There are currently no schools in Las Vegas that offer an occupational therapy program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). However, 20 minutes south in Henderson, Nevada, Touro University offers the only accredited occupational therapy program in the state.
List of Elite Programs in Las Vegas
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Utah College of Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Massage therapy is a flexible and rewarding career in which you not only take care of others – you also take care of yourself! You can work in a resort spa, cruise ship, medical office, sports clinic, destination spa, or a day spa close to home. You can even start your own private practice!
To practice as an occupational therapist in Nevada, practitioners must first receive a license to practice within the state. In order to be eligible to apply for a Nevada Occupational Therapist license, a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy must be received from an accredited school. In addition to that degree or as part of schooling, 24 weeks of occupational therapy work experience must also be completed. Once these items have been achieved and the graduate passes a criminal background check, a passing score on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam must be achieved. After these items are reviewed and accepted, the applicant will receive a license to practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Nevada. After a license is granted, the state of Nevada requires 20 continuing competency contact hours in order to renew an occupational therapy license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist in Las Vegas is roughly $70,000, which is about 19 percent lower than the national average.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered at Touro University in Henderson, Nevada, which is 20 minutes south of Las Vegas, is the only accredited OT program in Nevada. This program offers students the classroom hours as well as work experience hours required to become a licensed occupational therapist. This program also prepares students for the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam, which is also required by the state of Nevada to lawfully practice occupational therapy. In order to apply for this program, students must either have a Bachelor’s degree; an Associate’s degree, plus 30 upper division credit hours; or 90 undergraduate credit hours, 30 of these are required to be upper division credit hours. No matter which of these requirements apply to the students, they must be completed with a minimum 3.0 GPA. There are also some prerequisite courses applicants must complete before being accepted into the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered by Touro University.