Occupational Therapy is a great profession for one to go into. There are a lot of things that one must look into though before choosing to go into this field. For those that reside in the state of Louisiana, they will be able to find all the information needed about schooling, degrees, salaries, and certifications in their state, below.
List of Elite Programs in Louisiana
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Luckily for the residents of Louisiana, there are four different accredited colleges and universities that offer degrees in the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, one can find a list of the four schools that offer these opportunities for their students.
- Delgado Community College
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at New Orleans
- University of Louisiana Monroe
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport
Occupational Therapy Certification in Louisiana
To become a licensed Occupational Therapist in the state of Louisiana, one must pass all of the expectations and guidelines that are set forth by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. This board not only determines who is allowed to practice in the state, but they also are in charge of making sure that the Occupational Therapists who already have their license, are upholding to their agreements.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Louisiana
Occupational Therapy is a good field to go into if one resides in the state of Louisiana. On average, an Occupational Therapist can make around $51.6K a year. There are a few factors that can help to sway this average individually, but that is the basic average. For instance, depending on where one resides in the state of Louisiana and the type of degree they have, this yearly average could increase substantially.
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Louisiana
When going to school in Louisiana for Occupational Therapy, there are only two different degrees that one can choose to acquire while in school. There are currently 2 of the four schools that offer an Associate’s degree in this field, and there are 2 where one can acquire their Master’s Degree.
- Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Louisiana
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans Campus|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Allied Health Professions
|New Orleans||(504) 568-4302||1900 Gravier Street|
New Orleans, LA 70112
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport Campus|
Program in Occupational Therapy
Department of Rehabilitative Sciences
|Shreveport||(318) 813-2950||1501 Kings Highway|
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932