Occupational Therapists work in rehabilitative programs that help restore daily living skills to people with disabilities or developmental issues. If you’re interested in finding training on how to become an Occupational Therapist, you will have to find an accredited program that offers courses in Occupational Therapy training that can lead to a certificate, degree or license. Many of these programs will require full time enrollment into the Occupational Therapy classes but can lead to a very rewarding future. There are several ways to go about beginning your search for Occupational Therapy schools in Miami, FL and there are several to choose from. The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education of the American Occupational Therapy Association must accredit these schools in order to offer Occupational Therapy programs that can lead you to a career in Occupational Therapy.
List of Elite Programs in Miami
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
For those that are not interested in schools that offer degrees and are looking for a faster way to a career in the field without going to one of the Occupational Therapy colleges, you can takes classes that offer certifications. The Occupational Therapy certification is a certification that you can get by taking specific courses at an accredited school and take an Occupational Therapy test to get certified through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. There are several programs in Miami, FL to take the correct classes to get a certification or Occupational Therapy license and start your career in one of the fast growing fields in the medical industry.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Miami, FL
The Occupational Therapy career outlook is very bright and is growing much faster than average according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is due to the rising number of aging Americans that will need this kind of medical support, many of which live in or come to South Florida to retire. In Miami, FL, the median pay for Occupational Therapists in 2013 was more than $73,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Miami, FL
- Concorde Career Institute-Miramar
- Keiser University
- South University
- Barry University
- Florida International University
- Nova Southeastern University
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy offers Occupational Therapy classes online that can be taken for individuals looking to continue their education and are accepted by the state of Florida.