If you want to live and work in Maine while helping people overcome physical and mental illnesses, you may want to consider going to school for occupational therapy. Since the state has accredited degree programs in this area of study, you’ll also be able to reside in Maine while you’re in school.
List of Elite Programs in Maine
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Before you enroll in a college or university, you should make sure that both the school and your program of study are accredited. The New England Association of Schools and Colleges accredits post-secondary schools in Maine, and the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education accredits occupational therapy programs all over the country. If you aren’t sure whether or not a college or program is accredited, you can talk to an admissions counselor.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Maine
Like all other states in the United States, Maine requires occupational therapists to pass a test that is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists. In order to be eligible to take the exam, students must have a degree from an accredited college and have the required amount of fieldwork experience under their belt. After being certified, occupational therapists must take occasional classes to keep up-to-date with their knowledge and skills.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Maine
The average hourly wage for occupational therapists in Maine is $31.89. This means that the average annual salary for full-time workers is $66,340. Virtually all workers with this job make over $40,000 per year, and the most financially successful individuals can make over $90,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Maine
There are currently four accredited occupational therapy programs in the state of Maine. If you just want to work as an assistant, you can earn an associate’s degree from Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield. If, on the other hand, you want to become a full-fledged occupational therapist, you can choose from three master’s degree programs. The universities that offer this type of degree are:
- Husson University in Bangor
- University of New England in Biddeford
- University of Southern Maine in Portland
Learning can be hard, but it can also be fun. As long as you pick an accredited educational institution and decide to study hard, you should be successful in college.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Maine
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(207) 941-7100||1 College Circle|
Bangor, ME 04401-2999
|University of New England|
Occupational Therapy Department
|(207) 221-4102 or 4100||716 Stevens Avenue|
Portland, ME 04103
|University of Southern Maine at Lewiston-Auburn College|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(207) 753-6523||51 Westminster Street|
Lewiston, ME 04240-3534