Occupational therapists help people regain the ability to do things they need and like to do. The methods occupational therapists use involve therapeutic use of everyday activities, referred to as occupations. Occupational therapists often assist disabled children in learning how to participate in school, help injured adults re-learn how to perform activities of daily living, and help older adults adjust to changes in their cognitive and physical properties.
In addition to directly working with patients, occupational therapists may perform home and work evaluations in order to provide recommendations about adaptive accommodations to assist the patient in performing tasks and to provide advice to family members. Occupational therapists take a holistic view of the patient’s environment, needs and wants in order to help the patient.
List of Elite Programs in Louisville, KY
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Louisville, KY
The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to graduate from a 4-year college with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as biology, psychology, anthropology or kinesiology. The next step is to enroll in an occupational therapy program at an accredited school. At this time, there are no accredited occupational therapy classes online. In order to find a nearby accredited school, contact the American Occupational Association, Inc.
In order to work as an occupational therapist, individuals must first graduate from an occupational therapy program with an associate degree (equivalent to a Master’s degree). Next, a period of 24 weeks of supervised on the job occupational therapy training must be completed. Finally, before beginning unsupervised work, a license must be obtained from the state of Kentucky in order to practice occupational therapy within the state. In order to obtain a license, the applicant has to pass the state’s occupational therapy test and present their credentials to the state licensing board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Louisville, KY
The median salary for an occupational therapist in Louisville, KY is currently $77,000. When expressed on an hourly wage basis, this works out to $37 per hour.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Louisville, KY
The following schools offer accredited programs:
Brown Mackie College-Louisville
Jefferson Community and Technical College