Occupational Therapists work in rehabilitative programs that help restore daily living skills to people with disabilities or developmental issues. If you’re interested in finding training on how to become an Occupational Therapist, you will have to find an accredited program that offers courses in Occupational Therapy training that can lead to a certificate, degree or license. Many of these programs will require full time enrollment into the Occupational Therapy classes but can lead to a very rewarding future. There are several ways to go about beginning your search for Occupational Therapy schools in Miami, FL and there are several to choose from. The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education of the American Occupational Therapy Association must accredit these schools in order to offer Occupational Therapy programs that can lead you to a career in Occupational Therapy.
List of Elite Programs in Miami
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
For those that are not interested in schools that offer degrees and are looking for a faster way to a career in the field without going to one of the Occupational Therapy colleges, you can takes classes that offer certifications. The Occupational Therapy certification is a certification that you can get by taking specific courses at an accredited school and take an Occupational Therapy test to get certified through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. There are several programs in Miami, FL to take the correct classes to get a certification or Occupational Therapy license and start your career in one of the fast growing fields in the medical industry.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Miami, FL
The Occupational Therapy career outlook is very bright and is growing much faster than average according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is due to the rising number of aging Americans that will need this kind of medical support, many of which live in or come to South Florida to retire. In Miami, FL, the median pay for Occupational Therapists in 2013 was more than $73,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Miami, FL
- Concorde Career Institute-Miramar
- Keiser University
- South University
- Barry University
- Florida International University
- Nova Southeastern University
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy offers Occupational Therapy classes online that can be taken for individuals looking to continue their education and are accepted by the state of Florida.