With baby boomers continuing to stay active well into their senior years and with health care accessibility expanding, the occupational therapy field is expanding at a far greater pace than other careers. Jobs for occupational therapists will grow nearly 30 percent over the next 10 years, and occupational therapy assistant jobs will expand by 41 percent. To join the ranks of Los Angeles’ 2,210 occupational therapists and 310 occupational therapy assistants, though, prospective students will need to find an occupational therapy program approved by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
List of Elite Programs in Los Angeles
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Occupational therapy licenses for therapists and assistants are issued by the State of California’s Board of Occupational Therapy. To qualify for the licenses, students must complete occupational therapy classes and earn a master’s degree at an accredited occupational therapy college. They must also complete all occupational therapy training fieldwork and pass the occupational therapy test administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, or NBCOT. Occupational therapists who complete those requirements and maintain membership in NBCOT may use the Occupational Therapist Registered, or OTR, designation. Students who complete all the assistant occupational therapy courses, earn an associate’s degree, pass the NBCOT exam and maintain organizational membership may use the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, or COTA, designation.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Los Angeles
These professionals work in a variety of settings, including health care offices, hospitals, schools and nursing homes. Others provide home health services. In the Los Angeles area, therapists earn $92,400, slightly higher than the statewide mean of $89,620. Occupational therapy assistants in Los Angeles earn a salary of $67,100, also slightly higher than the state mean of $66,020.
List of Occupational Therapy Masters Programs in California
Accredited master’s degree occupational therapy programs are operated throughout the state. Occupational therapy degree programs in the Los Angeles area include public California State University at Dominguez Hills and private occupational therapy colleges Loma Linda University, University of Southern California and University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, California Campus. Northern California also offers two private accredited occupational therapy courses towards a master’s degree: Dominican University and Samuel Merritt University. Occupational therapy schools for assistants include the public community colleges Grossmont, Sacramento City and Santa Ana colleges and the private occupational therapy certification program at Stanbridge College.