Occupational Therapists help injured, ill, or disabled patients develop, recover, and improve the skills needed for daily living and working. They can work with a variety of patients including children, the elderly, patients with permanent disabilities, patients who have undergone surgery, or patients with mental health issues.
List of Elite Programs in Memphis,TN
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Memphis, TN
Occupational Therapists must complete at least a master’s degree in occupational therapy. Admission to graduate programs usually requires a bachelor’s degree with specific coursework and many programs also require applicants to have worked or volunteered in an occupational therapy setting.
Schools are accredited through the American Occupational Therapy Association. Master’s programs generally take 2-3 years to complete, while doctoral programs take about 3 years. Some schools may offer a dual-degree program in which the student earns a bachelor’s and master’s degree in 5 years. Part-time programs are also available.
The following schools in Memphis offer accredited master’s level occupational therapy programs: University of Tennessee Health Science Center. There are no schools in Memphis currently offering doctoral-level programs in occupational therapy.
All states require an occupational therapist to pass the national examination administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT). Therapist must pass this exam to become a Registered Occupational Therapist (OTR). The American Occupational Therapy Association also has a number of additional certifications for those therapists that want to demonstrate an advanced knowledge in a specialty area such as, pediatrics, mental health, or low vision.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Memphis, TN
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an annual mean wage of $77,530 in Tennessee and an annual mean wage of $72,660 in Memphis (the mean wage is the wage at which half the workers make more than that amount and half make less). Salaries vary throughout the state. Salaries for occupational therapists working at nursing care facilities and home health care services are slightly higher, followed by office of physical, occupational, and speech therapists, hospitals, and elementary and secondary schools.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in TN
The following Tennessee schools offer master-level programs in occupational therapy: Belmont University, Milligan College, Tennessee State University, and University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Belmont University is the only school in the state offering doctoral-level programs for occupational therapy.
The following schools in Tennessee offer programs for occupational therapy assistants: Concorde Career College – Memphis, Nashville State Community College, and Roane State Community College.