If you want to live and work in Maine while helping people overcome physical and mental illnesses, you may want to consider going to school for occupational therapy. Since the state has accredited degree programs in this area of study, you’ll also be able to reside in Maine while you’re in school.
List of Elite Programs in Maine
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Before you enroll in a college or university, you should make sure that both the school and your program of study are accredited. The New England Association of Schools and Colleges accredits post-secondary schools in Maine, and the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education accredits occupational therapy programs all over the country. If you aren’t sure whether or not a college or program is accredited, you can talk to an admissions counselor.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Maine
Like all other states in the United States, Maine requires occupational therapists to pass a test that is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists. In order to be eligible to take the exam, students must have a degree from an accredited college and have the required amount of fieldwork experience under their belt. After being certified, occupational therapists must take occasional classes to keep up-to-date with their knowledge and skills.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Maine
The average hourly wage for occupational therapists in Maine is $31.89. This means that the average annual salary for full-time workers is $66,340. Virtually all workers with this job make over $40,000 per year, and the most financially successful individuals can make over $90,000 per year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Maine
There are currently four accredited occupational therapy programs in the state of Maine. If you just want to work as an assistant, you can earn an associate’s degree from Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield. If, on the other hand, you want to become a full-fledged occupational therapist, you can choose from three master’s degree programs. The universities that offer this type of degree are:
- Husson University in Bangor
- University of New England in Biddeford
- University of Southern Maine in Portland
Learning can be hard, but it can also be fun. As long as you pick an accredited educational institution and decide to study hard, you should be successful in college.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Maine
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(207) 941-7100||1 College Circle|
Bangor, ME 04401-2999
|University of New England|
Occupational Therapy Department
|(207) 221-4102 or 4100||716 Stevens Avenue|
Portland, ME 04103
|University of Southern Maine at Lewiston-Auburn College|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(207) 753-6523||51 Westminster Street|
Lewiston, ME 04240-3534