There is only one fully accredited school located in Mesa, Arizona, which offers an occupational therapy program. The training brings with it a Master’s degree from the AT Still University of Health Sciences. The requirements include a Bachelor’s degree, a 2.5 minimum GPA and 2.5 GPA in Science, GRE scores, two letters of recommendation, CPR certification, 20 observant hours, and prerequisite courses. There are currently no accredited online courses for this program of study, nor are there any entry-level online courses for this degree plan. Some schools in the United States are beginning to offer distance learning opportunities, but the university in Mesa does not have such a program.
List of Elite Programs in Mesa, AZ
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) has many tips on training as well as information on exactly how to become an Occupational Therapist. Once the degree has been earned, then a certification test must be passed. Materials are available from the NBCOT to help students get ready for the exam and to better prepare them to know how to direct their studies. Professors are generally familiar with the expectations and teach their courses accordingly. Each state has their own licensing boards and requirements, but all states require that therapists be certified prior to being licensed. The AZ Board of OT Examiners handles the licensing and certification for the state of Arizona.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Mesa, Arizona
The salaries for occupational therapists in Mesa, Arizona range from around $65,500 to about $91,200 per year. According to a leading salary reporting site, in January of 2015 at least 50 percent of those in Mesa who were employed in this field earned $78,204. This is comparable to the national average of $80,498 per year, and is considerably higher than the average of $68,544 that is earned in both Tucson and Flagstaff. Nearby Phoenix, Arizona, also has a competitive median salary level of $78,727.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arizona
In addition to the program at the AT Still University of Health Sciences in Mesa, there are several additional Occupational Therapy schools in Arizona. Midwestern University in Glendale offers a Master’s degree with the requirements of a Bachelor’s degree, a 2.75 minimum GPA, and prerequisite courses. Northern Arizona University in Phoenix has recently added an Occupational Therapy Doctorate program with requisites of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, a 3.0 minimum GPA, GRE scores, and academic achievement will be taken into consideration. Additionally, Brown Mackie College in Phoenix offers an Associate in Applied Science degree for anyone interested in working as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.