The outlook is bright for those in the Occupational Therapist medical field. This is one medical field that is experiencing tremendous growth. Therefore, there is a growing need for new people to enter the career field and attend the right learning facilities that offer a degree. The therapist is a very important member of the medical team that treats patient’s with disabilities. Do you like working with people? Are you patient, kind, understanding? Well, here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Long Beach, CA
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Long Beach, CA
The key to getting started in this very rewarding medical field is to attend a facility that is fully accredited. Check the local community or even search online for that type of institution. Schools that have that standing, are approved by state associations that govern learning and working in the career. Many training classes take 2 years or more to complete.
Here is something that is interesting to note for those interested in this career. Every state has their own rules. However, all states require the candidate to take and pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapist exam. Of course, this is after completing learning at an approved educational facility.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Long Beach, CA
Perhaps, at this point, many might wonder about the salary in this medical profession. Well, the national average is $75,400 per year. This is actually the national median range. In other words, some made slightly higher salaries, while others made slightly less. Generally, salary depends on a number of important factors. For example, educational level, medical facility, and locality. Certainly, those with advanced degrees are at the top of the salary range.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Long Beach, CA
Certainly, it is vital to attend a learning institution that is approved by the state. Now, this is important: there are a number of approved learning institutions in the Long Beach area. We explore those opportunities in the following list.
- California State University, Long Beach
- Charter College, Long Beach, CA
- Long Beach City College, Long Beach, CA