There are currently no schools in Las Vegas that offer an occupational therapy program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). However, 20 minutes south in Henderson, Nevada, Touro University offers the only accredited occupational therapy program in the state.
List of Elite Programs in Las Vegas
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
To practice as an occupational therapist in Nevada, practitioners must first receive a license to practice within the state. In order to be eligible to apply for a Nevada Occupational Therapist license, a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy must be received from an accredited school. In addition to that degree or as part of schooling, 24 weeks of occupational therapy work experience must also be completed. Once these items have been achieved and the graduate passes a criminal background check, a passing score on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam must be achieved. After these items are reviewed and accepted, the applicant will receive a license to practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Nevada. After a license is granted, the state of Nevada requires 20 continuing competency contact hours in order to renew an occupational therapy license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist in Las Vegas is roughly $70,000, which is about 19 percent lower than the national average.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered at Touro University in Henderson, Nevada, which is 20 minutes south of Las Vegas, is the only accredited OT program in Nevada. This program offers students the classroom hours as well as work experience hours required to become a licensed occupational therapist. This program also prepares students for the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam, which is also required by the state of Nevada to lawfully practice occupational therapy. In order to apply for this program, students must either have a Bachelor’s degree; an Associate’s degree, plus 30 upper division credit hours; or 90 undergraduate credit hours, 30 of these are required to be upper division credit hours. No matter which of these requirements apply to the students, they must be completed with a minimum 3.0 GPA. There are also some prerequisite courses applicants must complete before being accepted into the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered by Touro University.