such as Concordia University, offer a combination of online and on-campus courses.
List of Elite Programs in Milwaukee, WI
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Occupational Therapy Certification in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Occupational therapists need a master’s degree for entry-level jobs in Wisconsin. The requirements for assistants and aides vary, but typically, a person needs at least two years of schooling to obtain a job. After receiving their master’s degrees, therapists must pass a state exam by the Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association (WOTA) and the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT) exam to receive their licenses. The American Occupational Therapy Association offers licenses to show special training, such as pediatrics, geriatric, mental health, and more.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which indexes the national salaries of most industries, occupational therapists draw mean annual salaries of approximately $67,400 in Wisconsin. On average, occupational therapist assistants make a mean annual wage of about $46,900 and aides make approximately $27,700 annually. Milwaukee-based occupational therapists make a little more than state average: about $68,400 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
In the Milwaukee area, the following schools offer occupational therapist courses and degrees:
- Concordia University – Wisconsin campus
- Mount Mary College
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee campus
In other regions of Wisconsin, students can choose other colleges, such as the LaCrosse and Madison campuses of the University of Wisconsin to get the full education for becoming an occupational therapist. Many of these campuses can train students to specialize in areas of therapy, such as gerontology; feeding, eating, and swallowing; low vision; and more.
Area technical schools, including Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC), Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, Western Technical College in LaCrosse, Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College in Shell Lake, and others, offer education for occupational therapist aides and assistants. Generally, these colleges offer two years or less of instruction and offer fieldwork training.