Maryland residents who have decided that they want to work within the occupational therapy industry should learn as much as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. As many industry experts will tell you, the first step to having success in this venue will be to obtain a high quality education from a reputable institution that has attained regional accreditation. Additionally, you need to learn as much as possible about certification requirements and salary expectations. To assist you in each of these endeavors, we’ve compiled the helpful guide that appears below:
List of Elite Programs in Maryland
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
As mentioned earlier, Maryland residents who wish to work in the occupational therapy sector should take the time to determine whether a school has attained accreditation before enrolling. Doing so is important because accreditation is a process which ensures students that the school they’re attending has conformed to regulatory guidelines which indicate that they are receiving a high quality education. After you’ve found an accredited occupational therapy program, be sure to call the educational facility and request to speak with an admissions counselor so you can ask detailed questions about the college.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Maryland
In order to work in the occupational therapy sector, Maryland residents need to obtain their license. The license is administered by the Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice. To qualify for licensure, OTs and OTAs must successfully complete a jurisprudence exam and submit their continuing education documentation in the event that they finished their program more than a year prior. They must also provide a written statement indicating their moral character as well as documentation verifying certification from the NBCOT. They must also provide verification from any country or region where they previously attained licensure. In order to maintain their licensure, state residents are required to complete 12 hours of annual continuing education while also submitting their renewal paperwork.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Maryland
According to Indeed.com, an occupational therapist who gains employment in the state of Maryland can expect to bring home about $89,000 annually. The occupational therapist assistant employed in the state will typically garner $61,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Maryland
- Alleghany College of Maryland (ACM)
- Anne Arundel Community College (AACC)
- Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC)
- Towson University
- University of Maryland-College Park
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Maryland
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science
|Towson||(410) 704-2653||8000 York Road|
Towson, MD 21252-0001