Occupational Therapists work in rehabilitative programs that help restore daily living skills to people with disabilities or developmental issues. If you’re interested in finding training on how to become an Occupational Therapist, you will have to find an accredited program that offers courses in Occupational Therapy training that can lead to a certificate, degree or license. Many of these programs will require full time enrollment into the Occupational Therapy classes but can lead to a very rewarding future. There are several ways to go about beginning your search for Occupational Therapy schools in Miami, FL and there are several to choose from. The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education of the American Occupational Therapy Association must accredit these schools in order to offer Occupational Therapy programs that can lead you to a career in Occupational Therapy.
List of Elite Programs in Miami
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
For those that are not interested in schools that offer degrees and are looking for a faster way to a career in the field without going to one of the Occupational Therapy colleges, you can takes classes that offer certifications. The Occupational Therapy certification is a certification that you can get by taking specific courses at an accredited school and take an Occupational Therapy test to get certified through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. There are several programs in Miami, FL to take the correct classes to get a certification or Occupational Therapy license and start your career in one of the fast growing fields in the medical industry.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Miami, FL
The Occupational Therapy career outlook is very bright and is growing much faster than average according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is due to the rising number of aging Americans that will need this kind of medical support, many of which live in or come to South Florida to retire. In Miami, FL, the median pay for Occupational Therapists in 2013 was more than $73,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Miami, FL
- Concorde Career Institute-Miramar
- Keiser University
- South University
- Barry University
- Florida International University
- Nova Southeastern University
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy offers Occupational Therapy classes online that can be taken for individuals looking to continue their education and are accepted by the state of Florida.