There is only one fully accredited school located in Mesa, Arizona, which offers an occupational therapy program. The training brings with it a Master’s degree from the AT Still University of Health Sciences. The requirements include a Bachelor’s degree, a 2.5 minimum GPA and 2.5 GPA in Science, GRE scores, two letters of recommendation, CPR certification, 20 observant hours, and prerequisite courses. There are currently no accredited online courses for this program of study, nor are there any entry-level online courses for this degree plan. Some schools in the United States are beginning to offer distance learning opportunities, but the university in Mesa does not have such a program.
List of Elite Programs in Mesa, AZ
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) has many tips on training as well as information on exactly how to become an Occupational Therapist. Once the degree has been earned, then a certification test must be passed. Materials are available from the NBCOT to help students get ready for the exam and to better prepare them to know how to direct their studies. Professors are generally familiar with the expectations and teach their courses accordingly. Each state has their own licensing boards and requirements, but all states require that therapists be certified prior to being licensed. The AZ Board of OT Examiners handles the licensing and certification for the state of Arizona.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Mesa, Arizona
The salaries for occupational therapists in Mesa, Arizona range from around $65,500 to about $91,200 per year. According to a leading salary reporting site, in January of 2015 at least 50 percent of those in Mesa who were employed in this field earned $78,204. This is comparable to the national average of $80,498 per year, and is considerably higher than the average of $68,544 that is earned in both Tucson and Flagstaff. Nearby Phoenix, Arizona, also has a competitive median salary level of $78,727.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arizona
In addition to the program at the AT Still University of Health Sciences in Mesa, there are several additional Occupational Therapy schools in Arizona. Midwestern University in Glendale offers a Master’s degree with the requirements of a Bachelor’s degree, a 2.75 minimum GPA, and prerequisite courses. Northern Arizona University in Phoenix has recently added an Occupational Therapy Doctorate program with requisites of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, a 3.0 minimum GPA, GRE scores, and academic achievement will be taken into consideration. Additionally, Brown Mackie College in Phoenix offers an Associate in Applied Science degree for anyone interested in working as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.