There is only one fully accredited school located in Mesa, Arizona, which offers an occupational therapy program. The training brings with it a Master’s degree from the AT Still University of Health Sciences. The requirements include a Bachelor’s degree, a 2.5 minimum GPA and 2.5 GPA in Science, GRE scores, two letters of recommendation, CPR certification, 20 observant hours, and prerequisite courses. There are currently no accredited online courses for this program of study, nor are there any entry-level online courses for this degree plan. Some schools in the United States are beginning to offer distance learning opportunities, but the university in Mesa does not have such a program.
List of Elite Programs in Mesa, AZ
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) has many tips on training as well as information on exactly how to become an Occupational Therapist. Once the degree has been earned, then a certification test must be passed. Materials are available from the NBCOT to help students get ready for the exam and to better prepare them to know how to direct their studies. Professors are generally familiar with the expectations and teach their courses accordingly. Each state has their own licensing boards and requirements, but all states require that therapists be certified prior to being licensed. The AZ Board of OT Examiners handles the licensing and certification for the state of Arizona.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Mesa, Arizona
The salaries for occupational therapists in Mesa, Arizona range from around $65,500 to about $91,200 per year. According to a leading salary reporting site, in January of 2015 at least 50 percent of those in Mesa who were employed in this field earned $78,204. This is comparable to the national average of $80,498 per year, and is considerably higher than the average of $68,544 that is earned in both Tucson and Flagstaff. Nearby Phoenix, Arizona, also has a competitive median salary level of $78,727.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arizona
In addition to the program at the AT Still University of Health Sciences in Mesa, there are several additional Occupational Therapy schools in Arizona. Midwestern University in Glendale offers a Master’s degree with the requirements of a Bachelor’s degree, a 2.75 minimum GPA, and prerequisite courses. Northern Arizona University in Phoenix has recently added an Occupational Therapy Doctorate program with requisites of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, a 3.0 minimum GPA, GRE scores, and academic achievement will be taken into consideration. Additionally, Brown Mackie College in Phoenix offers an Associate in Applied Science degree for anyone interested in working as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.