Maryland residents who have decided that they want to work within the occupational therapy industry should learn as much as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. As many industry experts will tell you, the first step to having success in this venue will be to obtain a high quality education from a reputable institution that has attained regional accreditation. Additionally, you need to learn as much as possible about certification requirements and salary expectations. To assist you in each of these endeavors, we’ve compiled the helpful guide that appears below:
List of Elite Programs in Maryland
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
As mentioned earlier, Maryland residents who wish to work in the occupational therapy sector should take the time to determine whether a school has attained accreditation before enrolling. Doing so is important because accreditation is a process which ensures students that the school they’re attending has conformed to regulatory guidelines which indicate that they are receiving a high quality education. After you’ve found an accredited occupational therapy program, be sure to call the educational facility and request to speak with an admissions counselor so you can ask detailed questions about the college.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Maryland
In order to work in the occupational therapy sector, Maryland residents need to obtain their license. The license is administered by the Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice. To qualify for licensure, OTs and OTAs must successfully complete a jurisprudence exam and submit their continuing education documentation in the event that they finished their program more than a year prior. They must also provide a written statement indicating their moral character as well as documentation verifying certification from the NBCOT. They must also provide verification from any country or region where they previously attained licensure. In order to maintain their licensure, state residents are required to complete 12 hours of annual continuing education while also submitting their renewal paperwork.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Maryland
According to Indeed.com, an occupational therapist who gains employment in the state of Maryland can expect to bring home about $89,000 annually. The occupational therapist assistant employed in the state will typically garner $61,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Maryland
- Alleghany College of Maryland (ACM)
- Anne Arundel Community College (AACC)
- Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC)
- Towson University
- University of Maryland-College Park
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Maryland
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science
|Towson||(410) 704-2653||8000 York Road|
Towson, MD 21252-0001