Occupational Therapy is a great profession for one to go into. There are a lot of things that one must look into though before choosing to go into this field. For those that reside in the state of Louisiana, they will be able to find all the information needed about schooling, degrees, salaries, and certifications in their state, below.
List of Elite Programs in Louisiana
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Luckily for the residents of Louisiana, there are four different accredited colleges and universities that offer degrees in the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, one can find a list of the four schools that offer these opportunities for their students.
- Delgado Community College
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at New Orleans
- University of Louisiana Monroe
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport
Occupational Therapy Certification in Louisiana
To become a licensed Occupational Therapist in the state of Louisiana, one must pass all of the expectations and guidelines that are set forth by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. This board not only determines who is allowed to practice in the state, but they also are in charge of making sure that the Occupational Therapists who already have their license, are upholding to their agreements.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Louisiana
Occupational Therapy is a good field to go into if one resides in the state of Louisiana. On average, an Occupational Therapist can make around $51.6K a year. There are a few factors that can help to sway this average individually, but that is the basic average. For instance, depending on where one resides in the state of Louisiana and the type of degree they have, this yearly average could increase substantially.
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Louisiana
When going to school in Louisiana for Occupational Therapy, there are only two different degrees that one can choose to acquire while in school. There are currently 2 of the four schools that offer an Associate’s degree in this field, and there are 2 where one can acquire their Master’s Degree.
- Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Louisiana
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans Campus|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Allied Health Professions
|New Orleans||(504) 568-4302||1900 Gravier Street|
New Orleans, LA 70112
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport Campus|
Program in Occupational Therapy
Department of Rehabilitative Sciences
|Shreveport||(318) 813-2950||1501 Kings Highway|
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932