Occupational Therapy is a great profession for one to go into. There are a lot of things that one must look into though before choosing to go into this field. For those that reside in the state of Louisiana, they will be able to find all the information needed about schooling, degrees, salaries, and certifications in their state, below.
List of Elite Programs in Louisiana
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Luckily for the residents of Louisiana, there are four different accredited colleges and universities that offer degrees in the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, one can find a list of the four schools that offer these opportunities for their students.
- Delgado Community College
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at New Orleans
- University of Louisiana Monroe
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport
Occupational Therapy Certification in Louisiana
To become a licensed Occupational Therapist in the state of Louisiana, one must pass all of the expectations and guidelines that are set forth by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. This board not only determines who is allowed to practice in the state, but they also are in charge of making sure that the Occupational Therapists who already have their license, are upholding to their agreements.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Louisiana
Occupational Therapy is a good field to go into if one resides in the state of Louisiana. On average, an Occupational Therapist can make around $51.6K a year. There are a few factors that can help to sway this average individually, but that is the basic average. For instance, depending on where one resides in the state of Louisiana and the type of degree they have, this yearly average could increase substantially.
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Louisiana
When going to school in Louisiana for Occupational Therapy, there are only two different degrees that one can choose to acquire while in school. There are currently 2 of the four schools that offer an Associate’s degree in this field, and there are 2 where one can acquire their Master’s Degree.
- Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Louisiana
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans Campus|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Allied Health Professions
|New Orleans||(504) 568-4302||1900 Gravier Street|
New Orleans, LA 70112
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport Campus|
Program in Occupational Therapy
Department of Rehabilitative Sciences
|Shreveport||(318) 813-2950||1501 Kings Highway|
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932