Occupational therapists help people regain the ability to do things they need and like to do. The methods occupational therapists use involve therapeutic use of everyday activities, referred to as occupations. Occupational therapists often assist disabled children in learning how to participate in school, help injured adults re-learn how to perform activities of daily living, and help older adults adjust to changes in their cognitive and physical properties.
In addition to directly working with patients, occupational therapists may perform home and work evaluations in order to provide recommendations about adaptive accommodations to assist the patient in performing tasks and to provide advice to family members. Occupational therapists take a holistic view of the patient’s environment, needs and wants in order to help the patient.
List of Elite Programs in Louisville, KY
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Louisville, KY
The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to graduate from a 4-year college with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as biology, psychology, anthropology or kinesiology. The next step is to enroll in an occupational therapy program at an accredited school. At this time, there are no accredited occupational therapy classes online. In order to find a nearby accredited school, contact the American Occupational Association, Inc.
In order to work as an occupational therapist, individuals must first graduate from an occupational therapy program with an associate degree (equivalent to a Master’s degree). Next, a period of 24 weeks of supervised on the job occupational therapy training must be completed. Finally, before beginning unsupervised work, a license must be obtained from the state of Kentucky in order to practice occupational therapy within the state. In order to obtain a license, the applicant has to pass the state’s occupational therapy test and present their credentials to the state licensing board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Louisville, KY
The median salary for an occupational therapist in Louisville, KY is currently $77,000. When expressed on an hourly wage basis, this works out to $37 per hour.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Louisville, KY
The following schools offer accredited programs:
Brown Mackie College-Louisville
Jefferson Community and Technical College