Occupational Therapy is a great profession for one to go into. There are a lot of things that one must look into though before choosing to go into this field. For those that reside in the state of Louisiana, they will be able to find all the information needed about schooling, degrees, salaries, and certifications in their state, below.
List of Elite Programs in Louisiana
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Luckily for the residents of Louisiana, there are four different accredited colleges and universities that offer degrees in the field of Occupational Therapy. Below, one can find a list of the four schools that offer these opportunities for their students.
- Delgado Community College
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at New Orleans
- University of Louisiana Monroe
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport
Occupational Therapy Certification in Louisiana
To become a licensed Occupational Therapist in the state of Louisiana, one must pass all of the expectations and guidelines that are set forth by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. This board not only determines who is allowed to practice in the state, but they also are in charge of making sure that the Occupational Therapists who already have their license, are upholding to their agreements.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Louisiana
Occupational Therapy is a good field to go into if one resides in the state of Louisiana. On average, an Occupational Therapist can make around $51.6K a year. There are a few factors that can help to sway this average individually, but that is the basic average. For instance, depending on where one resides in the state of Louisiana and the type of degree they have, this yearly average could increase substantially.
List of Occupational Therapy Schools in Louisiana
When going to school in Louisiana for Occupational Therapy, there are only two different degrees that one can choose to acquire while in school. There are currently 2 of the four schools that offer an Associate’s degree in this field, and there are 2 where one can acquire their Master’s Degree.
- Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Louisiana
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans Campus|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Allied Health Professions
|New Orleans||(504) 568-4302||1900 Gravier Street|
New Orleans, LA 70112
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport Campus|
Program in Occupational Therapy
Department of Rehabilitative Sciences
|Shreveport||(318) 813-2950||1501 Kings Highway|
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932