Occupational therapists help people regain the ability to do things they need and like to do. The methods occupational therapists use involve therapeutic use of everyday activities, referred to as occupations. Occupational therapists often assist disabled children in learning how to participate in school, help injured adults re-learn how to perform activities of daily living, and help older adults adjust to changes in their cognitive and physical properties.
In addition to directly working with patients, occupational therapists may perform home and work evaluations in order to provide recommendations about adaptive accommodations to assist the patient in performing tasks and to provide advice to family members. Occupational therapists take a holistic view of the patient’s environment, needs and wants in order to help the patient.
List of Elite Programs in Louisville, KY
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Louisville, KY
The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to graduate from a 4-year college with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as biology, psychology, anthropology or kinesiology. The next step is to enroll in an occupational therapy program at an accredited school. At this time, there are no accredited occupational therapy classes online. In order to find a nearby accredited school, contact the American Occupational Association, Inc.
In order to work as an occupational therapist, individuals must first graduate from an occupational therapy program with an associate degree (equivalent to a Master’s degree). Next, a period of 24 weeks of supervised on the job occupational therapy training must be completed. Finally, before beginning unsupervised work, a license must be obtained from the state of Kentucky in order to practice occupational therapy within the state. In order to obtain a license, the applicant has to pass the state’s occupational therapy test and present their credentials to the state licensing board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Louisville, KY
The median salary for an occupational therapist in Louisville, KY is currently $77,000. When expressed on an hourly wage basis, this works out to $37 per hour.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Louisville, KY
The following schools offer accredited programs:
Brown Mackie College-Louisville
Jefferson Community and Technical College