Maryland residents who have decided that they want to work within the occupational therapy industry should learn as much as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. As many industry experts will tell you, the first step to having success in this venue will be to obtain a high quality education from a reputable institution that has attained regional accreditation. Additionally, you need to learn as much as possible about certification requirements and salary expectations. To assist you in each of these endeavors, we’ve compiled the helpful guide that appears below:
List of Elite Programs in Maryland
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
As mentioned earlier, Maryland residents who wish to work in the occupational therapy sector should take the time to determine whether a school has attained accreditation before enrolling. Doing so is important because accreditation is a process which ensures students that the school they’re attending has conformed to regulatory guidelines which indicate that they are receiving a high quality education. After you’ve found an accredited occupational therapy program, be sure to call the educational facility and request to speak with an admissions counselor so you can ask detailed questions about the college.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Maryland
In order to work in the occupational therapy sector, Maryland residents need to obtain their license. The license is administered by the Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice. To qualify for licensure, OTs and OTAs must successfully complete a jurisprudence exam and submit their continuing education documentation in the event that they finished their program more than a year prior. They must also provide a written statement indicating their moral character as well as documentation verifying certification from the NBCOT. They must also provide verification from any country or region where they previously attained licensure. In order to maintain their licensure, state residents are required to complete 12 hours of annual continuing education while also submitting their renewal paperwork.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Maryland
According to Indeed.com, an occupational therapist who gains employment in the state of Maryland can expect to bring home about $89,000 annually. The occupational therapist assistant employed in the state will typically garner $61,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Maryland
- Alleghany College of Maryland (ACM)
- Anne Arundel Community College (AACC)
- Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC)
- Towson University
- University of Maryland-College Park
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Maryland
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science
|Towson||(410) 704-2653||8000 York Road|
Towson, MD 21252-0001