Maryland residents who have decided that they want to work within the occupational therapy industry should learn as much as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. As many industry experts will tell you, the first step to having success in this venue will be to obtain a high quality education from a reputable institution that has attained regional accreditation. Additionally, you need to learn as much as possible about certification requirements and salary expectations. To assist you in each of these endeavors, we’ve compiled the helpful guide that appears below:
List of Elite Programs in Maryland
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
As mentioned earlier, Maryland residents who wish to work in the occupational therapy sector should take the time to determine whether a school has attained accreditation before enrolling. Doing so is important because accreditation is a process which ensures students that the school they’re attending has conformed to regulatory guidelines which indicate that they are receiving a high quality education. After you’ve found an accredited occupational therapy program, be sure to call the educational facility and request to speak with an admissions counselor so you can ask detailed questions about the college.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Maryland
In order to work in the occupational therapy sector, Maryland residents need to obtain their license. The license is administered by the Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice. To qualify for licensure, OTs and OTAs must successfully complete a jurisprudence exam and submit their continuing education documentation in the event that they finished their program more than a year prior. They must also provide a written statement indicating their moral character as well as documentation verifying certification from the NBCOT. They must also provide verification from any country or region where they previously attained licensure. In order to maintain their licensure, state residents are required to complete 12 hours of annual continuing education while also submitting their renewal paperwork.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Maryland
According to Indeed.com, an occupational therapist who gains employment in the state of Maryland can expect to bring home about $89,000 annually. The occupational therapist assistant employed in the state will typically garner $61,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Maryland
- Alleghany College of Maryland (ACM)
- Anne Arundel Community College (AACC)
- Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC)
- Towson University
- University of Maryland-College Park
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Maryland
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science
|Towson||(410) 704-2653||8000 York Road|
Towson, MD 21252-0001