There is only one fully accredited school located in Mesa, Arizona, which offers an occupational therapy program. The training brings with it a Master’s degree from the AT Still University of Health Sciences. The requirements include a Bachelor’s degree, a 2.5 minimum GPA and 2.5 GPA in Science, GRE scores, two letters of recommendation, CPR certification, 20 observant hours, and prerequisite courses. There are currently no accredited online courses for this program of study, nor are there any entry-level online courses for this degree plan. Some schools in the United States are beginning to offer distance learning opportunities, but the university in Mesa does not have such a program.
List of Elite Programs in Mesa, AZ
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) has many tips on training as well as information on exactly how to become an Occupational Therapist. Once the degree has been earned, then a certification test must be passed. Materials are available from the NBCOT to help students get ready for the exam and to better prepare them to know how to direct their studies. Professors are generally familiar with the expectations and teach their courses accordingly. Each state has their own licensing boards and requirements, but all states require that therapists be certified prior to being licensed. The AZ Board of OT Examiners handles the licensing and certification for the state of Arizona.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Mesa, Arizona
The salaries for occupational therapists in Mesa, Arizona range from around $65,500 to about $91,200 per year. According to a leading salary reporting site, in January of 2015 at least 50 percent of those in Mesa who were employed in this field earned $78,204. This is comparable to the national average of $80,498 per year, and is considerably higher than the average of $68,544 that is earned in both Tucson and Flagstaff. Nearby Phoenix, Arizona, also has a competitive median salary level of $78,727.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arizona
In addition to the program at the AT Still University of Health Sciences in Mesa, there are several additional Occupational Therapy schools in Arizona. Midwestern University in Glendale offers a Master’s degree with the requirements of a Bachelor’s degree, a 2.75 minimum GPA, and prerequisite courses. Northern Arizona University in Phoenix has recently added an Occupational Therapy Doctorate program with requisites of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, a 3.0 minimum GPA, GRE scores, and academic achievement will be taken into consideration. Additionally, Brown Mackie College in Phoenix offers an Associate in Applied Science degree for anyone interested in working as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.