The outlook is bright for those in the Occupational Therapist medical field. This is one medical field that is experiencing tremendous growth. Therefore, there is a growing need for new people to enter the career field and attend the right learning facilities that offer a degree. The therapist is a very important member of the medical team that treats patient’s with disabilities. Do you like working with people? Are you patient, kind, understanding? Well, here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Long Beach, CA
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Long Beach, CA
The key to getting started in this very rewarding medical field is to attend a facility that is fully accredited. Check the local community or even search online for that type of institution. Schools that have that standing, are approved by state associations that govern learning and working in the career. Many training classes take 2 years or more to complete.
Here is something that is interesting to note for those interested in this career. Every state has their own rules. However, all states require the candidate to take and pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapist exam. Of course, this is after completing learning at an approved educational facility.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Long Beach, CA
Perhaps, at this point, many might wonder about the salary in this medical profession. Well, the national average is $75,400 per year. This is actually the national median range. In other words, some made slightly higher salaries, while others made slightly less. Generally, salary depends on a number of important factors. For example, educational level, medical facility, and locality. Certainly, those with advanced degrees are at the top of the salary range.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Long Beach, CA
Certainly, it is vital to attend a learning institution that is approved by the state. Now, this is important: there are a number of approved learning institutions in the Long Beach area. We explore those opportunities in the following list.
- California State University, Long Beach
- Charter College, Long Beach, CA
- Long Beach City College, Long Beach, CA