There are currently no schools in Las Vegas that offer an occupational therapy program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). However, 20 minutes south in Henderson, Nevada, Touro University offers the only accredited occupational therapy program in the state.
List of Elite Programs in Las Vegas
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
To practice as an occupational therapist in Nevada, practitioners must first receive a license to practice within the state. In order to be eligible to apply for a Nevada Occupational Therapist license, a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy must be received from an accredited school. In addition to that degree or as part of schooling, 24 weeks of occupational therapy work experience must also be completed. Once these items have been achieved and the graduate passes a criminal background check, a passing score on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam must be achieved. After these items are reviewed and accepted, the applicant will receive a license to practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Nevada. After a license is granted, the state of Nevada requires 20 continuing competency contact hours in order to renew an occupational therapy license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist in Las Vegas is roughly $70,000, which is about 19 percent lower than the national average.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered at Touro University in Henderson, Nevada, which is 20 minutes south of Las Vegas, is the only accredited OT program in Nevada. This program offers students the classroom hours as well as work experience hours required to become a licensed occupational therapist. This program also prepares students for the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam, which is also required by the state of Nevada to lawfully practice occupational therapy. In order to apply for this program, students must either have a Bachelor’s degree; an Associate’s degree, plus 30 upper division credit hours; or 90 undergraduate credit hours, 30 of these are required to be upper division credit hours. No matter which of these requirements apply to the students, they must be completed with a minimum 3.0 GPA. There are also some prerequisite courses applicants must complete before being accepted into the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered by Touro University.