Occupational Therapists help injured, ill, or disabled patients develop, recover, and improve the skills needed for daily living and working. They can work with a variety of patients including children, the elderly, patients with permanent disabilities, patients who have undergone surgery, or patients with mental health issues.
List of Elite Programs in Memphis,TN
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Memphis, TN
Occupational Therapists must complete at least a master’s degree in occupational therapy. Admission to graduate programs usually requires a bachelor’s degree with specific coursework and many programs also require applicants to have worked or volunteered in an occupational therapy setting.
Schools are accredited through the American Occupational Therapy Association. Master’s programs generally take 2-3 years to complete, while doctoral programs take about 3 years. Some schools may offer a dual-degree program in which the student earns a bachelor’s and master’s degree in 5 years. Part-time programs are also available.
The following schools in Memphis offer accredited master’s level occupational therapy programs: University of Tennessee Health Science Center. There are no schools in Memphis currently offering doctoral-level programs in occupational therapy.
All states require an occupational therapist to pass the national examination administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT). Therapist must pass this exam to become a Registered Occupational Therapist (OTR). The American Occupational Therapy Association also has a number of additional certifications for those therapists that want to demonstrate an advanced knowledge in a specialty area such as, pediatrics, mental health, or low vision.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Memphis, TN
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an annual mean wage of $77,530 in Tennessee and an annual mean wage of $72,660 in Memphis (the mean wage is the wage at which half the workers make more than that amount and half make less). Salaries vary throughout the state. Salaries for occupational therapists working at nursing care facilities and home health care services are slightly higher, followed by office of physical, occupational, and speech therapists, hospitals, and elementary and secondary schools.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in TN
The following Tennessee schools offer master-level programs in occupational therapy: Belmont University, Milligan College, Tennessee State University, and University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Belmont University is the only school in the state offering doctoral-level programs for occupational therapy.
The following schools in Tennessee offer programs for occupational therapy assistants: Concorde Career College – Memphis, Nashville State Community College, and Roane State Community College.