Occupational therapists help people regain the ability to do things they need and like to do. The methods occupational therapists use involve therapeutic use of everyday activities, referred to as occupations. Occupational therapists often assist disabled children in learning how to participate in school, help injured adults re-learn how to perform activities of daily living, and help older adults adjust to changes in their cognitive and physical properties.
In addition to directly working with patients, occupational therapists may perform home and work evaluations in order to provide recommendations about adaptive accommodations to assist the patient in performing tasks and to provide advice to family members. Occupational therapists take a holistic view of the patient’s environment, needs and wants in order to help the patient.
List of Elite Programs in Louisville, KY
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Louisville, KY
The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to graduate from a 4-year college with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as biology, psychology, anthropology or kinesiology. The next step is to enroll in an occupational therapy program at an accredited school. At this time, there are no accredited occupational therapy classes online. In order to find a nearby accredited school, contact the American Occupational Association, Inc.
In order to work as an occupational therapist, individuals must first graduate from an occupational therapy program with an associate degree (equivalent to a Master’s degree). Next, a period of 24 weeks of supervised on the job occupational therapy training must be completed. Finally, before beginning unsupervised work, a license must be obtained from the state of Kentucky in order to practice occupational therapy within the state. In order to obtain a license, the applicant has to pass the state’s occupational therapy test and present their credentials to the state licensing board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Louisville, KY
The median salary for an occupational therapist in Louisville, KY is currently $77,000. When expressed on an hourly wage basis, this works out to $37 per hour.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Louisville, KY
The following schools offer accredited programs:
Brown Mackie College-Louisville
Jefferson Community and Technical College