With baby boomers continuing to stay active well into their senior years and with health care accessibility expanding, the occupational therapy field is expanding at a far greater pace than other careers. Jobs for occupational therapists will grow nearly 30 percent over the next 10 years, and occupational therapy assistant jobs will expand by 41 percent. To join the ranks of Los Angeles’ 2,210 occupational therapists and 310 occupational therapy assistants, though, prospective students will need to find an occupational therapy program approved by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
List of Elite Programs in Los Angeles
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Occupational therapy licenses for therapists and assistants are issued by the State of California’s Board of Occupational Therapy. To qualify for the licenses, students must complete occupational therapy classes and earn a master’s degree at an accredited occupational therapy college. They must also complete all occupational therapy training fieldwork and pass the occupational therapy test administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, or NBCOT. Occupational therapists who complete those requirements and maintain membership in NBCOT may use the Occupational Therapist Registered, or OTR, designation. Students who complete all the assistant occupational therapy courses, earn an associate’s degree, pass the NBCOT exam and maintain organizational membership may use the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, or COTA, designation.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Los Angeles
These professionals work in a variety of settings, including health care offices, hospitals, schools and nursing homes. Others provide home health services. In the Los Angeles area, therapists earn $92,400, slightly higher than the statewide mean of $89,620. Occupational therapy assistants in Los Angeles earn a salary of $67,100, also slightly higher than the state mean of $66,020.
List of Occupational Therapy Masters Programs in California
Accredited master’s degree occupational therapy programs are operated throughout the state. Occupational therapy degree programs in the Los Angeles area include public California State University at Dominguez Hills and private occupational therapy colleges Loma Linda University, University of Southern California and University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, California Campus. Northern California also offers two private accredited occupational therapy courses towards a master’s degree: Dominican University and Samuel Merritt University. Occupational therapy schools for assistants include the public community colleges Grossmont, Sacramento City and Santa Ana colleges and the private occupational therapy certification program at Stanbridge College.