If you want to live and work in Maine while helping people overcome physical and mental illnesses, you may want to consider going to school for occupational therapy. Since the state has accredited degree programs in this area of study, you’ll also be able to reside in Maine while you’re in school.
List of Elite Programs in Maine
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Before you enroll in a college or university, you should make sure that both the school and your program of study are accredited. The New England Association of Schools and Colleges accredits post-secondary schools in Maine, and the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education accredits occupational therapy programs all over the country. If you aren’t sure whether or not a college or program is accredited, you can talk to an admissions counselor.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Maine
Like all other states in the United States, Maine requires occupational therapists to pass a test that is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists. In order to be eligible to take the exam, students must have a degree from an accredited college and have the required amount of fieldwork experience under their belt. After being certified, occupational therapists must take occasional classes to keep up-to-date with their knowledge and skills.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Maine
The average hourly wage for occupational therapists in Maine is $31.89. This means that the average annual salary for full-time workers is $66,340. Virtually all workers with this job make over $40,000 per year, and the most financially successful individuals can make over $90,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Maine
There are currently four accredited occupational therapy programs in the state of Maine. If you just want to work as an assistant, you can earn an associate’s degree from Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield. If, on the other hand, you want to become a full-fledged occupational therapist, you can choose from three master’s degree programs. The universities that offer this type of degree are:
- Husson University in Bangor
- University of New England in Biddeford
- University of Southern Maine in Portland
Learning can be hard, but it can also be fun. As long as you pick an accredited educational institution and decide to study hard, you should be successful in college.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Maine
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(207) 941-7100||1 College Circle|
Bangor, ME 04401-2999
|University of New England|
Occupational Therapy Department
|(207) 221-4102 or 4100||716 Stevens Avenue|
Portland, ME 04103
|University of Southern Maine at Lewiston-Auburn College|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(207) 753-6523||51 Westminster Street|
Lewiston, ME 04240-3534