There are currently no schools in Las Vegas that offer an occupational therapy program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). However, 20 minutes south in Henderson, Nevada, Touro University offers the only accredited occupational therapy program in the state.
List of Elite Programs in Las Vegas
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
To practice as an occupational therapist in Nevada, practitioners must first receive a license to practice within the state. In order to be eligible to apply for a Nevada Occupational Therapist license, a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy must be received from an accredited school. In addition to that degree or as part of schooling, 24 weeks of occupational therapy work experience must also be completed. Once these items have been achieved and the graduate passes a criminal background check, a passing score on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam must be achieved. After these items are reviewed and accepted, the applicant will receive a license to practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Nevada. After a license is granted, the state of Nevada requires 20 continuing competency contact hours in order to renew an occupational therapy license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist in Las Vegas is roughly $70,000, which is about 19 percent lower than the national average.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered at Touro University in Henderson, Nevada, which is 20 minutes south of Las Vegas, is the only accredited OT program in Nevada. This program offers students the classroom hours as well as work experience hours required to become a licensed occupational therapist. This program also prepares students for the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam, which is also required by the state of Nevada to lawfully practice occupational therapy. In order to apply for this program, students must either have a Bachelor’s degree; an Associate’s degree, plus 30 upper division credit hours; or 90 undergraduate credit hours, 30 of these are required to be upper division credit hours. No matter which of these requirements apply to the students, they must be completed with a minimum 3.0 GPA. There are also some prerequisite courses applicants must complete before being accepted into the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered by Touro University.