Maryland residents who have decided that they want to work within the occupational therapy industry should learn as much as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. As many industry experts will tell you, the first step to having success in this venue will be to obtain a high quality education from a reputable institution that has attained regional accreditation. Additionally, you need to learn as much as possible about certification requirements and salary expectations. To assist you in each of these endeavors, we’ve compiled the helpful guide that appears below:
List of Elite Programs in Maryland
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
As mentioned earlier, Maryland residents who wish to work in the occupational therapy sector should take the time to determine whether a school has attained accreditation before enrolling. Doing so is important because accreditation is a process which ensures students that the school they’re attending has conformed to regulatory guidelines which indicate that they are receiving a high quality education. After you’ve found an accredited occupational therapy program, be sure to call the educational facility and request to speak with an admissions counselor so you can ask detailed questions about the college.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Maryland
In order to work in the occupational therapy sector, Maryland residents need to obtain their license. The license is administered by the Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice. To qualify for licensure, OTs and OTAs must successfully complete a jurisprudence exam and submit their continuing education documentation in the event that they finished their program more than a year prior. They must also provide a written statement indicating their moral character as well as documentation verifying certification from the NBCOT. They must also provide verification from any country or region where they previously attained licensure. In order to maintain their licensure, state residents are required to complete 12 hours of annual continuing education while also submitting their renewal paperwork.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Maryland
According to Indeed.com, an occupational therapist who gains employment in the state of Maryland can expect to bring home about $89,000 annually. The occupational therapist assistant employed in the state will typically garner $61,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Maryland
- Alleghany College of Maryland (ACM)
- Anne Arundel Community College (AACC)
- Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC)
- Towson University
- University of Maryland-College Park
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Maryland
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science
|Towson||(410) 704-2653||8000 York Road|
Towson, MD 21252-0001