Occupational Therapists help injured, ill, or disabled patients develop, recover, and improve the skills needed for daily living and working. They can work with a variety of patients including children, the elderly, patients with permanent disabilities, patients who have undergone surgery, or patients with mental health issues.
List of Elite Programs in Memphis,TN
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Memphis, TN
Occupational Therapists must complete at least a master’s degree in occupational therapy. Admission to graduate programs usually requires a bachelor’s degree with specific coursework and many programs also require applicants to have worked or volunteered in an occupational therapy setting.
Schools are accredited through the American Occupational Therapy Association. Master’s programs generally take 2-3 years to complete, while doctoral programs take about 3 years. Some schools may offer a dual-degree program in which the student earns a bachelor’s and master’s degree in 5 years. Part-time programs are also available.
The following schools in Memphis offer accredited master’s level occupational therapy programs: University of Tennessee Health Science Center. There are no schools in Memphis currently offering doctoral-level programs in occupational therapy.
All states require an occupational therapist to pass the national examination administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT). Therapist must pass this exam to become a Registered Occupational Therapist (OTR). The American Occupational Therapy Association also has a number of additional certifications for those therapists that want to demonstrate an advanced knowledge in a specialty area such as, pediatrics, mental health, or low vision.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Memphis, TN
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an annual mean wage of $77,530 in Tennessee and an annual mean wage of $72,660 in Memphis (the mean wage is the wage at which half the workers make more than that amount and half make less). Salaries vary throughout the state. Salaries for occupational therapists working at nursing care facilities and home health care services are slightly higher, followed by office of physical, occupational, and speech therapists, hospitals, and elementary and secondary schools.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in TN
The following Tennessee schools offer master-level programs in occupational therapy: Belmont University, Milligan College, Tennessee State University, and University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Belmont University is the only school in the state offering doctoral-level programs for occupational therapy.
The following schools in Tennessee offer programs for occupational therapy assistants: Concorde Career College – Memphis, Nashville State Community College, and Roane State Community College.