If you want to live and work in Maine while helping people overcome physical and mental illnesses, you may want to consider going to school for occupational therapy. Since the state has accredited degree programs in this area of study, you’ll also be able to reside in Maine while you’re in school.
List of Elite Programs in Maine
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Before you enroll in a college or university, you should make sure that both the school and your program of study are accredited. The New England Association of Schools and Colleges accredits post-secondary schools in Maine, and the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education accredits occupational therapy programs all over the country. If you aren’t sure whether or not a college or program is accredited, you can talk to an admissions counselor.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Maine
Like all other states in the United States, Maine requires occupational therapists to pass a test that is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists. In order to be eligible to take the exam, students must have a degree from an accredited college and have the required amount of fieldwork experience under their belt. After being certified, occupational therapists must take occasional classes to keep up-to-date with their knowledge and skills.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Maine
The average hourly wage for occupational therapists in Maine is $31.89. This means that the average annual salary for full-time workers is $66,340. Virtually all workers with this job make over $40,000 per year, and the most financially successful individuals can make over $90,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Maine
There are currently four accredited occupational therapy programs in the state of Maine. If you just want to work as an assistant, you can earn an associate’s degree from Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield. If, on the other hand, you want to become a full-fledged occupational therapist, you can choose from three master’s degree programs. The universities that offer this type of degree are:
- Husson University in Bangor
- University of New England in Biddeford
- University of Southern Maine in Portland
Learning can be hard, but it can also be fun. As long as you pick an accredited educational institution and decide to study hard, you should be successful in college.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Maine
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(207) 941-7100||1 College Circle|
Bangor, ME 04401-2999
|University of New England|
Occupational Therapy Department
|(207) 221-4102 or 4100||716 Stevens Avenue|
Portland, ME 04103
|University of Southern Maine at Lewiston-Auburn College|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(207) 753-6523||51 Westminster Street|
Lewiston, ME 04240-3534